• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Transcending Time and Space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pepper14832 said:
I have a character that is currently relativistic via scaling to other characters. However, he is a noted to be one to casual leap through time and space and ignores the Time Paradox.

I havent changed his profile since creation, as i wasnt sure how to move forward. Based on this Character Description, what is your opinion on how youd accurate tier this?
I think that should be taken on another thread regarding that character. I assume a CRT or QA thread will be more suitable for that purpose.

If possible could someone comment on what i mentioned before? I talked about it mo0stly because i saw the character being mentioned here.

Tsubasa16 said:
If possible could someone comment on what i mentioned before? I talked about it mo0stly because i saw the character being mentioned here.
Hmmm I not sure if it will get a lot of attention given how it kinda does derail from the topic the OP intends to go for here so you may need to make another thread regarding that character, preferably a CRT I assume.

Should we also mention this on the speed page?

"Please take note that simple statements of transcending and/or overcoming space/time without any further elaboration is not enough to grant Infinite or Immeasurable speed ratings. Such statements could be flowery language or at most simply refer to resistance to space-time manipulation or basic time travel."

I am fine with AKM's suggestion, and will add Sera's texts.

According to what was decided about only the statement of "transcending space-time" not being enough to be Low 2-C, would said statement of "transcending space and time" plus a statement of "transcending causality" be "enough" ro be classified as Low 2-C or would it still be considered as Unknown?

I am not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but i assume so since that's asking about the decision that was made.

Since we are on this thread and topic already, what about an attack that "goes beyond space-time" with the effect of being able to target any being connected to the direct target of an attack, e.g. an avatar of the enemy you fight is right in front of you and you attack said avatar with a "normal attack" that got the "beyond space-time" effect imbued into it and it causes the damage of the "normal attack" to reach the "real body" and any other connected clones, duplicates or avatars of the target directly and instantly.

What would this sort attack be classified as in terms of range and attack speed?

@Tsubasa

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Xerkser500 said:
I'm honestly not seeing how one isn't able to freey move through time if they are transcending it entirely.

Mainly if there is literally nothing supporting it since they also could be bound to space while not bound by time.

AKM sama said:

"Please take note that simple statements of transcending and/or overcoming space/time without any further elaboration is not enough to grant Infinite or Immeasurable speed ratings. Such statements could be flowery language or at most simply refer to resistance to space-time manipulation or time travel ."
What do the rest of you think about this?

NeoSuperior said:
Since we are on this thread and topic already, what about an attack that "goes beyond space-time" with the effect of being able to target any being connected to the direct target of an attack, e.g. an avatar of the enemy you fight is right in front of you and you attack said avatar with a "normal attack" that got the "beyond space-time" effect imbued into it and it causes the damage of the "normal attack" to reach the "real body" and any other connected clones, duplicates or avatars of the target directly and instantly.

What would this sort attack be classified as in terms of range and attack speed?
I doubt fiction always show this will be the case especially if it doesn't hit the intended target in question or shown to have no effect on the said target as well.

At the very least, the range will be cross dimensional if the said target is in a different dimension , but the speed is ,on the other hand, a different matter. If somehow it is depicted to shown to hit the said target, but not immediately then obviously it is not infinite nor immeasurable for that matter,

Transcending causality isn't tier 2, it's Acausality. There's someone who has the most extreme version as a 5-C/4-B, it's not really related to tiering.

Alright, "Transcending Causality" on its own should absolutely not be justification for Type 5. This is an ability that negs almost everything within someone's own tier, don't hand it out so easily.

If they're established to transcend causality in its totality, that's just how it is. Pretty sure everyone who has it has more than just one offhand statement though.

No matter what it is, it's one of the types.

Wokistan said:
If they're established to transcend causality in its totality, that's just how it is. Pretty sure everyone who has it has more than just one offhand statement though.

No matter what it is, it's one of the types.
However the statement in question didn't specific they transcend causality in its totality.

Also those that does have Type 5 does have more clarifications I assume?

We not gonna throw a free pass for a statement and use it to justify Type 5 especially if there is nothing to support that type.

Please don't quote large things.

As for the type 5 acasuality stuff: The only ones I know of are 40k daemons in the warp, Oryx, Daedric Princes, and 1-As. A statement like that can be used to help aid in attaining such a reason, but on its own would not be regarded as such. I was just saying it's some sort of acausality, and used Oryx having type 5 as an example of how it doesn't relate to AP.

Somehow this thread got derailed into Acausality stuff, just when we almost concluded it.

AKM sama said:

"Please take note that simple statements of transcending and/or overcoming space/time without any further elaboration is not enough to grant Infinite or Immeasurable speed ratings. Such statements could be flowery language or at most simply refer to resistance to space-time manipulation or time travel ."
We need to discuss this as well.

I would appreciate input regarding my last post.

It's basically the same text that is added to the Tiering System page, just modified to fit into the Speed page.

The OP addresses that statements like "transcending time and space" cause problems for both speed and tiers of characters (I'd say it causes more confusion for speed), so I thought if we're adding a note in the tiering system page, we should also add a note in the speed page.

SinsofMan said:
Well honestly, I couuld do all theoritically physics and say that Transcension of Time depends on the type of Multiverse we live in, but I don't wanna open that can of worms.
I agree with Shadow tho. The first assumption should usually be flowerly language unless proven otherwise. IE: Can they time travel, create multiple clones of themselves? etc etc
Well, Shadow said Jiren was beyond time with Flowery Language logic....yet He far surpasses the speed of light.....characters weaker than him can creat after images to point that they all can be seperately touchable.....shouldnt Jiren be above time?

No. Jiren being "beyond time" is literally referring to his resistance to time based attacks like Hit's time cage. It has nothing to do with AP or Speed as Shin's comment was in response to Jiren breaking out of the time cage, not moving at immeasurable speeds or threatening time-space with his attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back