• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Gohan's 3-A Rating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Y'know I'm really sick and tired of people complaining about the changes without making a CRT to fix the issue so let me do it for them.

So apparently they feel as though Gohan should not have been upgraded. However, I'll let the ones who supported this upgrade last time discuss this. Honestly, if we accepted #17(Which I agree with) I feel that we can accept Gohan.

Also can people drop the "We are biased towards DBS" comments? Because everyone here know there is no way in hell that is true considering all the Dragon Ball Downgrades in such we've done. If we were biased everyone would be Low 2-C...Anyway for those who want a discussion, discuss it here instead of flooding the Discussion thread with this crap.

>Biased to DBS

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! Who's saying that? As an admin, and as me, I can guarantee were not biased to that show.

Anyway, I couldn't care about how we handle Gohan. I haven't seen the episode, but what I've heard, he didn't put up much of a fight. Wouldn't mind my 3rd favorite character being 3-A tho.

He was quite literally landing serious blows of SSB Goku. He only lost when Goku went Kaioken.

Why go there now? It was already closed and I've already spent time to make this. It is really no point in reopening the other thread. We can just handle it here.

@Vegan Really there is no point in this thread if there was originally another thread... If this thread was made before the other one, then sure.

I'll just post what I said in the other thread:

"Not only did he fight equal to SSJ2 Goku, he only got hit once or twice by SSB Goku before Gohan explicitly mentions that Goku is still not going full power.

This is also ignoring the rather massive problem that Goku only went SSB / SSBKK (It is also never stated if Goku went SSBKKx10, so where did that come from?) when Gohan told him to go full power so he can see how he ranks up to Goku. Up to that point, Goku was very content with only SSJ2.

Also there was only 2 people in favor of this, against about 4 or 5, and the upgrade went through despite people pointing out that we should wait a bit, if not for at least more people, the fact that this went through is against the rules, much more so with a controversial verse like DB."

^I think the KKx10 came from the part where Gohan said to Goku "please go full power" so when he used KK somehow they assumed it was KK10x" but yeah nothing said he was 10x

"Not only did he fight equal to SSJ2 Goku, he only got hit once or twice by SSB Goku before Gohan explicitly mentions that Goku is still not going full power."

Not going full power =/= Not 3-A. Not going all out could also imply Kaioken as well as Gohan knows about SSBKK.

"Also there was only 2 people in favor of this, against about 4 or 5, and the upgrade went through despite people pointing out that we should wait a bit, if not for at least more people, the fact that this went through is against the rules, much more so with a controversial verse like DB."

3-4 with one neutral actually.

Okay, SSBKKX10 was not confirmed, but hey he used Kaio-Ken regardless, so that's a plus. NOBODY has completely refuted the fact that when Gohan and SSB Goku were rushing at each other , Piccollo told Gohan to use his full power, which allowed for him to trade blows with SSB. This is the only statement that implies that Gohan was holding back when he was fighting SS2 Goku. I'm not going to re-state everything i made in the previous thread in this post, but will do so if neccessary. Android 17 was accepted because of him trading blows with SSB for only about a minute . In that battle, Goku was holding back. In this fight, Gohan asked him to go all out, which he did, and both were trading blows then. That is quite literally the only difference between the fight betwen Goku Vs.17 and Goku Vs.Gohan. Yes, the fight was stupidly short, but if he truly was fodder compared to SSB , explain how in the world did Gohan even managed to knock him back after Gohan reached his fullest power. If he could've one-shotted Goku as an SSB, he would've, but he didn't.

^There like 7 people against this

ZERO - HIT THE BADASS - Vegan - Reenko - Bepo - Boom yang - somebodyData

ZERO7772 said:
You do realize I was speaking of the last thread only correct?

There is a tiny problem with that actually. Gohan knows about KK, but he doesn't know that Goku mastered it (As he wasn't there to see it for the Goku Black Arc), so unless Gohan doesn't care about Goku dying in his fight with Gohan on accident right before the tournament, Gohan would have had to be implying he wasn't going full power in SSB. Also, repointing out that he matched SSJ2 Goku nearly perfectly, and that Goku did not go SSB out of necessity, but because Gohan asked him to.

That... doesn't really make it any better.

Umm you forget Goku used SSBKK against both Toppo and Bergamo right? And Gohan watched those fights...

Dragonmasterxyz said:
ZERO7772 said:
You do realize I was speaking of the last thread only correct?
There still more people against it and they barely discussed this with them they only throw like 1-2 short replay , actually the upgrade was already done before anyone discussed anything after matt and Ant agreed with another members

It's really wrong imo , but we have this theard now so discussing this is pointless yeah

Oh lol, I forgot about that. Then yeah, you can have a point there. Though out of everything else, that seems to be the only point.

I'm just gonna repeat what I said in the last thread. We are upgrading characters way too early before they have shown much to back it up. Gohan landed 2 hits against Goku in a sparring match and suddenly that makes him universal after 5 hours of training he is even bigger prodigy than Frieza. The tournament will start in a few episodes. Let's wait till they are put in a serious fight before we upgrade them. This goes for both 17 and Gohan.

@ZERO I don't think you understand. I couldn't careless who is against it now. I was speaking specifically of that one thread. That one thread only before it closed.

Honestly I couldn't give two ***** right now as I honestly am tired of this crap. Wait for the others to comment here. Matt and Ant will likely bee here soon. They can argue further. I given my opinion on the matter. Just discuss it with the others.

^Even the wolf guy tier is BS lol but this is the wrong place to disscus that so lets just foucs on gohan

Can you guys focus on one damn character? Otherwise this thread will become a mess that won't focus on the targeted character. Handle those two after Gohan.

