• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resistant to Absolute Zero and Statistics Amplification for Sternritter

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the same ability being used, Blut. Blut is literally pumping your Reiatsu into your veins to increase durability and esoteric durability. As Nodt does not have Reiatsu on par with his superiors, they would be able to pump more Reiatsu into their veins, thus a superior Blut than his.

MachTwo said:
In Sasuke profile, he has Resistance to ice Manipulation via superior chakra control than Kakashi.
Why can't we do the same in here?
If this is true ( I didn't even know it was honestly) then this needs to be discussed and removed too.

I agree with Pachi, Matt and the others. Bleach doesn't get a free pass on resistance scaling unlike other verses who are the same case.

The issue is that this resistance scaling is based on an ability with specific mechanics described to us. Blut works by pumping Reiatsu into your veins to increase durability. Blut users with superior Reiatsu/durability feats than As Nodt would have superior resistance to him since they can pump more Reiatsu into their veins than him.

Matthew Schroeder said:
That is resistance to heat, not resistance to cold. One isn't necessarily linearly equal to the other.
And yes, we don't scale specific resistances to specific times of abilities on the virtue of being "stronger". Look at Dragon Ball profiles for an example. Resistance to generic cold attacks by virtue of Chakra giving you power, durability, etc. is one thing. Resistance to Absolute Zero based on resisting being burned in contrary.
Indeed. There's a lack of understnding about how thermodynamics works here. Rukia's ability especially.

Anyway, someone should really close this thread.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
The issue is that this resistance scaling is based on an ability with specific mechanics described to us. Blut works by pumping Reiatsu into your veins to increase durability. Blut users with superior Reiatsu/durability feats than As Nodt would have superior resistance to him since they can pump more Reiatsu into their veins than him.
Indeed. There's a lack of understnding on how Blut works here.

I had no idea what the reasoning for this rejection other than we not scaling resistance like that thus we must assume As Nodt miraculously has better Blut than anyone else.

Does it say in the manga that the Blut Vene of impure Quincy is weaker than pure Quincy?

• As Nodt was a human that Yhwach gave Quincy powers.
  • I don't know if "Blut" was mentioned. I think it was strenght or something. Let me check on that. I'll post the scan when I find it.
  • How Blut Vene works:
"T"he second one is what they called Blut.

Nothing really indicates there that he was purely Human, right? By giving him power, Yhwach could have just meant giving him a Schrift.

Damage3245 said:
Nothing really indicates there that he was purely Human, right? By giving him power, Yhwach could have just meant giving him a Schrift.
Next to As Nodt bed there's a German Bible. Quincy religion is base on Yhwach.

Damage3245 said:
Does it say in the manga that the Blut Vene of impure Quincy is weaker than pure Quincy?
It acually does. All pure Quincy are born with Blut and the rest must train to get it, because Masaki was a pure Quincy her Blut was really good.

We are told repeatedly that Blut Vene works by pumping Reishi or Reiatsu into the user's veins to amp their durability. Anyone with more Reiatsu, better durability feats and/or is a pure Quincy would have a superior Blut than As Nodt.

All that says is that pure Quincy are born with it as opposed to training it. That doesn't say that all pure Quincy are superior to impure Quincy.

We should probably make the accepted changes to the characters that have demonstrated the ability, and then close this thread. It is starting to get tiresome.

I am still constantly notified of your replies, and the thread will evidently not lead anywhere further.

For the record, I am personally neutral to this, but it does not seem like it will get accepted.

Lol

For the record, I don't think anyone here disagree with Statistics Amplification for Sternritter. :/

Only resistance to AZ.

Okay. We have a bit of a problem due to that Soldier Blue is very tied up IRL at the moment.

There really is no reason that those with superior durability feats to As Nodt or superior Reiatsu than As Nodt would also not get the resistance added. Blut's mechanic is to amp durability and esoteric durability by pumping Reishi or Reiatsu into the veins. I understand disagreeing with the notion that all Sternritter get the resistance; however, it makes no sense to disregard those superior to As Nodt as we know how Blut functions and that those with superior Reiatsu than him would have better Blut than him.

I personally think that IMade makes sense, but it seems unlikely that other people in this thread will agree.

Still, Soldier Blue told me that he would most lilely be gone for around 2 weeks on September 3rd, so it may be best to wait for his input.

I only posted the scans today and from those that have seen it, no one has disagreed yet nor made a counter point against it. Sigurd and Mach Two have agreed though.

But if we must wait again for Soldier Blue, then I suppose. But it has been a long time and we have around 10 Bleach Threads for him to also go through then.

More people agree then disagree.The only disagreement is based off a verbal general ruling,no actual counterargument based on justification for the suggested scaling.

Damage3245 said:
All that says is that pure Quincy are born with it as opposed to training it. That doesn't say that all pure Quincy are superior to impure Quincy.
I did point out this IMade, that your scans don't actually state all pure Quincy are superior in terms of Blut Vene to all impure Quincy.

Which characters would be affected if we accept this?

In lack of better options, it may be best if IMade starts a new thread that summarises the arguments and evidence, and then asks several staff members to give input.

Damage3245 said:
I did point out this IMade, that your scans don't actually state all pure Quincy are superior in terms of Blut Vene to all impure Quincy.
This doesn't counter the fact that those with better Blut durability or Reiatsu would have better Blut than As Nodt. I only posted that tidbit because you were arguing with AppleLord about Pure and Impure Quincy.

Is there a list of characters that have explicitly better Blut Vene than As Nodt?

Antvasima said:
Which characters would be affected if we accept this?
In lack of better options, it may be best if IMade starts a new thread that summarises the arguments and evidence, and then asks several staff members to give input.
The only characters affected that we could prove are Yhwach, Haschwalth, Royd Lloyd, Pernida, Gerard, Askin, Lille and perhaps Uryu.

A possibly could be thrown at Bazz-B and NaNaNa since they displayed similar durabilityto As Nodt through Blut when the three of them were hit by the same blast from Yamamoto.

Well, I personally think that this seems umcontroversial to apply, but since Matthew disagrees, we need input from other staff members, who are very unlikely to read an almost 250 post thread to understand what is asked of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back