• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Marvel characters profiles' navigation tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKM sama

Waifu Connoisseur
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Human Resources
Why do we write "Canon" in our Marvel characters profiles' navigation tab when referring to their comic counterparts?

It is already agreed that both Marvel Comics and MCU are their own separate canons, and we never refer to MCU characters as being non-canon or comic characters as being canon. We also never mention anything like "Canon" in our DC pages' navigation tabs, instead we mention the period like "Post-Crisis", etc.

Simply writing "Comics" in the navigation tab to refer to their comic counterparts is more correct and provides more clarity.

It seems like Dargoo made the canon additions along the tabber ealier.

I still agree with the OP's points.

More below:

Well, Dargoo was just trying to be of help.

Anyway, is somebody willing to make the replacements in the navigation tabbers for all the relevant Marvel profiles, in all types of mediums? It would be quite a lot of work.

Antvasima said:
Anyway, is somebody willing to make the replacements in the navigation tabbers for all the relevant Marvel profiles, in all types of mediums? It would be quite a lot of work.
Yes, I already made progress on that. After correcting a lot of MCU pages it dawned on me, that there are just too many, and many comic pages are locked.

Perhaps Prom's bot might be of some help. If not, I can do it myself, just that I will need help with the locked profiles.

@AKM

If you or somebody else writes down all of the exact page titles for all of the Marvel Comics, MCU, and other Marvel-related pages that need to be unlocked, my automated script can temporarily do so for you.

Okay, I will save all the locked profiles which I come across in my sandbox. Once I'm done with the unlocked ones, I will message you about the locked ones.

Antvasima said:
Well, Dargoo was just trying to be of help.
Indeed, tur.

I can help later today with the replacements, Antvasima.

@Elizhaa

Thank you for the help.

These pages have been taken care of. I saw more pages with "Comics" than "Marvel Comics" so I went with that.

Great. I also took care of many pages and I had a list of some locked profiles. I'll check to see if Elizhaa got them or not.

Thank you both of you.

Yes. Big thanks to everybody who helped out.

Also, just "Comics" is correct, yes.

Seems like Elizhaa updated many profiles with "Marvel Comics".

Oh, that is not good. It looks very redundant stylistically speaking.

Yes. You're right.

No worries though. I'll get them eventually.

Okay. Thank you for the help. You can check Elizhaa' edit history to check them all, and should preferably note down all of the profiles that are locked so you can't adjust them, and then list them here.

I've fixed most of your edits, only some are left. I'm on it right now.

Thanks.

I'm done with Elizhaa's edits. Only locked profiles are left which Elizhaa is taking care of.

Phew! That was one hell of a revision. So tiring and exhausting. I'm thinking of taking a day off lol

I think I got all the pages from everywhere I can find. Here's a list of pages that are locked that need to be corrected:

Captain America (Marvel Cinematic Universe)

Captain America (Marvel Comics)

Spider-Man (Marvel Comics)

Ancient One (Marvel Comics)

Iron Fist (Marvel Comics)

Hela (Marvel Comics)

Dormammu (Marvel Cinematic Universe)

Dormammu (Marvel Comics)

Hank Pym (Marvel Comics)

Still there is a possibility that some might have gone unnoticed simply due to oversight. But even if they did, there would only be a few and they can be taken care of whenever we come across them.

I really think we got all of them though.

Okay. Thanks again for all of your help.

Elizhaa, are you willing to update the pages that AKM linked to?

Oh, I already updated the page page righly a hour ago, @Antvasima. It probably would have been to reply so I will this case in mind, I guess this thread is done, then. Like AKM, if I find out pages that were missed, I will try fixing themƒæì

Okay. Thanks again for the help to you as well then. Should I close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back