• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reincarnation Wars: The Final Chapter Pt. 1

The Stranger was still a bit....angry. He growled at the person who slowed him down, almost like a rabid animal. He wasn't in the zoo, but at this point, he could very well be.

"SHUT UP!"

He's onto me.

"Well, i got some questions. First off, what is this "group" and "Emissary" stuff you talked about? Also, are we actually travelling back in time?"

I almost blush but then get serious when I hear about how Kura was feeling.

"Okay, thank you!"

I now to show my thanks before leaving the house and the room before heading to the room in the hallway they described and trying to open it.

"Get back here, you.....sly sunuva....." He tried hard not to fall asleep. A bit too hard. "Come on! Stay up!"

The Stranger was screaming loudly. Was this trying to put him asleep? What was this person doing? "NO, NO, NO, NO! Stay up, me!"

Taking advantage of the alteration of the first bot's disturbed stance, I step onto its knee then shoulder like stairs, moving out of the encirclement, intercepting the bot in the air and kicking the first away in the process. I attempt a movement similar to the one that created the phantom slashes, but adjust my weight and grip for a faster strike, to try to get a feeling for its mechanics and limitations.

I go back outside Kamui one second after I left, with 1000,000 seconds having passed inside.

[holy shit that's 11 days]

I feel quite a bit stronger.

"Come on, come on, come on, somebody, help me!" He shouted, getting very annoyed about falling asleep. What if he misses out?

[@Blah]

You produce 3 normal phantom slashes this time. The mid air bot deflects the three phantom strikes with three of its own normal parries, but rather than deflect the normal slash it maneuvers itself mid-air to intentionally impale itself on your sword. It then attempts to place you into a bear hug grapple.

[@Crimson]

"Ah! Sorry... I know I'm dropping a lot on you at once without much proper explanation... I'll try to explain everything the best I can. But no, we aren't going back in time. I'm speaking to you from the future remember? The 'me' you see right now is just a fragment of my own conciousness."

[The next bit will be mostly a refresher on the Emissary and some of the earlier events in the RP. If you remember all of that then feel free to skip it unless you just want a summarized retelling.]

"The Emissary is one of the aspects of the Old First, the very creator of this world, or rather, all worlds in existence. The other aspect beside the Emissary is known as the Supreme Darkness. They two represent his creative side and destructive side respectively.

The Old First split himself into two, because he was growing stagnant. Getting tired of his own pointless existence of endless creation and destruction. To facilitate change, he split himself into two aspects. The Emissary and Supreme Darkness exist to fight each other for purpose of determining the fate of all that exists. In the event the Emissary dies and the Darkness wins, the Old First would destroy all of reality and leave nothing behind. If the Emissary were to win and annihilate the Darkness, the Old First would give in to his creative side, and create perfect realities, free of pain and strife.

Our group followed the Emissary and fought against the Supreme Darkness. We traveled to multiple universes, reclaiming lost souls and becoming stronger. However, eventually I lost faith that the reality the Emissary desired to create was really what was best for all existence. This doubt is what led me to making the mistake that the 'me' in your present time is about to make."

[@Overlord. There's an Andy++ sized wall of text and I am actually sorry.]

As you look at the book, it opens automatically in your hands. Upon looking at the pages, a surge of information is transmitted directly into you, coalescing as a dreamlike vision. Soon, it starts to no longer feel like a dream.

Soon, it starts to feel natural to you. Soon, it starts to feel like reality. It is reality. Jake is nothing but a dream.

"Hey! Kuro! Are you alright?" a girl's voice calls.

You open your eyes, finding yourself lying on the ground. A young girl with white hair is looking down at you with a worried look on her face.

"I'm sure he's fine, Shiro. It was just a slight blow from training, nothing too serious."

Another young girl walks up beside the second one. She has a rather unsympathetic expression, matching her callous tone of speech.

"But it wasn't just a light hit, Kura! Shira hit him really hard on the head! He even stopped moving for a little bit!"

