• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding OPM striking strength

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we taking a Serious Headbutt as equal to a Serious Punch?

I 100% Guarantee with no hesitation that my punches are several times stronger than my headbutts.

My original point was that scaling the two moves to each other is iffy. Since webcomic Saitama lacks the shockwave effects of his manga counterpart (at least for the majority of his attacks). But scaling the normal punches and punch combos should be okay, and Garou was handling those far better than Boros was.

I and many other people would disagree. Assuming you're actually using full range of motion and hitting with the right spot, headbutts can be far more devastating. Especially since you're hitting with a much harder, heavier surface. There's a reason nearly every combat sport bans headbutts.

Even then, a headbutt isn't tens of thousands of times stronger than a punch. Nor is it as weak as just stepping side to side. And someone who only got their arm destroyed by a headbutt from a guy is more durable than someone who had their entire body destroyed and got killed by a punch from that same person.

^This guy knows what's up. The bones in your fingers are thin and brittle and are only driven by your shoulder, sometimes your legs and waist if you have the windup time. A headbutt on the other hand is using the forehead, which is a ridge of solid bone, and is struck with the muscles in the neck and chest, which are insanely more powerful than you'd think. A headbutt, well done, can absolutely devestate an unprepared person far worse than a regular punch.

There's a whole buncha science on the matter. The simple fact is, it is the difference between hitting someone with the thin twigs on the ends of branches, or hitting them with the trunk of a tree. Headbutts are devestating, and like Ryu mentioned, "There's a reason nearly every combat sport bans headbutts". I play three different full-contact sports, rugby, boxing and MMA, and I am not allowed to headbutt in any of them.

Akreious said:
I 100% Guarantee with no hesitation that my punches are several times stronger than my headbutts.
You just dug yourself into a hole mate. Go punch someone in the forehead. As hard as you can. Then come back and tell me that A) your hand is not broken and B) that the other person has anything worse than a mild ache. Go ahead, I dare you.

Crimson Azoth said:
Akreious said:
You just dug yourself into a hole mate. Go punch someone in the forehead. As hard as you can. Then come back and tell me that A) your hand is not broken and B) that the other person has anything worse than a mild ache. Go ahead, I dare you.
Jesus christ what did I ever do to you for you to be so confrontational?

Also, I do martial Arts. Aikido to be precise, although I add punches into it because I tend to find trying to lock your enemies is harder than just knocking them the hell out. I've since quit but I still use the Martial Arts whenever I play-fight with my friends. and I have you know that the few times I did punch someone in the forehead (Accidentally), my hand was A) A little bruised but not at all broken like you're implying and B) They were completely knocked the **** out.

So you're either A) Completely exaggerating things to make your point or B) How about the fact that people with different body builds and different points of impacts can immensely affect how powerful strikes are, Headbutts or not.

Akreious said:
I 100% guarentee that an energy blast is stronger than a punch. Does that mean we can't scale someone to Goku's punches just because they never tanked a Kamehameha?

My intention was not to be confrontational. I've never seen you before, I would have no reason to be.

It's simple biology. Your forehead is a solid ridge of bone. Your hand is a mess of thin, brittle bones called phlanges. Those bones in particular are some of the weakest and most brittle in the body, only slightly stronger than those in your ear and nose.

The only way that you'd KO someone by punching them in the forehead is by causing a rapid overflexor in the neck muscles, smacking the brain against the back of the skull. The forehead is fine. The brain is what is f**ked. While a headbutt is a last-ditch attack more often, it is a powerful last-ditch move.

Noahkaismith said:
Can we stop derailing?
Gimme a sec

@Crimson Azoth

I don't deny that's it's a strong tactic, but too strong of a headbutt would likely result in a double KO as both of your brains would be completely ******.

Anyways, proceed with on-topic.

Pretty sure we're still on task. But even if we aren't, this is a interesting topic. I will research this further, feel free to continue discussing with me outside the thread if you wish.

Someone considered that Saitama's serious headbutt may be not so serious against Garou because he didn't want accidently kill him? In Boros case he didn't care about keeping his life

If he didn't care about keeping his life, why did he fight for it while on the moon, when he was in danger of sufficating? While I agree that he would have started reletively casual after dispatching Groibas and Geryuganshoop, once Boros demonstated his full power, I believe Saitama did get more or less serious once Boros demonstated his full and naked power. As proved by his final move, which was called "Killer Move: Serious Series, Serious Punch." Dunno about you, but it sounds like he did get serous against Boros.

