• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Gohan's 3-A Rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guides about this episode describes this fight as a sparring match, also the episode gave the impression that there is not that big difference in power from SS2 to SSB.

Anyone who says this forum is biased towards DBS immediatly invalidates every argument they're going to give. Regardless I think this upgrade is actually fine. For once the power scaling doesn't seem to contradict anything when we give Gohan a 3-A rating.

@Venom SSJ has already mastered the fluctuation of ki, and if SSB didn't give a boost, then SSJ2 / 3 would be more applicable and safe than SSB, even with KK

I haven't read every post on here, but I don't agree with a Gohan upgrade. At least not to 3-A. He was no match for SSJBKK Goku (which was likely only x2). It wasn't Goku's max power, but it was the only point in the fight were Goku actually tried and got serious. He wasn't serious before that, even as regular SSJB, because he obviously has a problem with not getting serious. I think the show is trying to establish that further (as if Whis hasn't itterated this enough).

Also, I know this is openning a can of worms, but I think the 17 upgrade was also a bit premature. I think the way it should have been interpreted is that 17 is too strong for Goku to use any of his weaker forms, which is what forced Goku into SSJB during their sparring session. But it doesn't necessarily mean 17 is at SSJB level.

In other words SSJB Goku > 17 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSJ3 Goku.

According this site, Goku is still only roughly solar system level with SSJ3. That leaves a massive range between SSJ3 and SSJB that 17 could be sitting in. 17 could literally be billions of times more powerful than SSJ3 and still be far below SSJB.

KinkiestSins said:
You guys tend to keep the big series under highlight for revisions.
Never once do I see one on a smaller series (even though I agree with the OP and the 3-A's)
This is wrong. We have highlighted many small series for revisions. We just don't highlight the likes of profile creation and such usually. If we feel it is a big revision we will highlight it.

Dark649 said:
The guides about this episode describes this fight as a sparring match, also the episode gave the impression that there is not that big difference in power from SS2 to SSB.
I wonder why...

Yet SSG can compete with a fraction of Beerus' power who is beyond a SSJ3 by an incomparable amount.

2x difference is enough to stomp just about anyone into the ground. 2-10X difference is a stomp regardless.

What do you not understand exactly ? Piccolo asked Gohan to use his full power when he was fighting SSB in that clash and those final moments. Meaning, he was not at full power while fighting Base, & SS2 , and was going to clash with SSB with less than his fullest power unless Piccollo told him otherwise .

I meant not holding back in regular SSB state, not KK . It was as obvious as it can be he wasn't using other forms of Kaio-Ken, otherwise he would've done so and would've said so .

If Gohan was not arrogant in this episode, explain so many times how Goku cought him off guard at least a few times This occurance does not defeat the point of this episode, as at least he was trying not to get too arrogant, but was so anyways. It was to show that Gohan still needs to overcome that weakness regardless. One doesn't immediately destroy a weakness the very next epiosde, which episodes 89 & 90 proved.

Okay. Just making sure..

Are we really going to show Ki control for SSB ? The only instance where it is POSSIBLY applicable was in Krillin's fight and when using SSBKK . That is it. I also agree with @SombodyData about that theory

This is causing way more problem than is needed tbh. We just need to decide whether to scale Gohan to SSB Goku or not.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
KinkiestSins said:
You guys tend to keep the big series under highlight for revisions.
Never once do I see one on a smaller series (even though I agree with the OP and the 3-A's)
This is wrong. We have highlighted many small series for revisions. We just don't highlight the likes of profile creation and such usually. If we feel it is a big revision we will highlight it.
Like I said, take it with a grain of salt

The 'smallest' series I see currently under highlight going through revisions is inFamous.

I am just saying that the smaller series on here need some work.

And some verse's are a mess

No SD. Kaioken cannot work with SSJ-SSJ3 because of their ki. "Super Kaioken" was filler. Anyway, yes Super Saiyan has been mastered but SSJ2 and 3 have not. Flashback to the Buu saga, Goku and Vegeta could not stay in SSJ2 for long and always reverted to full power Super Saiyans due to ki consumption and stamina issues.

I don't recall SSJ2 EVER having stamina problems. Only SSJ3 had that, and I don't think that was much of an issue by DBS.

Kaioken works with Blue because it, again, allows control over ki or you can say godly ki can be controlled. That's why freaking Zamasu can form a blade his ki (Salza could to but...non canon). Goku Black formed a scythe out of his ki. You can't do that as a SSJ.

@Ven

Goku Black's ki scythe is a very bad example as all manner of powers are dependent on their users.

It's why nobody else can use the Devilmite Beam or Boss Rabbit's carrot thing.

I think it's pretty obvious that Gohan's 3-A power is here to stay. Goku literally says Gohan is the captain of the team meaning this arc might be a Gohan centric arc rather than Goku and Vegeta.

Neither do I on SS2. I dont think it had issues per se.

Hell even Gohan held it with a broken arm so it must be only a thing for SS3.

@Dragonmaster

I am just saying and that partially proves my point I think.

I know this is a small wiki and I dont harp on it too much. But some small verses do need revisions and highlights.

The Quality of HST, DBS, Marvel and DC seem fine.

Just my thoughts.

Edit: If I have a problem with a verse, I will bring it up on a new post. I am dropping the issue.

TLDR Super scaling is fine.

I dont think we should cherry pick ki just because it is mortal or god ki.

There seems to be little difference other then people without god ki can't sense it too well.

Therefore

Zamasu Ki Blade = Vegito Beam

Generally speaking I think

The Everlasting said:
All God ki does is make you strong as hell and makes you unable to be sensed by normal people. That's it.
Basically this.

Unless I see some massive difference pop up on the tournament, this scaling seems fine.

Pfft. God ki makes you strong as hell? Shin is strong as hell? o_O

That can't be right bro several kai are weak.

Actually, despite being a god, he lacks god ki (As goku can detect him during the buu arc with IT)

VenomElite said:
Pfft. God ki makes you strong as hell? Shin is strong as hell? o_O
That can't be right bro several kai are weak.
I mean, compared to a random mortal you pick up in Universe 7, yeah

He can kick millions of the ginyu force copies I am sure and probably kick hundred of full power freeza butt's

I also would like to point out that in the episode Gohan and Goku Base were even. So that means Ultimate Gohan >>>>>>>>>>(current) SS2 Gohan = (current) SS2 Goku.

A god without god ki....yet a lesser kai like King Kai has god ki apparently. And people like such an incoherent mess...

VenomElite said:
A god without god ki....yet a lesser kai like King Kai has god ki apparently. And people like such an incoherent mess...
Opinions....and different standards. I just watch it for fun honestly.

There is also the fact that these guys were introduced before God Ki was a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back