• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Request: Make beyonder in his realm "Possibly 1-A"

Status
Not open for further replies.
this would make the beyonder wankers stop and the beyonder haters shut up too and is the most fair, imo

We're not going to upgrade a character based off something this trivial. We need something to go by, feats, statements, WoG. We also need it to be consistent.

If you want consistency, make him 1-A.

How is he much different from the Presence who is 1-A? To my knowledge The Presence has been killed right? Or he has places he can't reach disproving his omniscience.

Beyondwr stated that no force can take his life away without his consent. Hyperbole maybe, however there isn't really a full fledged contradiction. Doom stole his power so maybe if he hadn't, beyonders statement could be true

Also, in his realm he is everything there is/was/will be and it can't exist without him as he is the embodiment. To my knowledge, that makes his omniscience above the Presence in his realm.

Throw in the beyonders statements and there is no doubt that true beyonder should be at the very least "Possibly 1-A"

You misunderstand. Being claimed to be Omnipotent is meaningless. Being superior to everything in-verse doesn't make you 1-A.

Beyonder is also not Omniscient. It makes no sense for Omniscience to be tied to a place.

i just feel if The Presence is considered 1-A, then the least you can do for beyonder is Possibly 1-A since there are reasonable arguments for both sides. Also i mean Beyonder is All knowing in his realm, and omnipresent too

think of it like this. The beyond realm is like marvel but in another existence, and in that realm one entity reigns supreme, the beyonder.

I think Beyonder is High 1-B, and 1-A in Beyond-Realm. I agree with your opinion, but I feel your reasoning is poor and based on assumptions rather than feats.

sorry about my reasoning but if we have the same opinion, then lets get it changed to it.

Well, in the scan linked above, he explicitly stated that his natural state of being within the Beyond Realm has infinite dimensions, as opposed to 3 within the regular Marvel universe.

This strongly contradicts the interpretation that he is beyond time and space altogether, rather than simply beyond the time and space of the regular universe (and multiverse).

He is rated as High 1-C outside of his realm due to the statement of possessing only millions of times more energy than the entire multiverse combined. At this point in its development, Marvel had not defined the number of dimensions within their Multiverse (later on, the highest known number was set to 16), so we had to assume that it was 11 at this point, the same number of dimensions as our own.

That said, it is possible that we should strictly rate him as High 1-B, and skip the "outside of his realm" key.

My thoughts would be High 1-B normally, Possibly 1-A in his Realm. Perhaps a more thought-out discussion could be made.

Well, we have talked about this previously, and the problem is that the statement about being High 1-B within his realm was very explicit, and as such strongly contradicts all other interpretations.

What could be an issue is if we should ignore the "millions of times more powerful than the entire multiverse combined" statement, and remove the High 1-C key?

Okay. You do not consider it far too speculative with the High 1-C key?

How about a possibilty that the multiverse also has infinite dimensions just like Beyond Realm?

Maybe, although it seems very uncertain without explicit statements backing up the interpretation.

i believe we should ignore the "millions of times more powerful than the entire multiverse combined" statement, and remove the High 1-C. This is because if we are too use that statement, then we would have to use all the others too, making beyonder omnipotent, which he isnt. so i suggest just making him a high 1-B. close thread?

I personally do not mind making Beyonder and Molecule Man straight High 1-B.

Beyond Realm was called a different multiverse.

That is, the main Multiverse and the Beyond Realm are likely the objects of the same order, even if it has a large quantitative difference. It would be pretty strange if the Beyond Realm was endlessly in an infinite degree larger than the Multiverse.

but def beyonder, make him a straight High 1-B. so can we close this thread pls?

Okay. We should probably make the Beyonder straight High 1-B then.

What do you think Matthew?

^^ above somewhere he said

"My thoughts would be High 1-B normally, Possibly 1-A in his Realm. Perhaps a more thought-out discussion could be made."

weve already done the discussion bit

DarkLK makes sense. High 1-B outside his realm, 1-A within his realm seems plausible. However, if he was truly infinite dimensional, wouldn't that be contradicted by his fight with Molecule Man? On top of that, if he was infinite-dimensional, how did he interact with the other characters, including regular people? I've only read Secret Wars II once so forgive me if I'm missing something.

"On top of that, if he was infinite-dimensional, how did he interact with the other characters, including regular people."

Convenience of narrative? That's a pretty flimsy reason when it happens all the time in fiction.

I was asking a question, not saying that's why he can't be High 1-B... :(

DarkLK did not say that the Beyonder should be 1-A, just that the "millions of times above multiversal scale" statement may not demand an extra "High 1-C outside of the Beyond realm" key.

In the above linked scan, the Beyonder mentions that he created a 3D body, and compares it with his regular infinite-dimensional self.

So we have reached an agreement; He will be a straight High 1-B . Can we not get sidetracked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back