• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
(Base) Ren Fuji and Edmond Dantès.

Standard Battle Assumptions, speed equalized, EFO and Enfer restricted, victory by incapacitation or death, blah blah blah.

Edmond takes this as the moment he activates his Noble Phantam, he wins as he has all the time in the world to hit Ren with whatever attack he needs to kill him

Once Edgemond doesn't get tagged by Ren on the neck he should be able to keep chipping away at Ren's Spiritual armor and eventually burn away Ren's soul.

Dantes should be able to win this. Attendre, Espérer can seriously screw Ren over, he won't be as affected by his wounds due to Determination of Steel, and will get stronger as the battle goes on thanks to the Avenger skill. Not to mention Enfer Ch├óteau d'If is a direct counter to Eine Faust Overture. Dantes is probably smarter, too.

That's all assuming he doesn't get hit in the neck, of course. He dies instantly if that happens.

Dante FRA

Plus if Ren kills him in any way except chopping his neck, Dante comes back stronger thanks to Attendre Esper

does Dantes use his NP off the bat? Ren does use his EFO off the bat in-character from what i remember but Dantes idk not voting yet just asking

In EFO tbf he speeds up at an abnormal rate so avenger may lose sight first before he realizes his neck is off but again i'm just trying to understand avenger's tactics too and does he ever let go of his ENCDF like how long it lasts?

The moment Ren speeds up Dantes uses his NP assuming he doesn't use it at the start. He is outside space-time so I dunno but immeasurable speed would let him easily kill Ren before it ends.

wait doesn't his soul attack come from his OTHER NP? Can he use two NPs at once?

Yes he can, he always fights using the black flames. In his NP while at immeasurable speed he can basically be at multiple places at once while firing the black soul burning flames.

In that case, Edmond wins due to having advantages such as being able to attack souls, thus not allowing Ren to regenerate and his NP which will end up with him dominanting their fight.

Edmond wins FRA nothing ren can do against outside space time shenneigans and since edmond does it right off the bat as well he blitzes

Edmond Dantes : 7 (TISSG7, ALRF, Gargoyle, Ramesses, Sage, Monarch, NotEvenHuman)

Ren : 0

Inconclusive : 0

You don't see a lot of Ren though so that's why :p

anyhow Grace Period.

just want to point out something well cain does rot the soul simillar to black flame but Ren noted he couldn't take too many strikes...just saying he can tolerate but again that immeasurable speed though...(not changing my vote just pointing out a few things)

Assuming he doesn't use it at start(seriously this is a match between someone who can slow down/speed up time against someone who can move faster than time?) then this is 50/50 because Ren can blitz him with EFO..

Malie 2017-07-05 22-25-49-32

Also, I'll say right now that spiritual armour caused by a magical ritual is highly likely to qualify as a magical barrier.

And MCM breaks through those.

This thread is kinda bullshit as one person is clearly have more or less the same ability but 2 degree of infinity better in every single way possible.

well...does anyone think if we restrict enfer and EFO would this be more fair? (condition Ren has relic while avenger still has the black flames also note this is a suggestion)

Ren instantly stomps via ASZ, since it was never specified which version of Ren this is :V

Jokes aside, the above points are pretty true. This match is somewhat pointless in that Avenger's big gimmick allows him to reach immeasurable speeds, while the weaker version of Ren's gimmick only lets him go FTL+ at the least. Speed equalized just flips who gets to blitz who.

On a side note, glad Edgemond got his very first match. All the actually cool servants are just off to the side collecting dust.. (more Karna threads please)

There, restricted EFO and Enfer, and specified which version of Ren this is.

hmmm its much harder as Ren has marie who can still cut Avenger's head of to permanently take out avenger if he keeps hitting avenger it would be trouble as avenger can come back stronger though i think ren would definitely go for the neck to win. But there is avenger's flames which can chip Ren out of his soul armor so that's a problem hmmm idk yet

The unfortunate downside to this is that the fight sorta gets.. really.. boring. The current conditions just switches the upper hand to Ren (equalized speed with someone that will need multiple attacks to take someone down vs someone that just needs one).

To be honest, I just don't think they were meant to fight. Speed had to be equalized, and then their trump cards had to get removed. It's just not really possible to make it fair or eventful.

Speed Unequal = Blitz

Speed Equal = Blitz

^ + Main gimmick restricted = Slap fight

I imagine it's hard to find them fights that aren't really just a blitz. Just have Edmond buy them drinks and call it a day.

On one hand yeah, fight kinda eh.

On the other hand, Danta via AP+dura advantage, range advantage, full heal+getting stronger if Ren brings him to the brink of death without actually killing him (i.e. anything except the neck chop) and MCM breaking through magical barrier of the spirit armour (which means that Ren's dura goes down damn quick)

Gil would probably pull out some anti soul burning item from GoB after SNI tells him to do it tbh. Once Edmond goes out of his NP thinking he burnt Gil's soul Gil goes enuma elish or skewers him with anti healing weapons.

Back