• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reincarnation Wars: The Final Chapter Pt. 1

#39587… it knows at least 3153 more than me! No, that's only swordplay, if I restrict myself to that it has a full 11578 over me! A dumb grin appears on my face as I hear this.

I slightly adjust the stance it showed me using my personal knowledge of sword techniques to adapt it to be a bit more defensive. This is a good opportunity so I should take my time to learn from it.

I parry the first attack and perform a counter. Looking for any holes in the android's or my own movements so I can adjust to remove them.

[@Dragon]

You enter the forest. The atmosphere is surprisingly peaceful and serene. Nothing particularly catches your attention.

[@Crimson Damn, avoided getting DUNKED on.]

You slash Sans with instant death and he fades away.

More sky fissures begin to appear. Even more Deviljhos begin flowing out of them in far greater swarms than the one you dealt with earlier. They seem to be ignoring you completely and attacking the environment. Chunks of the moon get converted into a strange dark substance with each chomp.

[@Blah and Overlord, the descriptions for your scenes will take me a bit longer to get to. Starting it right now, though.]

"Whatever that is, i don't like it."

I summon Ea in my hand and release a wave of space time warping energy at the moon, aiming to completely destroy it.

[@Overlord]

The left door leads to a massive library. Massive shelves contain thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of books covering numerous categories and subjects. A mysterious aura can slightly be felt coming from somewhere deep inside this massive room.

[@Blah]

As you parry the attack, your precognition tells you that you still need to dodge the attack's previous trajectory despite having deflecting the blade. In fact, nine more consecutive invisible thrusts follow the first, in a barrage covering several of the possible paths you could have taken to avoid it.

The Smashor said:
[No seriously, what is happening? Are we getting our next souls or something?]
[Overlord, Dragon and Blah are exploring the base. I am fighting alone to actualy join the team. And no, we are not getting out next souls now.]

[I see]

"What do you mean what is happening?"

"The hole I made is gone! I could've sworn it was right here!"

"Ten yards to you left"

"Oh" I say, looking there. "Thanks"

I go back inside.

DragonEmperor23 said:
[ Did anything happen when I picked up the bear? ]
[Tfw I thought you said "bar" and was about to write a whole scene describing that instead. Anyway, typing responses now.]

10 simultaneous strikes… that means I can learn 10 times as fast!

I parry two invisible blades with a flick of my wrist and a quick kick, and dodge along the path they would have hit.

What principle did that use? Was it one similar to lightless three stage thrust and Tsubami Gaeshi? Or was it a use of illusionary and invisible blades?

Lightless three stage pierce. Adjusting the new stance to one more suited for attack, I counter with three simultaneous piercing strikes. One is aimed at the throat, the next two are aimed such that they will narrow off 18 of its most optimal evasive paths, forcing it to parry.

If it uses a principle similar to L3ST or TG it will struggle to block this, and if it uses invisible or illusionary blades I'll be able to gauge their length and reach with this.

[@Crimson]

That chunk of the moon gets destroyed. However, separate chunks of the moon along with various other space debris are being similarly targeted. Swarms of Deviljho, along with some new monsters, continue to pour from the fissures in excessive numbers. A massive swarm of them can be seen heading towards this world's "Earth".

The ball of light from before appears. It was apparently hiding in one of your pockets.

"Hey, don't worry about defeating the Minor Darknesses. They're no longer a threat to you in your current state now that you've regained four of your past souls. Besides, it's virtually impossible to stop them all from coming in. Before long, they'll have corrupted this universe enough to bring forth a Major Darkness far mote powerful than the one you just defeated. Now that you have all your lost souls, we should hurry up and go while they're not paying attention to us."

[You can decide whether you want to leave with the lightball, or stay and complete any unfinished business]

[@Dragon]

(As you re-enter the house, you can see a hologram of Blane fighting the mannequin.)

The stuffed bear is incredibly soft. It smells... feminine. There's a locket attached to the bear's collar.

[@Overlord]

While searching for the source the aura, you notice that many of the books are in many different languages, some of which you've never even seen or heard of, with characters you couldn't even begin to comprehend. After travelling a surprisingly deep distance into the library, you find a door on the far wall. A plaque above it reads "memories". The aura is almost certainly coming from behind this door.

[@Blah]

The first slash is dodged and the second one parried. The third slash hits it's mark, bisecting the android completely. It falls to the floor in pieces.

Almost immediately as the pieces land, they disperse into particles. The android reappears in its starting position.

"ANALYSIS: UNKNOWN SWORD TECHNIQUE OBSERVED. UPDATING COMBAT DATA: NEW TECHNIQUE INSTALLED. SUPPLEMENTING COMBAT MEMORY. STATUS, CHALLENGER 'GUEST'S POWER EXCEEDS FORMER PREDICTIONS. UPDATING DIFFICULTY SETTINGS: MASTER. INSTALLING COMBAT MEMORY: DUPLICATION, TEMPERING, HOMING, MOBILITY, SPATIAL LOCK, TEMPORAL EVASION, INSTALLED. RESUMING COMBAT MODE. Don't get yourself killed."

