• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Just what it says in the title. Why is resistance to gravity and gravity-hax not in the powers and abilities lists for these guys???? Anyone who has read the manga or watched the series knows what I am talking about. Before even going Super Saiyan for the first time, Goku has trained to be able to easily move and fight in 100 times normal gravity. By the Buu saga, Vegeta does some of his training in over 400 times (and if I remember his statements correctly, up to 1000 times) normal gravity, all while not Super Saiyan! Also, gravity-training was an essential plot-element in the series as far as Goku's and Vegeta's training and becoming strong are concerned, so obviously gravity-resistance should be in their powers-listing.

Now, what we can say definitively from demonstrated feats is that Goku can move and fight easily in at least 100 times Earth's gravity, and Vegeta in at least 400 times (or 1000 times) by end-of-DBZ. Of course, likelihood is that Super Saiyan 2 Goku and Vegeta could withstand tens of thousands of times normal gravity, and that Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta from DBS could probably fight right next to the event horizon of a black hole and be fine, but there's no way to confirm that as-of-yet.

I'm probably guessing the way how they are able to move around under that much gravity of which a normal human couldn't be able to (6 Gs could cause them to pass out while under 12 Gs can kill the normal person in the same lethal force produced for one millisecnd of a 40 mph car crash) was perhaps through adaptations or like how you say "resistance" by building themselves up. For the normal Saiyans living on Planet Vegeta in 10 Gs (same gravity like King Kai's planet) is like a walk in a park (especially Nappa saying that it's like a breeze when he and Vegeta was on Earth).

SunWukong1986 said:
I'm probably guessing the way how they are able to move around under that much gravity of which a normal human couldn't be able to (6 Gs could cause them to pass out while under 12 Gs can kill the normal person in the same lethal force produced for one millisecnd of a 40 mph car crash) was perhaps through adaptations or like how you say "resistance" by building themselves up. For the normal Saiyans living on Planet Vegeta in 10 Gs (same gravity like King Kai's planet) is like a walk in a park (especially Nappa saying that it's like a breeze when he and Vegeta was on Earth).
Exactly! Resistance to high gravity has always been a trait fundamental to the strength and power of Saiyans. This needs to be added to their list of powers.

This means that by extension, Goku and Vegeta could withstand, with ease, some quite-powerful gravity-hax from characters who have them.

Those are durability and maybe strength/speed feats, not hax resistance.

If someone used a flamethrower on goku it wouldn't do shit because of his durability being too high for the fire to effect him. That doesn't mean goku has any particular resistance to fire related powers or attacks, it's just an AP/Durability issue.

It's actually funny you bring this up because resistance to gravity hax would make it so that goku and vegita would not be able to gain any benifit from training in high gravity - the gravity would just not effect them at all. The fact that the high gravity effects them is what strains their muscles and allows them to get stronger in the first place.

Firstly, I was planning to do this myself, but you beat me to it. So kudos.

Also, I agree with A Sword Dancer after thoroughly reading his response.

Hmmmmm, good point, very good point that it is not actual hax-resistance, just a feat of extreme levels of Ki and cellular-resilience.

Even if not actual gravity-hax-resistance, though, couldn't (and shouldn't) we put something like "able to fight in high gravity exceeding 400g" (which does NOT imply actual resistance to hax) in Goku's and Vegeta's ability-lists? The 400g figure comes from Vegeta's depicted gravity-training. I think that does make sense. Even if it's not actual hax-resistance, it's still something very important to note. That way, for example, people won't think that Goku would lose to Bambina (from Toriko) if they had to fight in the ring that Bambina builds on top of 100g Mountain (which is exactly what it sounds like) just because of the gravity.

Back