• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MonkeyOfLife

He/Him
VS Battles
Image Helper
  • Key used: God Linley Baruch and Avenger (Edmond Dantès)
  • Restricted: Sovereign's Might
  • Speed equalized
Fate_Edmond_Dantes_2nd_Ascension.png
Pngtreetextured_cool_creative_vs_pattern_5264852.png
Linley_Baruch_CD_Game.png

Linley Baruch: 3 gigatons with Stat Amps and Stat Reduction
Avenger (Edmond Dantès): at least 26.6 gigatons 10 gigatons or 1 gigaton

MV5BNTFkMjFmYzItZjg1Yi00ZTI0LTgzMzUtZjQ2YmNiYjgzYzJhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzgxMzc3OTc@._V1_.jpg

Votes​

Linley Baruch:
Avenger (Edmond Dantès):

Last edited:
Hopefully not a stomp... But I highly doubt that, researched the most I could. Could've been a better match up but 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
why dantes 10 gigatons?
he's upscaled from 1/3 of Paul Bunyan's feats. at least 26.6 gigatons
You sure? Might be more fair if that's the case

since Linley has stat Amp and stat reduction
  • After fusing the Essence of Earth with the Throbbing Pulse of the World, its power increased several times. His Voidwaves are three times stronger.
  • His earthen clones is, in reality, his Pulseguard Armor which is a combination of Pulseguard Defense and his Elemental Armor increasing its defensive powers by ten times.
He also has 4 clones of himself I think
Note: From the God Key, Linley has 4 True Bodies (Original, Divine Earth Clone, Divine Wind Clone, and Divine Fire Clone)

Last edited:
It's his noble phantasm so yes. However, he most likely doesn't start with it as noble phantasms are servants trump card iirc. You might be able to restrict it since it does give him island + ap but I don't know the rules well enough to say for sure.

It's his noble phantasm so yes. However, he most likely doesn't start with it as noble phantasms are servants trump card iirc. You might be able to restrict it since it does give him island + ap but I don't know the rules well enough to say for sure.
nope, it's still 6-C, not a different tier, just moves up to 6-C+, which just means it's above the mean average of the tier

Standard Tactics: He ususally opens with either his soul destroying fire or going for an immeasurable speed blitz.

This is from Dantes's page, so it seems he's one of the ones to quickly use his NP. Cu is the same way, he'll use it decently early in a fight since he can use it a handful of times without needing to recharge Mana. Generally a Servant won't use their NP right off the bat, since most of the time it does cost a lot of Mana to use, but some either don't care about that and do it anyway, or do it cause it doesn't cost them much

Standard Tactics: He ususally opens with either his soul destroying fire or going for an immeasurable speed blitz.

This is from Dantes's page, so it seems he's one of the ones to quickly use his NP. Cu is the same way, he'll use it decently early in a fight since he can use it a handful of times without needing to recharge Mana. Generally a Servant won't use their NP right off the bat, since most of the time it does cost a lot of Mana to use, but some either don't care about that and do it anyway, or do it cause it doesn't cost them much
Well if he does use it he would defeat one of his clones 🤔 it's a one time use? Or?

I mean he would just kill them all. He's immeasurable speed, they can't do anything about it, he'd be hitting them at ~80 gigatons, so even with Linley's 10x dura increase, he'd only be at 30 gigatons, so more than 2x. That also assumes he gets said amps off before Dantes blitzes. Not to also mention Dantes would be using his soul hax, which is 4D at minimum, possibly 1-A due to the Roa stuff

I mean he would just kill them all. He's immeasurable speed, they can't do anything about it, he'd be hitting them at ~80 gigatons, so even with Linley's 10x dura increase, he'd only be at 30 gigatons, so more than 2x. That also assumes he gets said amps off before Dantes blitzes. Not to also mention Dantes would be using his soul hax, which is 4D at minimum, possibly 1-A due to the Roa stuff
Well this would half Dantes stats
Power Suppression (Via Baleful Aura and Terror Aura can suppress half of the enemy power if they are at his level of power, if they are weaker the suppression rise)

Would giving Linley prior knowledge make it more fair?

" if they are at his level of power" seems to imply Dantes would need to be comparable to him for it to work, but he's nearly 10x stronger at base

Even assuming it works, he's still stronger, and the soul hax would still yeet.