Shiro points towards a boy standing a bit further back with messy red hair. He's holding a wooden sword. He begins to walk over.

"Huh, wait this is my fault now? Look, he totally could've blocked that if he wasn't busy dozing off. Besides he was only unconscious for like a second at best."

"Of course it was your fault! You're the one that hit him! And it was twenty seconds. I counted."

"Yeah, yeah. Hey, you alright Kuro?"

Shira offers his hand to help you up. You take it.

"I-I'm fine." you say.

"Look, you gotta be more careful when we're sparring. If this were a real fight and me or Kura weren't around, you'd probably be dead from an attack like that. Even Shiro knows how to defend with a sword properly."

"I know, it's just... A sword is such a dangerous weapon. I don't wanna hurt you accidentally... I don't wanna hurt any of you, or anyone."

Shira sighs. Shiro looks sympathetic. Kura's expression doesn't change.

"Well the enemies we're fighting won't give a rip about hurting or killing you. If you want to protect us so badly, focus on getting stronger so you can do it on the battlefield where it actually matters. And what, do you expect to just fight weaponless?" (Shira)

"H-Hey, isn't that a bit mean, Shira?" (Shiro)

"Shira's words may be cold, but they're the undeniable truth. If Kuro can't hold his own on the battlefield, we'll be the ones stuck protecting him instead. If we need to put ourselves at risk simply by bringing him along, then we're better off just leaving him behind." (Kura)

"Kura..." (Shiro)

"H-Hey..." (Shira)

"It's okay, Kura's right... I'll do what I can to become stronger. If we all have to receive a few scrapes and bruises, It'll be worth it if it helps us all survive in the long run."

"That's the spirit! Besides, a few cuts and bruises never hurt anyone." (Shira)

"You'd sure know a thing or two about cuts and bruises, Mr. Butt Scars." (Shiro)

"Shutup it's on my lower back. Anyway, we all need to keep training if we ever want to catch up to Guré. The guy can take us all on without breaking a sweat. C'mon, lets get going." (Shira)

Years go by and you grow older. You fight countless waves of Darkness alongside your companions and win numerous battles. You learn unarmed martial arts from one of the worlds you save. You experience your first love, the instructor's daughter. You fight countless more battles under the command of Guré.

While on a solo mission to a peaceful universe you find yourself sitting on a hill next to a river. You hear someone approaching you from behind.

"Hey there tough guy. I see you're still one to appreciate the scenic view."

The familiar voice catches you off guard. You stand up and meet his gaze. You hadn't expected to see the man you've always respected and admired as an older brother for quite some time.

"Guré? Why are you here, did something happen? Am I needed elsewhere?" You ask.

"Nah, settle down. I just caught a break, so I came to check up on you. After all, I'm the one that proposed you for this scouting mission because I know how much you hate fighting. Despite being freaking amazing at it." (Guré)

"A few of the mortals in this universe and some others do possess a curious hidden aptitude involving soul procurement, but I've yet to see any implication that any of them hold a single soul from outside of their own multiverse. Can we really be certain such beings exist? After all, even Master wasn't entirely sure that-"

Guré cuts you off.

"AAAHHHH I didn't come here to talk about the mission or any of that critical stuff. I came to talk to you. I want to know all about the things Kuro's been up to during his travels. What kind of sights did he see? What kind of foods has he eaten? What kind of people did he meet?"

You smile. Guré always did know how to help you relax. You tell him about the many exotic beasts you've faced and the interesting techniques you've observed being used by the mortals. You tell him how you've observed countless unique biomes, and eaten so many different kinds of meat that you're even considering becoming a vegetarian.

"Annd? How's the wife?" He asks.

"Haha! I'm surprised you even remembered the marriage custom. She's doing well and her universe is still safe. She's been living a simple life as a doctor and sometimes her stories are even crazier than mine. She wants us to have kids soon."