The droid resumes its previous fighting stance. Four duplicates emerge from its body. Four of the androids charge towards you, two to the left, two to the right. The fifth one stays back.

DragonEmperor23 said:
I look at the locket to see if I can open it.
It opens. Inside is a picture of a young woman you've never met, along with a note that reads "With love, from Shiro".

The woman in the picture is smiling. She's incredibly beautiful, with fair skin and silverish white hair.

I'm really confused right now. Also, what an obvious name. Where could Kura be?

I close the locket and put the teddy bear back in the same spot it was before. I go downstairs to the bar and try to open the door behind it.

I stare at the door, unsure if i should enter or not.

Even i undestand that a place called "Memories" must be really important to a person.

I wonder where Kuro is ...

"Alright, if you say so, i will do it... Where do i go now?" I ask The Ball of Light.

I also throw a NP at Earth to "mercy-kill" it.

While i destroy Earth, i start to think This Ball is really putting me in a spot here. I was just killed, and i go from fighting asshole villains to this? And even then, i have to wonder, what the hell is happening?.

I cross my arms I wonder who the bigger enemy is, or why they are doing this. Whatever they are, it can't be good.

I get lost in my thoughts.

Oh, good. It's not broken. I think, I had expected it to parry that last move. If I want to learn properly I need to see as many techniques as possible from it.

I move to the left, and then dash forward to strike the leftmost bot. My current position and angle will allow me to get off my attack before the other three can approach me. I attempt to mimic the technique the training bot showed me, performing it with lightless three stage pierce I see if I can replicate the effect of creating 9 phantom blades.

[@Dragon]

The door behind the bar leads to a storage area. Several shelves, boxes, barrels and the like are stocked to the brim with spices and ingredients. Various ghost like creatures are carrying objects around, organizing them and reorganizing them into proper locations. They seem very indecisive. There's another door near the back of the room which seems to lead outside.

One of the ghost like creatures notices you looking at it.

"Oh! A visitor! And he can see us!"

The other ghosts stop what they're doing. They all swarm around you, looking very amused.

"A visitor that can see us, yay!"

"Kura didn't say that she was having company."

"And he's a handsome one too."

[@Crimson]

"I can take you to the universe where our base used to be. Right now I should be with the rest of our group and two fragments of the Emissary... I know this is a lot to take in, but I need you to be ready to take drastic measures, even if it means... killing the past me."

The light ball flies around you in circles. You're transported into a trippy looking tunnel, flying through it on a straight course.

"Wait, the Emissary? Group? Kill you? What are you..." Before i can finish, i enter the tunnel.

"Oh what the hell is this?!"

I continue to go down the tunnel, extremely confused. I also try to make some sense of what the Ball said.

Does she mean i will have to kill a person in said "group" in the past? Or is it one of those Emissary stuff? Hold on, am i travelling back in time?!

I slightly blush at the compliment and look away. " Do any of you know where Kura is? I just wanted to check on her and make sure she was okay."

[And? Not stopping me from scaring you senseless.

Man, if only I could access Discord. This wouldn't be so much.]

[@Blah]

Lightless three stage pierce comes out like normal. The bot uses its sword to parry the first strike and nine invisible attacks follow. Two of them deflect the remaining slashes from L3ST, while the other 7 strike at you while cutting down evasion, similarly to the android's previous attack... However, at a slight delay, you feel what seems to be phantom image of yourself, performing the move you just did. It's followed by a second phantom. L3ST is used again twice without requiring your own input, while using a different approach than the original. Your six phantom slashes deflect the droid's own seven.

The second nearest bot jumps up from behind the first, and prepares to deliver a dive attack. The next two try circling behind you for a flank. The clone that stayed back looks like it's preparing for its own attack.

[@Overlord]

You enter the door, noticing a certain "magical" sensation as you walk through it. The other side is a vast and expansive area with no walls or ceiling no matter how far you look. It would seem completely empty if it weren't for the countless millions or billions of books floating around wherever you look. Some drift close to the ground while others are way out of reach, extending even to the horizon.

[@Crimson]

The light ball appears next to you, flying by your side.

"It won't be long before we reach our destination. I can answer your questions in the meantime, but I won't be able to explain everything. When we're there, I'll tell you what to do."

[You'll arrive near the end of the home base scene. You can talk to the ball or ask questions in the meantime.]

[@Dragon]

"He's looking for Kura!"

"Oh! Are you her lover or something? Tee-hee!"

Two of them hold onto each other's hands and start spinning around in circles, giggling.

"Kura got a boyfriend! Kura got a boyfriend! Hee hee!"

The other ghosts, thankfully, actually answer your question.

"Kura came home earlier looking really worried."

"She was conflicted about whether she should always be following her master's orders. *gasp! That's never happened before!"

"It means our little Kura is finally growing up! (Though really she's much older than me.)"

"She said she was going to discuss things with Kuro. Knowing them, they're probably in the relaxation room. That's right at the end of the hall you were in before you came into Kura's room! Tell her we sent you!"

Back