• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Requested Match: Kurokami Medaka VS. Itsuka Shido

By Medaka's luck being wanked and contradicted by what she actually does, not to mention the fact that Shido is also the hero of his own story which A) renders that point moot and B) makes murdering him certainly qualify as "unheroic"

>Wanked

>Literally some of the best feats of luck on the site

>Contradicted

>The entire series is how Medaka cannot lose due to being the Hero (which is just insane luck).

Would it not really working against other protags be considered a weakness?

Since it's literally stated that she has this via being a protag, and every other protag has it as well.

Not really. It is stated to be a thing in verse. Unlike other cases in other verses. And it doesn't stop being a thing against other protags, other protags just have the same.

That's what I'm saying though. If other protags have it accourding to how her own power works, how would it be useful against them?

In her verse other protagonists would have it, not in all verses.

Seriously are you trying to give "medaka box specific traits" to every other verse? What even is reasoning?

Well, cause verse equalization is a thing.

I would think it would be treated like nen baptism. Which can be countered by an equivalent source via its own laws.

Or how we assume people who can break through magic barriers can also break through RWBY aura forcefields.

This is how we should be treat Reiatsu Crush as well, but there's a lot of bleach peeps over here.

>Verse equalization

>Giving hax to all protagonists ever because a verse says that protagonists in that verse have hax

..................................................................................................................................................

To better explain why I think these weaknesses and caveats should be handed out I'll give an analogy to a completely different power.

Let's say a character has mind hax with potency in the tens of billions easily. But in the story itself, it is stated that this mind hax only works on fish and other aquatic animals.

Are we going to say "Well, that only applies to his verse. The humans in his verse can't be controlled, but that doesn't mean humans in other verses can't!"

See the problem there? It's a pretty ludicrous statement, if you ask me.

No that's a very false equivalency. What' you're doing is more like:

"All angels in X verse have mind and soul hax simply by virtue of being angels"

therefore

"All angels in every verse have mind and soul hax via verse equalization"

Not how this works.

Well, I'm thinking less of giving powers and resistance and more of giving weaknesses.

Medaka's weakness being that her luck shouldn't really work how it normally would, when going against another protagonist (Per the rules of her own power).

It's not uncommon for supernatural luck to have a weakness or caveat. Like certain conditions on when it can be used and who it can be used against.

Well, this can be further discussed after the move.

I actually plan on bringing up a few things, including the caveat to desperado hax that was discussed a whie ago and a certain character from one of my main popular verses I follow having some limited form of luck/fate manipulation.

Back