Can you refute what i said just now . Please don't remind me how many are against this upgrade . If they shut me down , okay i'll accept it. But, i'm not backing down just because there are 7 others agaisnt it. The difference between SSB and regular SSBKK is pretty massive, so obviously it is logical to assume the difference was too much. But, here are my statements

Goku being asked to go all out near the end , implying he wasn't pulling his punches when Gohan was told to use his maximum strength against SSB by Picollo . Meaning, the one that fought SS2 was not his maximum, supported by Picollo's statement.

Android 17 vs Goku was just as short, but was not one-shotted easily. The difference being, both were holding back in 17 Vs. SSB Goku , but in Gohan vs SSB Goku and until the end, neither were pulling their punches in their respective forms.

Goku got the better of him in his SS2 State because of Gohan's arrogance , and thinking the fight was over at several points in the fight, letting Goku captialize on such a grand opportunity .

If you refute these accurately, without calling PIS or anything , i will back down. But, telling me the number of people against me is not going to back me down.

Goku rarely if ever holds back.

If he ever once held back, he would have died against freeza and cell who were stronger then him.

3-A Gohan is fine, so is 3-A android 17.

I dont like super tbh, but It is pretty simple scaling.

Actually, the gap is 2x....

What? I don't understand this point.

I see, not sure how this has anything to do with this. However, Goku was still holding back, as he didn't he used KKx10 (We also know he didn't use it because his appearance was not that same as it was in the U6 tournament when he used KKx10)

No he didn't, at all. Gohan being arrogant was the entire point Piccolo was trying to get across a while back already. It would contradict the episode before this one.

The reason we stated the amount of people was not to make you stand down....

@Shadow not if he is holding back signifcantly.

Oh my god. Real talk, there's other revisions going on, some that need dire attention yet for some reason we keep coming back to Dragonball and Pokemon and the others end up ignored. This is why I ignore DB revisions despite knowing the series inside and out. Seriously, neither 17 nor Gohan are Universal. This is getting ridiculous. Ignoring SSG/SSB's ki control is the entire reaso why these revisions are clearly wrong, Blue does not multiply your power but grants the ability to control your ki rather than having it fluctuate like SSJ-SSJ3. That's why SSJ2 has electricity and SSJ3 has even greater electricity, that's why with each upgraded form the auras become more explosive. Remember when Goku first went Super Saiyan? Smooth-like flame aura. USSJ? More aggressive aura, SSJ2, more aggressive aura, SSJ3? more aggressive aura. Just because it isn't outright stated doesn't mean it's not true if you take the time to analyze things instead of the entire community going "ZOMG UPGRADE TIME!" Just as Sera proved with her Sonic revisions, a proper analysis of the mechanics of a verse is the only way to truly rate a series. All over the internet, the SSJB "water tank formula"/ki control analysis is agreed upon. Why are we, going to just ignore it?

@Ven

"Real talk, there's other revisions going on, some that need dire attention yet for some reason we keep coming back to Dragonball and Pokemon and the others end up ignored."

No offense, but are you suggesting that we ignore revisions of certain verses just to focus on others?

Yes, other verses will get focus over others, but that doesn't mean we need to ignore other verses in favor of others.

We don't "keep coming back" to DB and Pokemon. All verses need revisions, and we can't just ignore DB and Pokemon because "other verses need revisions".

@SBD Doubtful , why would he bother going kaioken SBB if that was the case, obviously not because of Gohan because if that was the case he would of gone full power right after Gohan asked him, instead he just went Regular old SSB and tried to take Gohan head to head and had to anyway resort to SSB Kaioken anyway.

VenomElite said:
Oh my god. Real talk, there's other revisions going on, some that need dire attention yet for some reason we keep coming back to Dragonball and Pokemon and the others end up ignored. This is why I ignore DB revisions despite knowing the series inside and out. Seriously, neither 17 nor Gohan are Universal, I will personally debunk why at a later time, but this is getting ridiculous.
I disagree with you considering the circumstance generally but I will say that respectfully.

I can name so many verse's on here that need revisions.

I think the big one off the top of my head are the manwha series: The Gamer, Tower of God etc

Some new animations that have been ignored that are relatively popular dont even have verse pages.

Define "we" Ever. Because I know for a fact that several staff do that. It's hardly debatable. You don't. I don't. But let's be real, some do.

Also,

"Blue does not multiply your power but grants the ability to control your ki rather than having it fluctuate like SSJ-SSJ3."

When was this ever a thing?

@Shadow

Gohan tells him to go full power once more after becoming SSB, that's why....

I agree with 17 at 3-A but not Gohan yet. I do think he will be by the start of the tourney though. We should wait before we give new ratings to people like Krillin, Tien, Piccolo, Roshi, 18 and Gohan.

Also, I agree with Venom on the calc stuff. It gets frustrating when all I see is Dragonball when there are so many other verses that need the focus.

The Everlasting said:
@Ven
"Real talk, there's other revisions going on, some that need dire attention yet for some reason we keep coming back to Dragonball and Pokemon and the others end up ignored."

No offense, but are you suggesting that we ignore revisions of certain verses just to focus on others?

Yes, other verses will get focus over others, but that doesn't mean we need to ignore other verses in favor of others.

We don't "keep coming back" to DB and Pokemon. All verses need revisions, and we can't just ignore DB and Pokemon because "other verses need revisions".
As a noob who is on here and not a staff member, take my opinion with a grain of salt

But say I made a post called "Wakfu Profile Creation." or "Tower of God Profile Revisions."

I am sure it will get ignored.

I made one on one piece, got hits immediately.

Made one on persona, took a few days to get any response on it.

DB can especially wait until we start universe of power tournament.

You guys tend to keep the big series under highlight for revisions.

Never once do I see one on a smaller series (even though I agree with the OP and the 3-A's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back