• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding OPM striking strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Dark649 said that Lord Boros strongest energy seems to be AP-based, however we cannot use author statements such as Garou can fight with him since we don't use them anymore, for example Shigeo is not scaled anymore to Tornado of Terror.

While I'm not knowledgeable about OPM, I do want to revise this striking strength-AP thing, as we had been very lax about it before. I am neutral whether scaling striking strength to AP or not though, so I would appreciate help from experts to decide.

No secret. Inconsistent or contradictory means "no.". Possible and implied in the story itself means "yes".

Garou is option 2. He survived a Serious Series blow from Saitama, which a weakened Boros died from, putting them within the same range.

I think a bit of context is necessary though; the Serious Headbutt that Garou took was focused on his arm and it completely destroyed his arm. Survivng this is not the same thing as Saitama giving him a lethal injury such as a punch to the head or torso...

To give a comparison, lets say I have Planet level striking strength and I punch you in the finger; it would of course completely destroy your finger but as long as I'm not hitting the rest of you, can you really say you survived a Planet-level attack? It's more like a part of your body was hit by a Planet-levle attack and that part that was hit was completely destroyed.

Yes, but Boros was getting completely torn apart by Saitama's Consecutive Normal Punches in a similar fashion, while Garou survived the shockwave of the Serious Headbutt coursing through his entire body, which implies greater durability than Boros.

You wouldn't even need to mention the Serious Headbutt for him to have better durability than Boros. At one point during the fight Saitama uses a two-handed Consecutive Normal Punch combo against Garou and Garou (briefly) matches it with is own barrage of punches (without getting his arms destroyed) before he is overwhelmed.

So he already handles the Consecutive Normal Punches better than Boros.

I agree with Kep as well.

Also Garou is far better suited for close quarters combat, as even stated by ONE, so of course he'll handle consecutive normal punches better.

Wasn't Boros's striking strength supposed to be downgraded to continent class? Or am I just misremembering things?

I'm neutral whatenever author statements should be used or not, but if there is the demand of author statements being used: Mob ??? scaling to Tatsumaki, 2-A Rick with Prep and 3-A Mundus arguments wil be brought again [the last one is something that was rejected many times], also Boros striking strength is also supposed to be downgraded to only as at least Multi-Continental Class.

I agree with downgrading Boros's striking strength, but Garou still scales to whatever he gets.

Mundus, Rick and Mob have nothing to do with this. You're taking specific examples and applying them to the entire site. Is Mundus all you can think of? We have discussed this literally tens of times before.

Kep makes sense. Though I think in technicality Boros surviving Saitama's ultimate move intact (mostly) might still have some merit. But yeah overall agreeing with Kep

I didn't say survive and was left alive.

I said survive intact, might, and overall agreeing with you.

Then again diff case from Garou's arm being blown off by a serious headbutt compared to being turned to paste by an attack.

1. Accepting this statement is no different than accepting the official statement of Jiren being "the mightiest foe in DB history".

2. The fact that Garou's arm only got destroyed from the same attack which, from a distance, demolished Boros's entire body and killed him definitely indicates Garou's durability being greater. As does him tanking Consecutive Normal Punch.

We should take statistics from the actual characters we seen either on-screen, or in the pages. If an author states that this character is meant to be the strongest, we can still take that with a whole mountain of salt.

Throughout the whole webcomic, Garou is consistantly shown to be a much more real and significant threat than Boros. For example, Boros never actually looked like winning. In his final battle in City A, the S-Class heros shut his ship down with reletive ease. Whereas Garou has been able to actually take a significant number of S-Classes down (TankTop Master & Metal Bat for example) and even while weakened, he was able to stand toe to toe with Bang and Bomb. While he never looked like beating them, he was able to make it a fight. Even more impressive when you consider that I'm pretty sure Genos hit him with his incineration cannons, which have been shown to have a similar impact on foes as Saitama's most casual punches, and he stood up to it, also while injured. Whereas Boros was torn apart my Saitama's consecutive normal punches, and only held up so long against the Caped Baldy due to his magnificent Regenerationn.

"the S-Class heros shut his ship and him down with reletive ease."

None of the S-Classes did jack against Boros. They didn't even know he existed. The only one who even did any sort of damage to the ship (but still not nearly enough damage to actually take it down) was Tatsumaki.

"Whereas Garou has been able to actually take a significant number of S-Classes down (TankTop Master & Metal Bat for example) and even while weakened, he was able to stand toe to toe with Bang and Bomb."

Implying Boros couldn't have done this either.

"Even more impressive when you consider that I'm pretty sure Genos hit him with his incineration cannons, which have been shown to have a similar impact on foes as Saitama's most casual punches, and he stood up to it, also while injured."

Please tell me you're not saying Genos's incinceration canon is as strong as Saitama's casual punches. Or that tanking Genos's attacks somehow proves Garou is stronger than Boros.

Boros is more durable than Garou in his pre awakened form.