"I'm glad you managed to find a woman that can handle a romantic idealist such as you." (Guré)

"And what about you? Have you found someone able enough to capture a heart half as rebellious as your own?"

"Nah. The romantic life's not for me to begin with, but I'll probably never fall in love with a mortal like you have. I mean they don't exactly live forever, and it seems like even the tiniest thing can put their entire worlds in peril." (Guré)

"Julia's taught me that loss is something mortals naturally learn to cope with. And I'll always be there to protect her."

"And I know you will." he reassures you.

"As for me, the four of you are more than enough of a family to me. I often think it would be nice, you know? Me, you, Kura, Shira, Shiro. We could all live in a house by a river like this one. Maybe plant an apple tree right here on top of this hill. It'd be great." (Guré)

"And you're calling me the romantic."

"Can it." (Guré)

The two of you sit there a moment. Taking in the pleasant scenery.

"Maybe I am Kuro... Maybe I am."

Everything fades to white.

Jake the dragon, that is to say, you, the real you, regains consciousness. You've reverted to your natural dragon form and are lying in a curled up ball on the ground.

[You're able to remember a good 100 year chunk of Kuro's earliest memories as if they were your own. They haven't affected your own sense of self in any unnatural way, and it's still easy to distinguish between his memories and yours. The memories are as impermanent as normal ones and can be forgotten naturally over time in the same way. While you can recall the methodology behind some of his skills and techniques, you're unable to put them to use without the same practical training and experience.]

[@Dragon]

As you burst through the door, the scenery you see is hardly a fitting for something with the name "relaxation room". The door opens onto a large balcony which pokes into outer space. Gigantic moving platforms can be seen floating far and wide. On top of one of these platforms in the distance, you can see both Kura and Kuro. It looks as if they're having a conversation about something, but they're too far away to hear even with enhanced senses.

[Holy F, Word counter says this is all over 1700 words. And with that Monstrosity, I'm going to sleep.]

As expected, I'm no tused to this style yet. I let go of my rapier and rotate my body in mid-air, and grab the bot before it can wrap its arms around me. Using a mix of a judo hip throw and Kyokushin Kaikin, I break its "stance" (if a mid air bear hug can be called that) and attempt to throw it over my shoulder into the first bot that I kicked over before.

If that succeeds I'll produce another rapier and skewer the two of them with a combination of the phantom blade technique and L3SP

As the Ball keeps giving a info dump, a question keeps growing on my head.

"...Why me? Why was i the one you choose for this? My only memories before coming here was dying to some assholes with super powers and the things i did before that. As far as i know, there is no reason for me to be doing this. So i ask, why, of all great warriors that exist in this Multiverse, did you choose me?"

I know it's a cliche thing to ask, but this isn't denial, this is pure confusion. Why was i choosen? I don't get it. Argh, there are so many questions in my head...

I think to myself while walking to where The Stranger is.

"Why are all of my past souls robots? Do robots even have souls?"

I turn my hand into a wooden sculpture of a squrrel, then a glass sculpture of a flower, then into a brass sculpture of a butterfly, then back into my adamantium hand.

"Well, I hope the Roomba is safe back at home, since it probably has a soul at this point."

I walk through a door to the room where Stranger is.

The Stranger, if you can even call him that anymore without thinking of a creature, was still screaming and making noises, like static. All the while sitting down and holding his head in his hands, bobbing it back and forth.

He looked over at The, teeth like razors and a tounge that looked oddly familiar to Venom. Short answer?

He was not.

"Anything you need? Some hot coco?"

I turn my hand into a hot chocolate machine.

"Wait, I can't replicate hot chocolate. Crud."

I begin yelling "HEY! DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF WE HAVE A HOT CHOCOLATE MACHINE?"

I wake up.

I look around and notice that i've returned back in the form i was before this whole things started.

To be honest, at the time i wasn't quite sentient, so i don't have much memories of that life. That's why i let Yharon do the talking most of the time, since he, unlike me, does have a past to share.

