• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Marvel's New Warriors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe Marvel would **** up this bad lol, at this point do they even have editors anymore? Marvel will die a lonely death and people will be laughing, it's sad actually. Hope DC learns from this and don't go the Woke way.

DC is aping everything that Marvel is doing, especially via their 5G/5 Generations change, and has already gone the woke way. Marvel is even worse, but nevertheless, I agree, at this point both of them deserve to go broke, which seems even more likely given the current Coronavirus-related economic crisis. Almost everything that I loved with their properties has been distorted and mutilated beyond recognition.

I currently much prefer One Piece, One Punch Man, and My Hero Academia.

Anyway, this thread may be too controversial. Should I close it?

This feels like a weird joke.

This has gotta be the biggest recent example of companies not knowing what they are doing. This doesn't seem to have a clear audience. It is too over the top and parody-like to be respectful yet their reputation makes it unlikely to be one. It kinda looks like a modern version of "hello fellow kids." as a comic. Nobody could like it.

Just came to say "INterNeT GaS"

This comic is a terrible idea. I take back everything I said about writers just creating new characters. This is somehow worse than changing already established characters.

Antvasima said:
DC is aping everything that Marvel is doing, especially via their 5G/5 Generations change, and has already gone the woke way. Marvel is even worse, but nevertheless, I agree, at this point both of them deserve to go broke, which seems even more likely given the current Coronavirus-related economic crisis. Almost everything that I loved with their properties has been distorted and mutilated beyond recognition.

I currently much prefer One Piece, One Punch Man, and My Hero Academia.
Idk Is still thinking about doing 5G every since that guy step down? They still need to get rid of bendis

I mean, the issue isn't trying to be inclusive or explore ideas like a non-binary superhero or whatever. It's doing it poorly or trying to do it for imaginary points. The reason there's a backlash against the New Warriors is just that the origins, names, and the reveal itself was mishandled. If they weren't presented in the way they were I doubt it would be this big. As an example no one ever complained about Sandman having a trans-character because Sandman didn't mishandled them.

As for "Go woke get broke", I'm not sure if that's true necessarily. Comic sales have always been pretty low since the crash in the mid-90s and things like piracy certainly aren't helping. I think its just a continuing trend rather than anything really.

EDIT: Another thing I forget to mention is that the comic isn't even out yet. So people are judging this based on a bad interview and mediocre article. Lets wait till it actually comes out before completely writing it off.

Well, in any case, this may be too controversial. Should we close the thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back