• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Relooking at Mario's stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you on that one. I prefer using the feat prior where we see the star just straight up fly there.
Oof, the thought the Star falling to Earth was scalable to the characters because that’s what the profiles imply

Do we know where the Millennium Star actually was before it flew to the center of the universe at the start of the cutscene? Because if not I don’t think the distance it traveled can be determined, and the feat would be unquantifiable.

@DatOneWeeb I'm not going to bother responding to you unless again, you either

1. Show a cutscene were we see Bowser Jr. creating these realms.
2. Show an actual statement that says he created those realms.

You know, evidence that the feat you claim occurred really did. I'm sorry but you don't get to just claim something happened and then not prove it did. I can't say that Saitama destroyed a galaxy and then refuse to show evidence. "There is paint near the levels" is not an actual argument. And "the portals to the bonus levels look different" is not either. All that implies is that Bowser Jr made different looking portals. "But why would Bowser Jr. make different looking portals! That doesn't make sense!" Okay and why would Bowser Jr. create entire solar systems from scratch? Also again, are you trying to say that Bowser Jr. didn't create the portals that lead to the bonus worlds? If those portals already existed, then that kinda means the worlds also existed prior, or else what were these portals leading to? And if you say that Bowser Jr. created both the portals and the bonus worlds, then you admit my point that Bowser Jr. can create different looking portals.

But again, I do not need to prove that Bowser Jr. didn't create these worlds. You need to prove he did. Either through a cutscene or an actual statement. If you reply with anything other than showing me one of those two things, I am simply not responding and will remove the feat from the page. Every single staff member including our top Mario supporter has agreed to removing the feat. So if you cannot actually provide evidence for the feat, then there is no reason why it should stay up.

Last edited:
I agree with Dino. Even during the initial upgrade, he agrees with 4-A being solid, but he mentions we should only stick to accepted justifications. I definitely agree DOW makes some good points; the magic properties of the paint are indeed capable of compressing object like some kind of hammer space. Such as various statues, Trees, Towers, and a Hotel all being sealed underground via paint burry. And the Secret worlds are described as alternate worlds or dimensions, Shadow Mario was the one who made that Cave into a portal to said dimension, and all Secret Worlds are challenges he set up for Mario given the scene of him stealing Fludd. So it is possible that he may have created them, but the info seems fishy and there could be a lot of coincidences.

Also, there are definitely plenty of examples to justify the Tier 4 and Massively FTL+ stuff outside the galaxy games. The Kamek's constellation feat is something that comes from Kamek. So Kamek has High 4-C magic that he can control for combat stuff. Magic can be controlled much like Ki, so Magic Bolts are Tier 4 which the Mario cast can tank regularly. So it scales to their durability, and they trade blows with others so it scales to AP. And the Baby Bowser creating the 6 parallel dimensions called Pages is also legit. The Island vanished, and all of the residents got warped into those worlds in a plink of an eye. Also, Bowser can regular perform U-Turns regularly whole on Clown Car, so it would be for reactions as well. He also reacted to Star Bits, which regularly fly at intergalactic distances. There's also Squirps with his borderline Massively FTL+ flight and attack speed, Bro Bot created a starry sky dimension, Millennial Star also has borderline speed feats too, and Dreamy Luigi also has his own High 4-C and Massively FTL+ feats. He pulled a Pre-Crises Superman as he blows star constellations away with his sneezes on a regular basis in that game.

1. Show a cutscene were we see Bowser Jr. creating these realms.
2. Show an actual statement that says he created those realms.
Occam's razor, sir.

You know, evidence that the feat you claim occurred really did. I'm sorry but you don't get to just claim something happened and then not prove it did. I can't say that Saitama destroyed a galaxy and then not show anyone proof that he did.
Okay, Ryu, what the **** is this example? That's not even close to a good comparison. The difference between that example is Saitama has nothing to suggests he can destroy a galaxy, Junior has multiple things to suggests he created the secret levels.

"There is paint near the levels" is not an actual argument. And "the portals to the bonus levels look different" is not either. All that implies is that Bowser Jr made different looking portals. "But why would Bowser Jr. make different looking portals! That doesn't make sense!" Okay and why would Bowser Jr. create entire solar systems from scratch?
Paint near the levels is an argument. The entire point of the game is to get rid of the paint, with the paint being the main obstacle for various things. It's used to say, yeah, Junior made this via his magic paintbrush aka paint. Junior creates secret levels to take FLUDD and to make it harder for Mario the collect Shine Sprites. Much like Bowser creating worlds in 64. Plus Junior can very much just make these levels in a very short timeframe.

Also again, are you trying to say that Bowser Jr. didn't create the portals that lead to the bonus worlds? If those portals already existed, then that kinda means the worlds also existed prior, or else what were these portals leading to? And if you say that Bowser Jr. created both the portals and the bonus worlds, then you admit my point that Bowser Jr. can create different looking portals.
Ryu. I-... what? I said these "portals" weren't even a thing prior.
So the cave was very much normal before Shadow Mario came.
Why is this being brought up? That's not even me saying Junior can create different portals, stop putting words in my mouth.