But anyway, it seems i've experienced the memories of Kuro, which considering the name of the room it's not supprising, and i've got a lot of them.

This allows me to access Kuro's combact experience and learn his fighting tecniques, but it also makes me have the memories of every time he got kinky with his wife. This would normally make someone feel uncomfortable, but we're all dragons here s-

Wait. Dragon Shyrou is a human. Poor guy, he lost his virginity without even actually doing the action.

I decide to ramain in the form of a komodo dragon and since i don't se much else to do here i go back to the main room, while thinking about the memories is guest got and tring to puzzle togheter the situation.

I check where the stairway behind the wall of the fireplace leads to.

"Alright. I'll try and build a hot coco machine out of stuff from the house, because some hot coco actually sounds really good right now."

[@Crimson]

It pauses a moment before responding.

"To be honest, I didn't really have any reason for choosing you in particular. There wasn't much time to look over all the options before making a decision. But... The reason you stood out to me above the rest was because... I sensed that you were a kind person. The type of person willing to risk themselves to protect the people they cared about. I'm the same way.

We're... almost there."

[@Overlord]

The stairway leads to a medium sized bedroom. The room is well furnished with a queen sized bed, but you're unable to see much else due to being komodo sized.

[@Blah]

As you attempt your throw, you notice that the bot you kicked off of has already returned upright. It leaps up after you, slashing the thrown bot to pieces with three strikes. Nine phantom slashes follow. At the same time, the bot that remained back finally begins to move. It leaps directly above you and delivers its own ten slashes in a coordinated attempt with the first bot's to seal off all exits. The remaining two circle around you to opposite sides.

[@Dragon]

Flying works perfectly fine.

As you approach, you're able to hear a little bit of Kuro's last sentence because of your enhanced hearing:

"-ee that he may possibly still be alive."

They continue to stare out into space despite your arrival. It's almost as if they're ignoring you.

Then, the clown heard something that nobody else could unless they had really good hearing. A deep toned laugh, sounding a bit maniacal and evil. "I know that laugh. Show yourself!" He shouted out in the room.

It seems Kuro is not home, i should go check if the others had better luck.

I then descent the stairs and return to the hallway.

I then head inside Kura's room.

Surprised by that response, i smile.

"Well, about the group and the shards of the Emissary... who are you on it? Can you give a description, so i at least know who to look for?"

"WELL, WELL WELL. IF IT ISN'T MY OLD FRIEND, BILL GILBERT." A voice said, only visible to those who can see ghosts.

"You again." The Stranger said, very much mad.

Seeing the two bots move, I calm my mind down. I've been too eexcited by the new techniques I need to focus harder. My mind slows down, and thoughts cease, I feel each blade coming towards me, my eyes focus on a precise path. The possible actions I can take narrow down. The possible retaliations of my opponent all cease. Endless possibilities converge, until nothing remains. A predetermined path, all will is Nothingness before the Empyrean Eye.

Extending my leg out I kick the hand of the bot coming up behind me, to leap off of it, and move to strike towards the original, the single strike I perform will create two phantoms, each will deflect one of the opponent's phantom blades into his others. The strikes will slightly divert their course off target, narrowly missing me as my original strike pierces the opponent's body.

This is the future, I'm certain will happen.

I sit down and start observing the universe with my clairvoyance.

I decide it's about time I tried something, and I combine my own knowledge of the laws of physics, souls and magic to begin using the ability of my Sharingan to predict people's next movements based on their current movements to predict the next position of all matter, souls and magic in the universe based on their current motions.

I can now see the position of the universe 5 seconds ahead of the current time. In order to see any more, I'll need to wait until my my mental capacity expands more

"You must be trying to mess with me again! Hahaha! I figured out your trick, Mr. Jelly! Hehehe!" He started rubbing his head, fluffing and messing up his hair-do.

Back