Crimson Azoth said:
If he didn't care about keeping his life, why did he fight for it while on the moon, when he was in danger of sufficating? While I agree that he would have started reletively casual after dispatching Groibas and Geryuganshoop, once Boros demonstated his full power, I believe Saitama did get more or less serious once Boros demonstated his full and naked power. As proved by his final move, which was called "Killer Move: Serious Series, Serious Punch." Dunno about you, but it sounds like he did get serous against Boros.
He meant that Saitama didn't care about keeping Boros alive. However, Saitama was not full power against Boros. Boros and Saitama outright confirm it.

Maraderchik said:
Someone considered that Saitama's serious headbutt may be not so serious against Garou because he didn't want accidently kill him? In Boros case he didn't care about keeping his life
Then why did he blow off his arm?

Anyway, I think Boros' striking strength is fine. Just because his Roaring Star attack or whatever is the attack with the feat, it doesn't mean his other attacks aren't at that level.

Boros's striking strength and Garou's AP/Striking should still be High 6A since Garou can damage Boros and vice versa, it's just not on the same level as the 570 Petaton CSRC. The problem to my knowledge is that nothing really confirms 5B striking strength and durability to my knowledge.

I know it doesn't. However, Boros did just as much damage to Saitama with his basic attacks as his Collapsing Star attack did.

So you mean zero? Because Boros did absolutely nothing to Saitama.

Qawsedf234 said:
Boros's striking strength and Garou's AP/Striking should still be High 6A since Garou can damage Boros and vice versa, it's just not on the same level as the 570 Petaton CSRC. The problem to my knowledge is that nothing really confirms 5B striking strength and durability to my knowledge.
Boros was very confident he could survive the earth's destruction.

Noahkaismith said:
Qawsedf234 said:
Boros was very confident he could survive the earth's destruction.
He was? I'm pretty sure he was basically throwing his life away when doing the CSRC

But he doesn't need 5B durability to survive the Earth's destruction. He could have Multi-Continental Durability and survive a 5B explosion as long as it occured a kilometer away from him.

Also I don't remember expressing anything about surviving the attack. It could've been a suicide move like with Vegeta's Galick Gun against Goku

I think he might've said something about it. If he couldn't survive using the CSRC, then how would he know it could destroy a planet?

> think he might've said something about it.

He did not

> If he couldn't survive using the CSRC, then how would he know it could destroy a planet?

Fire the beam from outer space? Plus sometimes characters can just know how strong an attack is. Like how Goku knew that Vegeta wasn't bluffing when he said he was gonna destroy the Earth.

Can't fly. Plus his ship was going down anyways. Seemed to me that Boros was trying to take Saitama out and wasn't caring about the possible side effects of his actions.

Noahkaismith said:
Akreious said:
By doing it from a distance?
Then why not do that against Saitama?
That'd be anticlimactic as hell and awkward as hell. Saitama was worthy of being destroyed and killed, and it's not like he can make it back home with his completely wrecked ship and dead crew. Might as well give the best hurrah you can.

Boros is just like Saitama, and he finally found someone who can give him joy. Why wait? DO EVERYTHING NOW!

I guess. Although, Garou did repel Saitama's consecutive normal punches for a while and wasn't killed by his Serious Headbutt, so Boros would still have 5-B durability if we scaled Boros to Garou.

But we don't scale the form that Garou used to survive the Serious Headbutt to Boros. Since by that point he'd abandoned his martial arts. Also Garou could still be Low-5B and survive a baseline 5B attack with just losing an arm I'm pretty sure.

Crimson Azoth said:
My point here is that Saitama considered Garou as human being and didn't try kill him, in Boros cases Saitama didn't care that much.

Second, Saitama in his fight against Boros was weaker than Saitama in fight against Garou.

But then it links to the wiki page where Saitama dismisses it as the VR not being accurate

Genos: Sensei is far more powerful today than he was yesterday…is that even possible?

Saitama: It's just unreliable simulated data right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back