Also I love how you just ignore the other points, because why not? So Ryu, where's the response on the arguments that the backgrounds of said secret levels having something Junior was associated with? Or maybe tell me why Junior would just take Mario to space? Because these secret level don't take in space, unless you're suggesting Junior took Mario to an empty space where NES Mario's are in the background, wanna explain that part to me?

Why did you just choose to ignore these parts?

Every single staff member including our top Mario supporter has agreed to removing the feat.
Man I wish that's how it worked for me last time, I guess support is now a sudden argument. Sorry Ryu, unless you actually respond to every point instead of just a few, it's not justified. Because I'm still scratching my head on "Hmm, Junior made specific portals for these and only these levels. Oh, why would he make different ones that work differently? Who knows, it's unimportant, he just took him to space. Why do the backgrounds not resemble Mario's space? Who knows, unimportant. Why are some of them related to Junior? Who knows, unimportant".

You claim that Bowser Jr. created entire solar systems. I asked for you to show me the scene where he does this, or a statement that says he did this. Yet you treat this as some unreasonable expectation, which shows how weak this claim really is. If you cannot show me the feat happening, or show me anywhere it's stated the feat happened, then the feat simply didn't happen.

"There's paint near the worlds!" Okay. Paint being near the worlds does not prove that Bowser Jr. created those entire worlds from scratch. "The portals to these worlds are different than the other!" Again, doesn't automatically mean he created the worlds these different portals go to, rather just created the portals themselves.

Also you emphasizing the "painted like backgrounds" or "NES Mario backgrounds" only hurts the claim that the stars in the background are actually real solar systems, as these bonus worlds clearly do not adhere to the laws of physics or are comparable to real life cosmology. And the game developers clearly did not think about the scientific accuracy of the simple background designs they made. And the direct admission that "these secret level don't take in space" is especially damning if you want to claim these worlds are actually pockets of space with real stars.

And you ignored all my arguments about how flawed your "chunks of paint" point was. But either way I do not need to address every last point of yours when you adamantly refuse to provide even the most fundamental evidence for your base claim to begin with. Until you can do that, any further discussion of ours is pointless conjecture. Show me the feat happening or a statement telling us it happened.

Yes decisions on this site have always been based on what the majority of the staff agrees upon. Since there has been a unanimous agreement among the staff, and you refuse to provide evidence that this feat occurred, I have now removed it. Of course Mario's overall tier still remains the same, but this feat is no longer being used to justify it.

PS: In the season 2 opening of One Punch Man, Saitama destroys a bunch of monsters, then a star and then lunges towards a galaxy while winding up a punch. As stupid as 3-C Saitama is, there actually is more to support it than there is to support your claim.

Last edited:
I know I've said this a few times before and I'm sorry about that. But this truly is the final time I am discussing this feat for now. I have now removed it as is the standard protocol when every staff member agrees and the opposition refuses to provide substantial evidence.

If someone can actually show evidence of this feat and/or convince the majority of the staff against my decision as opposed to the current unanimity, I will gladly and immediately add the feat back. As I have conceded on countless decisions in the past. Because the accuracy of the profiles and respecting the majority decision are my top priorities. But for now, I removed the feats.

I think the thread should now move towards discussing the other feats mentioned.

Well remember, King Boo is the master of illusions so who’s really to say those realms are real.

It’s like was Ryu said “the game developers clearly did not think about the scientific accuracy of the simple background designs they made. And the direct admission that "these secret level don't take in space" is especially damning if you want to claim these worlds are actually pockets of space with real stars.”

King Boo is definitely legit, as the objects he creates are physical. He's probably the master of illusion cause he tricks people a lot.

Well why would he go through the trouble of creating those realms when you are only in them for a brief period, and who's to say that the stars in those realms are even real?

They might as well be just some green screen effect or something

He created treasure for no reason at all that Luigi/Egad use to buy a house. Treasure Luigi doesn’t collect disappears along with the mansion.

I believe there need to be evidence King Boo didn’t create the stars, as visual representation shows that he did.

I recall multiple discussions regarding the King Boo example; the mini games where Luigi has a short time to collect those things seemed iffy examples. But people were divided about "King Boo's Illusion," being a solid example. Originally he defended it, but decided later on he wasn't sure. But yes, just because they created solid potteries meant to be thrown at the bosses aren't proof of back ground changes being real. It's the reason why Zant's High 4-C feat is getting axed from the Zelda scaling.

But I'd wait for Dino to give thoughts; but I agree that people really haven't been following the rules about the content revisions. Both the whole one content revision per verse, and avoid making revisions that are either too big and/or too controversial until most of the staff can adapt more fluidly.

But yes, just because they created solid potteries meant to be thrown at the bosses aren't proof of back ground changes being real.
But what about the money (that had no reason to exist) that stays around to be used to buy a house and the money that disappears with the mansion if Luigi doesn’t collect them?

Oh, no, the Shadow Mario feat is not dealt with. Because the amount of issues in that response is downright ridiculous.

No, I genuiley do not care what others think right now, this is such an issue because my arguments are never adressed by Ryu. Either he dodges them or puts words in my mouth.

Yah the NES Mario background argument was never address alongside others
Seems unfair imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back