• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reincarnation Wars: The Final Chapter Pt. 1

[@Monarch]

You notice Realm's demons drifting about within a few 100km radius around the base. More continue to spawn from several miasmas in deep space.

[@Overlord (copying my description from before since Blah/Dragon already entered)]

The door opens. Through it, you see green grass and a blue sky. The door seems to be located on top of a hill, at the foot of which is a beautiful looking house of moderate size. A river flows to the left side of the house and past the hill. An apple tree sits to your left at the top of the hill. To the right is a large field of green grass, which cuts into a forest after about a Kilometer. The forest extends into the horizon.

In front of the house, you see what appears to be a hologram of Blane fighting a bunch of robots.

[@Blah]

The phantom slashes get redirected. You've pierced the bot in front of you, but it isn't destroyed. The two encircling bots continue to press forward. Still charging, one of them speaks up.

""ANALYSIS: UNKNOWN SWORD TECHNIQUE OBSERVED. UPDATING COMBAT DATA: NEW TECHNIQUE INSTALLED. SUPPLEMENTING COMBAT MEMORY. CHALLENGER: GUEST DISPLAYS FATE ALTERING CAPABILITIES. INSTALLING COMBAT MEMORY: FATE PROTECTION, FATE DEFIANCE. INSTALLED."

[@Dragon]

They both turn around. It doesn't seem like they're at all bothered by your arrival. At least, aside from Kura's eye slightly twitching upon your mention of ghosts.

"Ah, Silas. I take it you've found time to recover from our last mission?"

Kuro responds.

[@Crimson]

"O-okay. Now's as good a time as any to tell you. Remember, my name is [Telling only Crimson on Discord for the sake of dramatic tension.]."

"And... this is what I look like."

It hesitates a bit before flying into your chest. From inside, it shows you a vision of its current appearance.

I think I've gotten a good handle on this new style of swordsmanship, time to mix it up.

I adjust my stance slightly, trying ot keep the basic abstract principles of this rapier technique but optimizing it further for katana usage. The rapier in my hand is replaced with a katana and I swing it up through the torso and then head of the bot, a movement that should create two or more phantom blades if my adjustments were right.

[If the bot breaks] I face towards the other two and observe them carefully, watching for the moment either of them moves, once it perform its slight wind up they all have to their thrust, I plan to cut through its shoulder, and strike its head using a recoiless kick. I attempt to adjust each of those as well to match the phantom strikes technique.

"Hmmmm. Should I kill those?"

I teleport back to Kamui for precisely one second, and come back out 11 days later.

I used those 11 days to continue expanding my mind and magical power

Soon I'll be able to shed my body and become a being of pure thought.

[That's something Darquesse was going to do btw, not pulling this out of my ass]

Then I teleport over a short distance from the demons and see what they do.

"Huh. Cute name." I would say a bit strange, but, seeing my own name, that would be hypocrisy

"I'll definetly remember you." I get a paper note from GoB and start writing down how this [Name i can't say] looks.

PsychoWarper said:
I enter the training room and begin training and start fighting some training robots.
[If you're looking for the robots Blane is fighting, those are in Kura's room.]

[We actually had a training room, I used it after I got Wolfgang and its the one of the only times ive used his Briah in combat]

PsychoWarper said:
[We actually had a training room, I used it after I got Wolfgang and its the one of the only times ive used his Briah in combat]
[That was a pocket dimension Andy created tmporarily for you, actually.]

"Huh? What are you doing to me?" He tried to find out what he was doing.

"HEY. DON'T INTERRUPT ME." The other invisible being said.

[I guess I could possibly resist it. I think an entire alien race tried to control Goji's mind or something.]

[@Blah]

The first bot is destroyed.

The two approaching bots come you from opposite sides, both of their wind ups occur simultaneously.

The third remaining bot regains its balance.

[@Crimson]

"C-Cute? That's... I'll have you know that-"

The ball of light begins to fade slightly.

