• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Sol's 4-B Status

Ryukama

Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Hello. There appears to be some bizarre circlar powerscaling when it comes to Sol Badguy being at Solar System level.

The justification for Sol being 4-B is that he is "Capable of fighting That Ma and Slayer"

But then on That Man's profile, his justification for being 4-B is that he " slapped Sol Badguy around"

And Slayer's justification for 4-B is that he "is easily comparable to
Sol"

Therefore none of these characters actually have a Solar System feat and all powerscale each other in a circular fashion. Can anyone familar with this series please give a reason as to why they are Solar System level, and if so add that reason in instead.

They are powerscaled from base Sol, whereas Sol fought them equally when he was transformed, ergo, 4-B.

But where does Solar System come from though? Is there some statement or feat that puts anyone at Solar System? Cause right now this is how the profiles are going.

Sol is 4-B from fighting That Man and Slayer. That Man and Slayer are 4-B from fighting Sol. It doesn't make sense.

Here's how it works:

That Man is 4-B for casually slapping around a partially transformed Sol Badguy.

Slayer is considered on-par with That Man and far above base Sol.

Once Sol fully transforms, he's able to fight them on even ground.

That would make sense then, however why is partially transformed Sol 4-B though? Or why would beating partial Sol be a 4-B feat?

Beating him is a 4-B feat, AFAIK, especially given the casual ease That Man went with beating him.

What Ryu is trying to say is if there is any feat/statment like blowing up a solar system for Sol in the first place not just powerscaling without any reasoning i believe.

Characters can easily curbstomp each other within the same tier however. The high end to low end within large star is a factor of 1530. Would you really say that TM stomped partial Sol with such unbelievable ease to not only consitute a new tier but that he would be that much stronger?

I'm not trying to argue or call for anyone's downgrading or anything. I am simply asking questions since I do not know.

I remember there was a calculation where Sol in base form makes a mini black hole with his fist and it resulted in a couple hundred tenatons of TNT or something, which placed Base Sol in Large Star level. However, considering that we ignore black hole feats, as well as Jack-O's Rider Kick that only resulted in Moon level (which is prob. highballed), I am really wondering if Sol and other guilty gear characters are even Large Star level in the first place.

And Jack-O should comparable Sol Badguy base form from what I've heard, and she's only moon level with her strongest attack.

Crazystarf said:
I remember there was a calculation where Sol in base form makes a mini black hole with his fist and it resulted in a couple hundred tenatons of TNT or something, which placed Base Sol in Large Star level. However, considering that we ignore black hole feats, as well as Jack-O's Rider Kick that only resulted in Moon level (which is prob. highballed), I am really wondering if Sol and other guilty gear characters are even Large Star level in the first place.
There was a thread about this (The result was double-digit tenakilotons btw), and Ant agreed to use the feat.

@Ryu

Sol is easily in the higher-end of the tier (12 tenakilotons, in addition to being kind of like Saitama in the sense that he does everything casually and not at full power), and even with a significantly augmented half-transformation, That Man still casually stomped him.

Was DT involved in the discussion on this topic? He'd probably clue us in on the scenario.

I'll actually PM him right now if he responds.

Alright then thanks very much for clearing that up @Ever. Perhaps what you said should be added as a note or something to prevent any further confusion.

Crazystarf said:
Was DT involved in the discussion on this topic? He'd probably clue us in on the scenario.
I'll actually PM him right now if he responds.
It was Ant and Vivi. Contacting DT seems unnecessary, honestly.

@Ever I think something like this may be good for the profiles

That Ma: Solar System (casually stomped a partially transformed Sol, then when Sol fully transformed, That Man was still able to put up a good fight with him)

Note: Considering prior to the transformation Sol is still casually at the highest end of Large Star, then That Man was able to stomp a greater form with ease, then still put up a fight against his greatest form, it is rather safe to put That Man at 4-B)

Sol Badguy: Solar System (can fight off That Man once he is fully transformed)

Alright thank you very much @Ever.

Well, considering how extremely wide the solar system level category is, I doubt that we should keep the "At least" part before "Solar System level" for either of their profiles.

So, does anybody want to help out by removing the previously mentioned "At least" part for the Guilty Gear profiles?

Not a problem. Noticed the link of this character's AP is busted.

Nevermind, it was fixed since last I checked. Is there anything else?

Ryukama said:
@Ever I think something like this may be good for the profiles

That Ma: Solar System (casually stomped a partially transformed Sol, then when Sol fully transformed, That Man was still able to put up a good fight with him)

Note: Considering prior to the transformation Sol is still casually at the highest end of Large Star, then That Man was able to stomp a greater form with ease, then still put up a fight against his greatest form, it is rather safe to put That Man at 4-B)

Sol Badguy: Solar System (can fight off That Man once he is fully transformed)
Can I add this as well?

No. Probably not. It was an illogical flash for stylish dramatic effect. The light from that distance should take many lightyears to reach the original destination.

Back