• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tonygameman

He/Him
ElixirBlue said:
Omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg
I know, right? A stream happens at 6:00 am "Pacific Time", so it's very much guaranteed (besides a new Crash Bandicoot/PlayStation All-Stars game).

Hm... i'm looking at the Resident Evil profiles and they could benefit from detailed descriptions of their weaponry.

Tonygameman said:
Wondering what new feats this will bring on compared to Resident Evil 2's...
There are still a few feats to be calculated from RE2 Remake, but yes considering the usual feats we would most likely going to get Wall level and Small Building level feats, along with maybe SuperHuman and Supersonic feats in term of speed.

Honestly, I remember simply having the chance of Nemesis jumping at you back in the day was scary as frig, Mr. X stalking you around in RE2 Remake had you on the edge constantly (dude, even my own footsteps unsettled me at moments). Just imagine how frightening could Nemesis could be this time around by actively stalking you, awaiting a chance to attack you, hide in the darkness to get you at the worst possible moment, gun you down with his rockets, and just be like a predator.

The nose is pretty disturbing. It kind of hammers that whatever Nemesis is right now, it was once a human being.

Okay, so:

• Being able to explore a lot of Raccoon City, but not having too much freedom seems like a good choice. I mean, it conveys the idea you are going through the city trying to escape, but if you had too much free movement it would hurt the feeling of being trapped in the place.
  • Nemesis has improved AI. Sweeeeeeet....! And was created in real-life to be scanned into the game? ...Uh... That's rather disturbing before you think they simply mean a doll or model.
  • No more multiple endings or different sequences based on action choices? Hmm... I personally don't have an issue with that, much rather a solid straightforward narrative than minor deviations. But I understand the players who aren't happy with this change.
  • Playable Carlos? Fine by me. Lol, it must be the accent, all the ladies love it.
  • Mutat Worms will be back. D´OH!

Also, new trailer:

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/01/resident-evil-3-remake-nemesis-trailer-heroes-and-villains-detailed

So this thread will only be about RE3 R?

This is easily one of my fav franchises and I'd like to talk about everything myself.

Eh? I thought there was a main RE Discussion Thread. Still a good a idea to shift it to RE in general and take the chance to discuss the 3R

Anyone played the RE3 Demon? I thought it was pretty good. Jill has a pretty overpowered move to deal with bioweapons now, the ancient art of sidestepping. >=V

And yeah, Nemesis just like Mr. X is unstopable but has plenty of tricks to make escaping from him harder.

So, game begins Jill is in her apartment be like "3 more days and I'm outta this hellhole city", phone rings and Brad be like "Jill, GTFO there ASAP", Jill like "Uh, sure", but wall be like "CRASH" and raiding Nemesis be like "Sssstarrrrssss". And you spend the next few minutes running for dear life. All in the first five minutes.

Honestly so far the Remake is pretty awesome.

EDIT: So uh, apparently knocking out Nemesis does give rewards in the game, like it did in the original 3, differently from Mr. X's case in RE2R. I was trying to sneak past him at a point next to one of those electric generators, the camera screw prevented me from aiming properly at the thing and I got a left hook at the temple for it. Got salty and threw a grenade at the generator with Nemesis right next to it, everything blew up and Nemesis got a down, got a Trophy and Nemesis dropped a case with a handgun part. So yeah

Spoiler

Also, with Nemesis be 9-A, does means that Jill will have to be upgraded to 9-A in both Durability and Attack Potency with small arms, heavy weapons and explosives?

Because then we should have to upgrade Leon and Claire as well, considering that they were using similar weapons, as well as the fact that they shouldn't be considerably weaker than Jill, but then we would kinda have to upgrade Mr. X considering that he is far physically stronger than both Leon and Claire.

Yeah, we would have to make a CRT about this.

@Stefano - I doubt Jill should be 9-A. Taking hits from Nemesis does not necessarily mean she would scale to him, especially since Nemesis could easily kill her in a couple punches lore-wise (Also, idk, Nemesis normal AP might arguably be 9-B anyways).

Jill in game can take a shot from a rocket launcher sure, but that's not canonical, is it? LOL

I feel Jill should be 9-B (She has a cutscene feat of lifting that huge ass rail-gun, then withstanding the recoil that sent cracks into the stone floor despite her being the only thing bracing it), and she should likely be comparable to Chris anyways, who can throw human sized enemies around with punches easily (and crush skulls with stomps by RE5).

So, for Jill: Likely 9-B physically for taking a kick from Nemesis in the intro and being thrown through a wall + being able to easily lift massive weaponry and use them while standing firm from the recoil. 9-B with most weapons (and durability negation via flame rounds and acid rounds).

CinCameron20 said:
Jill in game can take a shot from a rocket launcher sure, but that's not canonical, is it? LOL
We already using plenty of feats in game, for both the OG and Remake versions (from crushing skulls, kill zombies and ganadoes with melee, took attacks from various BOWs, react and dodge attacks from various BOWs).

If you don't think taking a shot from a rocket launcher isn't valid because it was in game, then we should start dismiss all those feats and downgrade everyone.

Spoiler

About speed, even that may be upgraded soon. As Nemesis had be show to be capable to react and dodge MGL Grenade Launcher's shells, which have a Muzzle velocity of 75 m/s (Subsonic).

While Jill Valentine can too dodge Nemesis's rockets which come from what it looks like a FIM-92 Stinger, meaning they should travel at Mach 2.54 (Supersonic to Supersonic+).

We may need someone to calc those feats for precise results, but i wouldn't be suprise if we ended up with Supersonic combat speed and reactions.

Also, the Nemesis was able to reach the moving subway train, which usually move at 55 mph or 24.5872 m/s, so a good supporting feat for Superhuman travel/movement speed.

WeeklyBattles said:
Yes actually, she tanked a rocket launcher to the face in one of the cutscenes
More like it exploded right next to her, but yeah, i meant like how she could tank 3 rocket shots in-game.

in a cutscene a rocket from nemi explodes less than a foot away from her shouldnt this give her a durability buff

and i doubt any real human could lift the finger from the end and brace the empact so should th is not give her a buff to strength

Sooo, not quite VS wise. But what are your guys thoughts on RE3R? I thought it was short, but pretty sweet. What it did do was great. And honestly had a lot of fun with it.

Since Remake Jill has been upgraded to Supersonic combat speed and reactions, shouldn't Nemesis get the same rating as well?

Makes sense, I mean, he does manage to catch her several times and many of Jill's dodges of his attacks are by the skin of her teeth.

@Boogie: Quoting Carlos, "She's not like that. Hell, she's not like anybody"

Back