"Ah! No-no-no way this is too soon! Taking you to the base is draining too much power! I-... I won't be able to stay with you before we get there! I..."

It seems like it's at a loss for further words. This might be your last chance to say something to it.

[@Dragon]

Kuro lets out a light chuckle.

"We're fine, thanks. By the way, it seems like something might be bothering you. If you have any worries or doubts, don't hesitate to reveal them to us. Either Kura or I will always be ready to console you."

He turns to Kura.

"In any case, it seems that our prolonged absence may be causing some of our colleagues further anxiety. We should return to our master's side."

Kura nods. The two of them begin walking back towards the door.

The fact that i have to kill her is already guilt tripping me into oblivion.

"Hey... Do i need to kill you? Or is there no other way?"

Even though their backs are to me, I look in Kura's direction.

"Are you worried about if you should follow the Emissary's orders or not?"

[I kinda want to wrap things up with the bots since things seem to be moving along with what the others are doing (and I find it a bit difficult to believe what's ssentially ammounted to just a handful of sword strikes is taking along as them searching rooms and stuff.]

I slash towards the shoulder of the one on my right and attempt to quickly move past it to kick it into the attack of the left, and if possible cut both's heads off after.

"PLEASE. WHEN YOU SLIP UP AND TELL ME THE PASSAWAY TO THE RIFT, I'LL HAVE EVERYTHING CHANGE." The voice laughed out, maniacally as it then disappeared.

"That was weird. Time to go!" He then walked to the door the others went through and opened it.

The tall Emissary adjusts his sleeves.

"Now seems to be the right time."

He disappears for a brief moment, returning almost immediately with another person. He then makes an announcement audible to everyone, regardless of where you are, including pocket realities like Kamui or rooms.

"Everyone. I'd like to introduce you to your new ally. He's fully aware of the situation already, and in fact, has been a part of this mission longer than all of you. I sent him on a solo mission before I was separated. He was to hold off the darkness in several universes until called upon to participate in the final battle. I believe now is the time we could use him the most. I'll let him go ahead and introduce himself."

[This is you @Hl3]

Blahblah9755 said:
[I kinda want to wrap things up with the bots since things seem to be moving along with what the others are doing (and I find it a bit difficult to believe what's ssentially ammounted to just a handful of sword strikes is taking along as them searching rooms and stuff.]

I slash towards the shoulder of the one on my right and attempt to quickly move past it to kick it into the attack of the left, and if possible cut both's heads off after.
[I... Strongly agree with this. Kinda lost track of time/speed shenanigans when doing multiple scenes all at once.]

Several phantom blows come out along with your regular attacks, countering the bot's own. Both are beheaded. The remaining bot returns to a neutral stance.

"CHALLENGER: GUEST SEEMS TO HAVE SATISFIED ITS GOAL OF OBSERVING SWORD FORM#39587. EXITING SESSION."

You're returned to the living room of the house below. A hologram is projected from the Android's eye. A girl with white hair and fair skin smiles and waves at you.

"Wow! What an incredible performance!"

She bows.

"Huh? No way! You're a guest?"

The hologram feigns awe and surprise, but gives up the act rather quickly and sighs.

"Yeah, right... It's not like anyone will ever trigger this recording. Look, if this really is a guest and not just Shira pulling another one of his pranks, well. I hope you'll stay friends with Kura. She can be... distant sometimes, but she really means well. And- Ah! She might be in the room with you! Uhh sorry Kura! Forget I said anything."

She bows again.

"Thanks for playing."

The hologram closes.

Well shit that was a bit sudden

The slightly limited vision i have through my mask is further obscured with information about the nearest person to me

Realm..............Guy.............Looks like a woma

ok then

i go over to shake his hand, the blaster that makes up my armor's lower right arm complicating matters slightly

"Hello, my name is David."

[@Christian (Copying my description from before.)]

