• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel: Doom additions in the wake of Part 2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. In FF Vol 1 #14, Doom's forcefield took blasts from the Mad Celestials combining their beams for 27-28 minutes: FF Vol. 1 #14.

This was rejected in an earlier CRT because @Eficiente claimed that the Mad Celestials held back out of "respect", which would be incredibly OOC for the Mad Celestials and is utterly nonsensical headcanon, especially since they're trying to get to Earth ASAP to destroy it. It is true that Doom's shields were eventually overpowered, but his forcefield's durability at max power should at minimum scale above the heavily amped Odin who got stomped by casual Celestials.

This is a High 1-B durability feat for Doom's forcefield (albeit likely with prep), and if Sue Storm's forcefields scale to the Mad Celestials for holding out for a period of time then it makes no sense for Doom's not to.

EDIT: This was actually implied to be a Doom who while being coerced (more or less) by Reed Richards brought all his best prep, so this will actually be a prep durability feat.

NOTE: All of the following are just extra prep feats, as Doom will already be/already is High 1-B with prep since Ultima's revisions have concluded.

2. In Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Comic Magazine #6, Doom with heavily implied prep-time not only tanks a blast from Uatu with little to no damage (keep in mind he was not holding the Cosmic Cube when he was blasted), but then proceeds to stagger Uatu with a blast that knocks the Cosmic Cube out of Uatu's hand and back into Doom's own hand.

This was rejected in an earlier thread for reasons I disagree with, but ByAsura said that since Doom was using a bunch of weapons and shit in a successful effort to steal Galactus' power, it's a valid prep feat.

3. Simple enough, Doom through his armor was passively absorbing the power of Franklin Richards in Heroes Reborn: The Return #4, even saying that it'd be enough to let him handle the Celestials. An extra High 1-B absorption feat.

4. This one is the most questionable, admittedly, and is moreso support than anything, but in Fantastic Four (2023) #7, a Doctor Doom who was travelling back in time countless times was able to seemingly harm two Watchers in the middle panel, and since he was traveling back in time repeatedly to see how changing certain events affected the future, he likely prepared in advance for this, so this is arguably a prep feat.

If the 4th proposal is rejected, I won't be surprised, I just thought it was worth noting.

ADDITIONAL PROPOSAL:

Since the Pre-Retcon Beyonder is now "only" High 1-B, and Doom's accepted High 1-B prep/absorption already has stuff matching if not surpassing that (like how when he absorbed the power of HoM Scarlet Witch and flat-out stated it to be superior to when he'd absorbed the pre-retcon Beyonder), I would like to propose that Doom's absorption of the Beyonder be added to his High 1-B prep stuff, thus removing his 2nd key and leaving him with just two keys. It's look like this for tiering:

5-B himself. Non-standard technology or preparation can reach up to 3-C to High 1-B | Low 1-A

Last edited:
Eeeh, I’d probably put “Planet level, up to High Hyperverse level with prepor something along those lines. I feel like this would cause sone trouble with hearld tiers

Eeeh, I’d probably put “Planet level, up to High Hyperverse level with prepor something along those lines. I feel like this would cause sone trouble with hearld tiers
Doom is already up to High 1-B with prep (he was up to 2-A but Ultima's revisions made all 2-A people High 1-B), this is all just extra justifications besides the forcefield stuff.

I repeat, the ONLY real change is that Doom's forcefields will be "5-B, up to High 1-B with forcefields", the rest is just extra High 1-B justification stuff for his prep and absorption.

I think Ultima already updated the durability as: Planet level (Inside the armor, survives attacks on this level either relatively fine or harmed while running the risk of being killed, but the armor itself is more durable. He can take blows from the Thing). Non-standard technology or preparation can reach up to Galaxy level to High Hyperverse level

I am not really against it; though, I think, the justifications can be added for High 1-B.

I am neutral on the fourth point.

I think Ultima already updated the durability as: Planet level (Inside the armor, survives attacks on this level either relatively fine or harmed while running the risk of being killed, but the armor itself is more durable. He can take blows from the Thing). Non-standard technology or preparation can reach up to Galaxy level to High Hyperverse level
Well the Celestials feat is just for Doom's forcefields, but if you think that it was a prep feat then I'm fine with that.

Actually, rereading the issue it seems implied that Doom did bring his best stuff so to be safe it was likely prep.
I am not really against it; though, I think, the justifications can be added for High 1-B.
Yee.

Fourth proposal is iffy but this seems fine otherwise.

ADDITIONAL PROPOSAL:

Since the Pre-Retcon Beyonder is now "only" High 1-B, and Doom's accepted High 1-B prep/absorption already has stuff matching if not surpassing that (like how when he absorbed the power of HoM Scarlet Witch and flat-out stated it to be superior to when he'd absorbed the pre-retcon Beyonder), I would like to propose that Doom's absorption of the Beyonder be added to his High 1-B prep stuff, thus removing his 2nd key and leaving him with just two keys. It's look like this for tiering:

5-B himself. Non-standard technology or preparation can reach up to 3-C to High 1-B | Low 1-A
Added this to the OP, what do you guys think?

ADDITIONAL PROPOSAL:

Should be good

Thanks! Now I just need one more staff approval.

Also, until further notice the 4th proposal is on hold since both admin approvals were neutral on that, which is understandable.

I suppose I have similar thoughts to Maverick for now.
Additional proposal looks fine.

Yay!

I'll add everything but the 4th proposal to the prep section (plus there's one other thing from Ultima's revisions that I need to add), so if someone could unlock his profile that would be splendid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back