Boros was able to somehow tank Saitama's casual punch while the same casual punch destroyed Garou's lower part.
Onepunch-man-one-4358465
Casual Punch and Aftermath

Boros>Garou in terms of durability and ST.
Also,i don't understand why you consider Garou surviving Serious Headbutt as durability feat when Saitama literally destroyed the part of Garou that he aimed.That was a Headbutt vs Garou's punch,Saitama destroyed his right side,this is not a durability feat.

Edit:Chapter 88.

Ryukama said:
"the S-Class heros shut his ship and him down with reletive ease."
None of the S-Classes did jack against Boros. They didn't even know he existed. The only one who even did any sort of damage to the ship (but still not nearly enough damage to actually take it down) was Tatsumaki.
Expanding on this further, it took four S-Class heroes to take on goddamn Melzalgald, and even then, they weren't exactly having the easiest time until they discovered his weakness.

Saitama extremely casually wasted Groribas and Geryuganshoop, who were individually comparable in status and power to Melzalgald. Groribas was decapitated in a zero effort punch, and Saitama punctured Geryuganshoop by nonchalantly tossing a pebble at him.

When he punched Boros, not only was Boros still able to stand, but it only broke his armor.

I'm pretty sure unless we get WoG statements that say otherwise, Boros would have absolutely murderstomped every present S-Class hero had he actually even bothered to come down from his ship.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I'm pretty sure unless we get WoG statements that say otherwise, Boros would have absolutely murderstomped every present S-Class hero had he actually even bothered to come down from his ship.
Actually WoG statements so far have only been confirming what you're saying. Murata recently stated that Melzalgald, Groribas and Geryuganshoop even with prep have almost zero chance of winning against Orochi. Orochi is kinda obviously going to end up weaker than Monster Garou since MG is the main villian of this arc (and Murata isn't sure who's stronger between Orochi and Golden Sperm, the guy Monster Garou fodderized).

So a guy who could take on 4 S-Classes + two of his relatively comparable comrades, have almost zero chance against a guy weaker, maybe even far weaker, than Boros even with preparation. So imagine how screwed those S-Classes would be facing Boros.

Dzhindzholia said:
Boros is more durable than Garou in his pre awakened form. Boros was able to somehow tank Saitama's casual punch while the same casual punch destroyed Garou's lower part.
Onepunch-man-one-4358465
Casual Punch and Aftermath

Boros>Garou in terms of durability and ST.
Also,i don't understand why you consider Garou surviving Serious Headbutt as durability feat when Saitama literally destroyed the part of Garou that he aimed.That was a Headbutt vs Garou's punch,Saitama destroyed his right side,this is not a durability feat.

Edit:Chapter 88.
Like Damage said that's Zombieman.

Again, ignoring the fact that Serious Punch didn't even make direct contact with Boros, yet it destroyed his entire body and killed him. So Garou getting hit by Serious Headbutt, with not only having just his arm destroyed, but also surviving it does show he has greater durability.

@Ruy

Saitama aimed for the hand and destroyed the hand.I don't see why it is so hard to understand,that is not a durability feat.

Also,keep in mind that Serious Punch=/=Serious Headbutt.The only common with them is the word serious.Remember serious sidejumps?(or whatever it is called),Saitama does no damage to the street while he is doing that move,and Sonic was able to survive it.Maby we should give him Planet Level dura?The move is "Serious" after all.

I still don't really get them having planetary durability, even when using the Anime/Manga guidebook. Wouldn't a better rating be like, Low 5B? Boros doesn't need to have 5B durability to survive the shockwaves of the CSRC, same with Garou.

But anyways Manga/Webcomic Boros and Garou both have Multi-Continental durability and AP, although the AP rating probably isn't as high as the CSRC.

1. Saitama didn't aim for Boros's anything, yet still managed to destroy his body and kill him with the attack. Garou only had his arm destroyed, and survived it. Garou took less damage from the attack, so yes it is a durability feat.

2. Ignoring that Serious Punch and Serious Headbutt are both serious strikes, whereas Serious Sidesteps isn't even an attack, just him moving side to side. You're really suggesting that his punch is orders of magnitude stronger than his headbutt?

Point 1 may be a bit iffy if based purely on webcomic canon. Since in the webcomic the Serious Punch just canceled the CSRC . Boros did die but they were due to injuries sustained from the Consuctive Normal Punches (Boros never healed from those in the webcomic).

It cancelled the CSRC, then the shockwave hit Boros which is what killed him. You can also faintly see him get hit here.

Also if anything that would prove that Garou's dura is above Boros if you're trying to suggest Boros never even took a Serious Punch and died Consecutive Normal Punches instead.

Yeah the manga he was 100% hit and killed with the shockwave. But in the webcomic he died to his old injuries since he never healed from Saitama's punch barrage and just went right to the CSRC. You can see it in the webcomic death scene. All the limbs Boros is missing were present before the serious punch.

EDIT: And yeah, I agree that Monster Garou is more durable than Boros. Even including the possibility that Saitama was holding back more than normal against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back