• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Resistance Negation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Alright, this has been bugging me for some time. So the resistance negation page needs a bit of a rework. The page itself mentions how RN can essentially bypass natural resistances which is true, however what I believe it should have, is the fact that the specific types of resistances you negate needs to be specified.

For example, if I have an onscreen feat of being able to deal damage to a being naturally immune to fire with fire, of course that would count as resistance negation. However if that’s all there is too the RN and there’s no mentions, no lore or any additional abilities to indicate the Resistance negation can lead to negging other types of resistance that has no onscreen showings like Mind or Soul resistance, this will lead to NLF territory. It also doesn’t really help when a decent chunk of pages on the site just have resistance negation listed but don’t elaborate on what resistances exactly it negates.

My proposition is that we should add in the page that the specific types of RN that’s proven/shown needs to be mentioned otherwise it will lead to a big NLF to assume someone can negate all resistances. This also applies to every page that has resistance negation as they need to specify what it is they negate to begin with.

Agree: 16 (DragonEmperor23, Overlord775, Mister6ame6, Antoniofer, Rabbit2002, AKM sama, Qawsedf234, Ogbunabali, Antvasima, Damage3245, LordGriffon1000, Elizhaa, DarkDragonMedeus, Bobsican, The Axiom of Virgo, Delta333)

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
I’m not exactly separating the RN by types. I’m proposing that the specific resistances that can be negated needs to be specified. Like if you have only shown to negate elemental resistances and that’s it, and nothing else suggests you could negate other resistances, you specify what abilities you negated the resistance for with scans to back it up (obviously).

Here’s a basic example: Resistance Negation (Is shown to harm beings who are naturally immune to the 4 elements with said elements)

I pressume we already do that, not like we simply write Resistance Negation and do not elaborate about the subject. If not, welp, yes, we do need to elaborate what resistance it does negate.

There’s numerous pages that just has resistance negation and that’s it, not only that but we don’t specify that needs to be said in the RN page itself, which it should be given it’s very important to explain how it can lead to NLF territory like how Invulnerability can be.

This thread should probably be in our staff forum. Is it fine if I move it?

Okay. So should we move this thread to our staff forum then?

Well, it seems to be a thread about a policy change, which should go to our staff forum, and it will receive more staff attention that way as well.

You can just tag the staff members here to comment. We can still let normal users comment as long as it doesn’t get out of hand.

Yeah it needs to be added. Just because you can negate intangibility doesn't mean you can suddenly harm Superman or something like that. The power should clarify what it does or what it applies to. Unless its some universal think like 616 Leech or Dispel Bounds.

For the record, I am also inclined to agree with this.

I agree with this, though that should have been common sense to add when giving a character said ability.

It seems like this revision has been accepted then.

for first thing, i think there should be a "For exemple" before then, you know, exemple

furthermore, the "ALL" shouldn't be capitilized as i feel that's not proper form

Okay. Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back