• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removal of "Multiple Personalities" as a Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this is type 1.
Or in extra case we can make it both type 1 and 2 I guess.
Although I think we should prepare different characters examples of different types.

For type 1 I can nominate Toko Fukawa since she's the one of blatant example of this ability type.
he has both 1 and 2 under the specificationd. (He has a billion souls and different Conciusness(, so having multiple categories seems to be possible like any other power like having several types of Inmortality.

It should count as long as you're sharing the same body I believe. So Type 1 and Type 2

Keep in mind this isn't complete or well thought-out because you have to consider those like Doc from RvB, who is possessed by an AI and later develops a split personality despite the AI already being long gone, or those like Malus, who has a demon or something in his body but still has full control, only occasionally giving the reins or V from Cyberpunk who has Keanu Reeves in their head, and gives them control every now and then, and talks to them, which is also an AI.
Thanks

Bumping again because, well, need this resolved so I can post a planned CRT.
I think everyone has agreed with Naitodesu's suggestion, more or less, maybe some minor tweaking or clarification would be needed for some minor details on various types but still. Is anyone here capable of implementing the changes?

Multiple Selves:
  • Multiple Minds (Type 1) - Generally describes those who has one or more personas or personalities co-inhabiting their mind (Kenshin Himura from Rurouni Kenshin, Deadpool)
  • Multiple Souls (Type 2) - Generally describes those who have one or more spirits or soul co-inhabiting their body. Those who are possessed by one or multiple spiritual beings would fall under this category (Legion from the Bible, etc.)
  • Multiple Organisms (Type 3) - Generally describes those who have one or more organisms co-inhabiting their body (Edward Brock & Venom, Shinichi Izumi and Migi from Parasyte)
Not strictly something like this, but since Immortality has gotten so many types, I think the idea of multiple selves should get its own page too
I agree with this

Multiple Selves:
  • Multiple Minds (Type 1) - Generally describes those who has one or more personas or personalities co-inhabiting their mind (Kenshin Himura from Rurouni Kenshin, Deadpool)
  • Multiple Souls (Type 2) - Generally describes those who have one or more spirits or soul co-inhabiting their body. Those who are possessed by one or multiple spiritual beings would fall under this category (Legion from the Bible, etc.)
  • Multiple Organisms (Type 3) - Generally describes those who have one or more organisms co-inhabiting their body (Edward Brock & Venom, Shinichi Izumi and Migi from Parasyte)
Not strictly something like this, but since Immortality has gotten so many types, I think the idea of multiple selves should get its own page too
This is a very good option and improvement, I support this.

@Antvasima @AKM sama @DarkDragonMedeus @Damage3245 @Mr._Bambu @Starter_Pack What do you think of this?

As someone who introduced the idea, I obviously agree with Naitodesu's descriptions.
If this gets applied, will there be a thread about editing characters with Multiple Personalities, or is it up to the supporters of the verses?

Probably the former, I can open it, and people can help as well with the editing, there aren't too many characters with this power.

When we are unsure on the type of power to apply, we can call in supporters and get clarifications.

I do not mind the suggested revision for the page, although as others have said, the title of this page does get a bit too close to real life, so I hope that we will not offend any sufferers from the condition or get Fandom mad at us.

Can agree.
This is most close to context of ability meaning and not directly referencing to the real disease.

The name of the page would become Multiple Selves, which keeps the meaning but isn't called as a real life disease.
That works for me, but lots of pages would need to get their links updated.

Yes, we also have to add the respective types of the power to each character.

However, there isn't an enormous amount of profiles with this power, it can be handled overtime by me and everyone who wants to help.

I was also planning to open a thread where ask and call for supporters if we are unsure of which type a character should have, as it's not always obvious.

I don't know if I'm allowed to, but I made a special thread where people can help with finding characters with multiple selves and if capable to, help with type of multiple selves.

Correct me if I choosed wrong place for thread.

I don't know if I'm allowed to, but I made a special thread where people can help with finding characters with multiple selves and if capable to, help with type of multiple selves.

Correct me if I choosed wrong place for thread.
No problem. It is probably fine. Likely not necessary though.

Well, we can easily find all of the other pages that link to the Multiple Personalities page via an automatic function.

The thread can be useful to get the attention of the supporters of certain verses where the application of the Types of Multiple Selves can be confusing (like different definitions/terminologies or overlapping Types), IMO.

Bump.

How is this project progressing so far?

This category also needs to be updated, but that is comparatively easily done with the MassCategorisation program.

Bump.

How is this project progressing so far?
This is the new thread where we are working on. Personally, I stopped editing because I'm handling my Street Fighter stuff, but basically supporters from several verses and characters should explain how some multiple personalities works on some profiles, so we can decided if it has to be removed or kept (and which type for the latter).

I UTTERLY disagree.

If a power targets one personality, the other can be unaffected.
Or that second personality that might be bloodlusted can give the character an edge.

I UTTERLY disagree.

If a power targets one personality, the other can be unaffected.
Or that second personality that might be bloodlusted can give the character an edge.
Calm down, it became more of a readjustement on its criteria and name, the power is staying in the end.

Calm down, it became more of a readjustement on its criteria and name, the power is staying in the end.
Not really characters like kaneki who possess split personalities are ineligible for the multiple selves

Not really characters like kaneki who possess split personalities are ineligible for the multiple selves
Yes, users are changing, but the power itself is saying for the purposes of staying, just with a somewhat different criteria to qualify, as said before.

Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back