• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So, negative temperature (as in, temperatures below 0K or 0R) are under absolute zero, but that doesn't mean they are "colder".

In fact, negative temperatures on absolute scales are actually HOTTER than any positive temperature, and yes, this also includes infinite positive temperature. So enduring negative temperature would mean to endure temperatures literally higher than infinity.

But how does one go about using it in a feat?
Is it at least High 3-A? Or just (immense) resistance to extreme heat? (And yes, it would be heat, not cold. As negative temperature is hotter than even infinite temperature, despite being "under" absolute zero)

But that's just enduring negative temperature, but what about generating negative temperature for AP? Especially if they are explicitly manipulating energy/entropy to reach it.

Last edited:
But that's just enduring negative temperature, but what about generating negative temperature for AP? Especially if they are explicitly manipulating energy/entropy to reach it.
I think that depends on context. If the context supports this needing infinite energy and the way of achieving it is done via some universal energy system them yeah it's high 3A.
Otherwise probably not

I think that depends on context. If the context supports this needing infinite energy and the way of achieving it is done via some universal energy system them yeah it's high 3A.
Otherwise probably not
Just extreme heat resistance otherwise if endured?
And I'm talking, hotter than infinity kind of resistance.

As any negative temperature is hotter than any positive temperature, including infinite temperature.
So: any negative temperature > ∞ positive temperature.

So even if a character can withstand infinite temperature, they're still going to get burned by any negative temperature.

Speaking of infinity energy, I have actually read that to reach absolute zero, you would need an infinite rate of entropy. So absolute zero is High 3-A according to irl physics I guess.

As I understand it negative temperature only works if you don't use the classical definition of temperature as "average kinetic energy of the particles" and instead a definition that takes stronger consideration of the change of entropy.
What you have to hence consider for tiering purposes is that those "hotter than infinity" negative temperatures do not necessarily hold much or little energy at all. It's that the energy they hold brings them in a special state of being especially ordered that makes them have those temperatures. in particular you probably shouldn't use the usual temperature to energy equations on that.
I.e. It's not actually that impressive to endure.

Back