Idk what prior knowledge would do, considering Dantes would still be starting with Enfer Château d'If. Also Linley having clones might be worse for him, considering another of Dantes's NPs, Monte Cristo Mythologie
It is continuously active, but by releasing its True Name, he can cause all the pent-up grudges around him to come up, causing opponents to fight amongst themselves as they're suddenly assailed by distrust.
So Linley would also possibly be fighting with his clones as well

" if they are at his level of power" seems to imply Dantes would need to be comparable to him for it to work, but he's nearly 10x stronger at base

Even assuming it works, he's still stronger, and the soul hax would still yeet.

Idk what prior knowledge would do, considering Dantes would still be starting with Enfer Château d'If. Also Linley having clones might be worse for him, considering another of Dantes's NPs, Monte Cristo Mythologie

So Linley would also possibly be fighting with his clones as well
Would this do anything to resist Dante's speed?
Distance Manipulation (Via Profound Mystery of Worldwalking can reduce the distance between two spaces)
Also Linley having clones might be worse for him, considering another of Dantes's NPs, Monte Cristo Mythologie
It's not clones... I think it's like 4 types of true body's 🤔 so like spirt form? Or something? 😅

• Has four true bodies after he becomes a Demigod as he used the power of the Universe to split his soul in two creating another him. All four are him and can act differently without affecting each other. He can't recreate one of them if they are destroyed permanently. They can also inhabit the same body as the other will hide within the Divine Spark.
  • His soul is not only protected by the Coiling Dragon and his own Spiritual Energy but also by the three droplets of Water Essence.

Would this do anything to resist Dante's speed?
Distance Manipulation (Via Profound Mystery of Worldwalking can reduce the distance between two spaces)
i don't see how this would help at all, it doesn't even do anything with speed, he just uses spatial manip to make 2 places closer together or whatever

Clones or not doesn't change the fact that it would still work. And again, it likely wouldn't matter, cause he just would blitz and bombard them with attacks and soul hax before they can do much

Why?

How would Dante know Linley has 4 other true bodies?
Why wouldn't it work? He's making his opponents turn on each other via distrust with his NP, and there's multiple people he's fighting, even if they're all from the same guy, it even says they will act differently from him

Even if they're not out, why would this protect them? He'll just soul hax him and destroy his soul

Has four true bodies after he becomes a Demigod as he used the power of the Universe to split his soul in two creating another him. All four are him and can act differently without affecting each other. He can't recreate one of them if they are destroyed permanently. They can also inhabit the same body as the other will hide within the Divine Spark.
So either they hide in 1 body and all get soul haxed, or they're in the area and get soul haxed individually

I'll see what others think... And see if Linley can do anything

Actually wouldn't reality manipulation do anything?

Spatial Folding: His swords slashes pass through reality increasing its speed, causing the space to become distorted and it will begin to fold and distort.

that's just dura neg it looks like

I mean it would if he hit Dantes with it, but like, again, Dantes will just start with immeasurable speed blitz and 4D, possibly 1-A soul hax

that's just dura neg it looks like

I mean it would if he hit Dantes with it, but like, again, Dantes will just start with immeasurable speed blitz and 4D, possibly 1-A soul hax
Would not restricting this be a stomp or make it fair?
Notes:
Linley also has Bebe with him on all his Keys excluding Sovereign ones as they have been together in any fight from the beginning of the novel till the end. Bebe is his magical beast. While Linley can fight without his companion with no problem if it's not restricted it will be present.

This is the reason of why there don't are matches with Dantes, it's to stupidly broken, aside from the immesurable speed he have the soul, concept and info manip 1-A since he can kill the soul of Roa, the moment he use his NP is basically a insta win, the only chance Linley can have is if he instantaneously kill Dantes before this could use his NP, which is realistically impossible.

The better is change it for other character, maybe Nero would be more fair? It's the first one that come to my mind and I think would be better against him.

I still don't see how he can know that Linley has multiple souls since they are in different realms or dimensions I think

I guess souls that are far away in other dimensions are useless, because the soul in nasu has a 4D structure which makes it bigger than the 3D world, and also a servant is able to attack a soul that is far from the body

Till this day I firmly believe all Servant's and Nasuverse characters having 1-A souls is wank and one of these days I'm going to make a thread about it once I have the time. Literally insinuates that Servant souls are comparable to the Root, which definitely isn't the case given that they needed a fraction of the power to avoid getting stomped by BB.

It'll also likely be a weeks to a few months before I make the CRT since I need to gather a bunch of information so I don't wanna see comments like "mAkE a CrT reeee!"

Anyway Dantes doesn't utilize his NP right from the start of the match, little to no Servant's actually do so dealing with him before he uses it is definitely within the realms of possibility.

Back