As you step through the door you come to find a hallway similar to the one holding your own rooms, but rather than extend infinitely with endless doors, the hallway ends after about 20 meters with a single door at the end. The wall on the right side is lined with five more doors, each labeled with a metal plaque.

The plaques read as follows.

First door: Kuro

Second door: Kura

Third door: Illegible (The plaque has been maliciously struck numerous times, making it almost impossible to read. The weapon was likely a baton.)

Fourth door: Shira

Fifth door: Shiro

The Stranger enters the first door, ready to see what awaits him. Kuro's room, it was!

[Off to bed. Sorry.]

Silently superly duperly high schooly secret agenty follow Christian cause I'm an asshole now.

So they didn't think others would pull this off. A dumb grin crosses my face. I bow and thank the robot and the girl.

That must be Shiro then… or maybe the person from the middle room. When I think of that room, I remember something Kuro said when Kura ran off. I pause for a moment to consider if I should check…

I try to reactivate the training mannequin, but not to challenge it this time.

[@Hl3]

Realm looks a little startled, but he returns your handshake with a smile.

"Nice to meet you, David. My name's Realm. That's some nice uh... armor?"

[@Christian/Edward (Copying my description from before.)]

The door leads to a surprisingly simple yet classy livingroom. A lit fireplace sits at the adjacent wall, burning with a blueish flame. A painting of 5 individuals on a grassy hill rests above it. Mounted on the wall to your left is the head of some unrecognizable monster. A weapon rack holding various archaic weapons sits by the wall to your right. There's a couch near the center of the room, next to a table which holds a few adornments along with a deck of cards. There are two more doors, one to your left and one your right, as well as a staircase leading up behind the wall of the fireplace.

[@Crimson]

It hesitates for a second before speaking.

"I... don't know. I was too far gone to be reasoned with by now. Maybe if you warn some of the others first they might have some ideas, but choose who you tell wisely! Not all of them would have been able to act rationally given that information."

"..."

"Anyway don't lose your conviction if killing me becomes necessary! I'd gladly die to prevent what occurred from happening, past me would feel the same way knowing the result of our actions!"

The fading continues.

"It was really nice meeting you Azencard... I really wish... I wish we could have had time to become friends."

[@Dragon]

Both of them stop in place. Kuro doesn't seem surprised by the subject of your question, but turns to face you, while looking at Kura with a neutral expression.

Kura however, stands completely motionless.

There's complete silence for a few seconds, until the Emissary's announcement regarding your new ally interrupts it.

Kura, still not facing you, whispers something under her breath before responding. [Hooray for enhanced senses.]

"Damn wraiths."

She turns around, a calm smile worn on her face.

"No. I'm not. Our master is completely perfect and flawless. There's no reason to doubt a being as all knowing as him. Even though he keeps plans to himself for thousands of years without consulting us, it's only because he's the one who knows best out of us all. He only hides helpful allies that only he knows about to save us from becoming weak from over-reliance. He only lets people like your friend, Greg, die because he knows it to be a necessary sacrifice for the good of all creation. After all, what is a single death or two, or three, or FOUR among the ocean of infinite souls he strives to protect. No. Our master knows that sacrificing his own allies is a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things. He'd probably sacrifice his own children if he had to. "

"Kura." Kuro firmly interjects.

"I'm simply answering Silas' question to the best of my ability. Now, if he doesn't have anything else to ask, we should be returning soon. Our master has a new pawn he'd like us to meet."

She turns around, and leaps from the platform, flying on her own towards the exit.

Kuro sighs and gives you an apologetic look before heading after her.

Standuser081 said:
[Holy plot. What's happening?]
[Defeated the door. Behind it was Chaos again, who used injured Kura as a trap to take out Kuro. We defeated him and another Emissary shard came out of him and healed everyone. The Emissary brought everyone back to base, where people are either exploring the pre-existing rooms or relaxing.]

"Well, shit. All alone now."

I grab a music box and some headphones from GoB and put some music on. I then go to sleep, waiting until i reach my destiny.

Back