• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding the Sub-Rel Minato calc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burning Full Fingers said:
I don't see the point of this again since lightning speed was incorrectly translated.
I agree, this thread should be closed and Minato reactions would be removed.

I'm pretty sure we can use Raikage's speed as lightning, as Naruto's mach 1200+ feat was done while heavily fatigued and im sure the Raikage would speedblitz the shit out of an exhausted Sage Mode Naruto

@Dark649 & Burning Full Fingers

It is probably best to wait for Kepekley23 and Unite My Rice to comment first.

It's scaling not calc-stacking. Nearly everyone have Massively Hypersonic+ feats. Start of the Part 2 Sasuke and Naruto Massively Hypersonic+ and i'm pretty sure A vastly faster them.

It's scaling. Hebi Sasuke Blitzed Deidara who is massively hypersonic+ but MS Sasuke who has more experience can't even react A how below mach 1300?

Literally there is no calcs for speeds. Only massively hypersonic+ and keep up with this blitzed that etc. and it's really uninformative.

Rules state that you can't use a previous calc on a new calc as it tends to give bloated results.

The lack of speed calc is why we (by we, I mean, the calc staff and those who actually bother, me not included) take the time to run through the manga forward, backward and sideways for potential feats.

Where is the suppose calc i made? I didn't even wrote a message and only shared that calc and make scaling. Really nowadays people use outlier, PIS, hyperbole, calc-stacking nearly anything they see.

Please https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Powerscaling#Examples_of_Viable_Powerscaling and https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Calc_Stacking read this pages and explain me what is wrong with my scaling.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...Shuriken_and_Deva_Path_Speed_Calc#comm-691184

Base on this calc Kakashi approximately mach 1200-1300 because he kept up with Deva Path and not just Kakashi this includes SM Naruto, Sasuke and some other characters.

Kakashi kept up with Deva Path, Hidan keep up with Kakashi, Deidara faster than Hidan, Hebi Sasuke blitzed Deidara. From this scaling Hebi Sasuke far faster than mach 1287. MS Sasuke -even we accept his speed as same as the Hebi Sasuke- can't keep up with with A when he trying to kill him. Also, A is one of the fastest person -except god tiers- in the verse.

Naruto-761730
Naruto-761731

Karin says herself and don't go PIS, outlier or hyperbole on this because she watching the figth whole time.

Either speed feats need calcs or more solid reasonings with scans.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
(even though Kirin is lightning, Zetsu explicitly states it to be slower than the lightning used on the board)
Mistranslation. The original Japanese release simply has Zetsu saying lightning is "faster than sound"

Burning Full Fingers said:
I don't see the point of this again since lightning speed was incorrectly translated.
@Kepekley

What do you think about this?

I remember asking if the new scan was from the official translation and for a RAW japanese scan to be provided so we can confirm if it's indeed a mistranslation with ALRF.

Okay. Help with this from the community would be appreciated then.

Mistranslation. The original Japanese release simply has Zetsu saying lightning is "faster than sound"

Incorrect again, apparently Naruto has a lot of mistranslations here given the continous misinformation regarding raws. In the Japanese raws, Zetsu explicitly states 1/1000 of a second.

In the Japanese raws, Zetsu explicitly states 1/1000 of a second.

Which is not what I'm talking about. Zetsu saying Kirin is "hundreds of times of faster than sound" is a mistranslation. In the original RAWs, he says it's "faster than sound". A blanket statement that doesn't contradict anything.

Anyway, you're incorrect here. Even a stratus cloud is 2000m high, remove another thousand for the mountain (which is def'ly not 1000m tall) and you have 1,000,000m/s, which is easily double the speed of lightning. And this assumes the mountain is higher than what it was calc'ed at.

We should use the IRL lightning speed in order to be conservative.

What does a stratus cloud have to do with this discussion? Sasuke verbatim makes a cumulonimbus cloud which range from 200-4000 meters in height. To add onto that, the height between the cloud and the mountain peak they were on were shown to us, but the feat has even more clarity regarding the formation of Kirin. Kirin is shown to form and come out and rest under the clouds. You can see Sasuke on top of the Uchiha pillar, Kirin could not have been anymore than around 100 meters from Itachi as shown in this scan:
0391-007

The average of 200 and 4000 is 2100m, so that makes the feat better.

Except Zetsu was talking about Kirin's speed in general, not especifically Sasuke's. That's why he said "lightning can touch the ground in 1/1000th of a second!"

How far away Sasuke's Kirin was from Itachi at the time doesn't really matter.

Thats not the average, that's the median. Anyways, using just the average is dishonest, a lowball should also be found to be safe and avoid wank.

>Except Zetsu was talking about Kirin's speed in general, not especifically Sasuke's. That's why he said "lightning can touch the ground in 1/1000th of a second!"

Zetsu was talking of lightning in general, not Kirin since he doesnt even know what Kirin is.

So we know that lightning can travel the distance of 100-200 meters in 1/1000th of a second using an assumption of the distance of Itachi from Kirin itself and the clouds themselves respectively.

Thats not the average, that's the median. Anyways, using just the average is dishonest, a lowball should also be found to be safe and avoid wank.

Slapping the lowest possible number is just as dishonest as slapping the highest possible number. And ignoring the fact that most non-mature cumulonimbus tend to be above 200m and closer to the low thousands is also not valid.

Zetsu was talking of lightning in general, not Kirin since he doesnt even know what Kirin is.

Yes. He also didn't mention a height or altitude; he just said "lightning reaches the ground in a thousandth of a second".

I dont get what the argument is here are we trying to decide what height to put Kirin at? It definitely can not be the maximum of 4000m considering that they are standing on a large hill/small mountain and then on top of a wall that is on top of a large building.

400m for the height is already lightning-fast, by the way. Only the lowest possible values for the clouds are below Mach 1200. Anything higher than the low-mid (400m) is already lightning-speed and above.

It is dishonest to say Kirin is slower than IRL lightning just because the lowest possible calc is slower and anything higher is already comparable.

Also Zetsu said that lightning can hit the ground he never said it would hit that specific place in 1/1000th of a second and simply said the ground which I assume it means any usual place.

Rocker1189 said:
Also Zetsu said that lightning can hit the ground he never said it would hit that specific place in 1/1000th of a second and simply said the ground which I assume it means any usual place.
I don't think that's true. That's tantamount to saying the professional Viz Translator is foolishly ignorant of Japanese.

Wait what. Could you show me a scan because I swear Zetsu says "hits the ground" not hits this place. Also what makes viz any better than other translators?

besides the Original japanese version, it is the closest you can get as it is the Official English translation, they work with Shueisha

I think that Kepekley seems to make sense about the lighting speed itself, but as I mentioned in the calculation blog, I doubt that Minato started to react first when A's fist was millimetres from his face. It seems like we should at least use the distance shown in the preceding image.

That said, I am not well informed about this topic, and do not know if that would result in an outlier as well.

I believe he did since we know that The flying thundergod technique is instantaneous, if he did it way before The Raikage was at his face he would have been out of there before the Raikage even got there. Therefore he had to have reacted in those milliseconds.

Also, I strongly doubt that this discussion will ever be resolved if everybody are allowed to comment. It would likely be better to close this, restart it as a new thread, invite all the calc group members, and only allow them to respond.

If Minato use running speed to react like Naruto you can use that distance but he teleport himself and his teleportation instantaneous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back