• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Bill Cipher's upgrades

I've been reading into the Threads where Bill was upgraded:- 1 and 2

I found out that Bill was upgraded based on this AMA thread on Reddit

So my question is why was was this accepted exactly? The AMA thread was meant to be a Joke/Fun post. Even if Alex Hirsch, the creator of Gravity Falls, was pretending to be Bill and answering the questions of the fans, won't that go against the rules of Author Statements that is followed on this page? Considering many of his replies are answers on Bait Questions which I've heard is forbidden to be used on this site in case of using Author Statements. I believe if someone asked in that AMA thread "Hey Bill are you really 11 Dimensional??" and he'd have answered/replied "YES I AM"/"I AM BEYOND THE CONCEPT OF DIMENSIONS", then he'd have been upgraded to Tier 1-C/1-A by now even though there's 0 feats of him being Tier 1-C/1-A. So yeah, just asking why was Bill's upgrades accepted

That was the same reason why Composite Godzilla and Rick Sanchez were downgrade, although I think its case by case, so I don't know.

I mean it's okay if this Site allows Author Statements that doesn't Contradict any showings within the series. But that would mean I and many other DDLC fans can request Dan Salvato, the creator of DDLC, to do an AMA on DDLC subreddit as the "Real" Monika and there we can ask "Monika" various questions including if Monika has the power to destroy an Infinite number of Fictional Universes and she replies with "Yes". This could Upgrade Monika to 2-A as it doesn't contradict anything OvO

Not sure. I'm hella iffy on Bill's upgrade too, but I'll remain neutral and wait for GF peeps.

The multiversal feat itself doesn't come from WoG, it is an actual quote from the Gravity Falls novel; I think the statement of the multiverse containing infinite universe does come from the AMA tho.

Lancer45Man said:
If he has feats of 2-A or has solid statements of being 2-A then it should be there.
I thought you said Bill got upgraded to 1-C so I checked the profile.

His 2-A justification comes from the Journal that states that he is a threat to the multiverse, which contains infinite universes.

I thought you said Bill got upgraded to 1-C so I checked the profile.

His 2-A justification comes from the Journal that states that he is a threat to the multiverse, which contains infinite universes.

No?? I said "IF someone asked in that AMA thread "Hey Bill are you really 11 Dimensional??" and he'd have answered/replied "YES I AM"/"I AM BEYOND THE CONCEPT OF DIMENSIONS", then he'd have been upgraded to Tier 1-C/1-A by now even though there's 0 feats of him being Tier 1-C/1-A"

Him being 2-A via feats or statements in series is not the topic of discussion here. Him getting abilities via an AMA post is, especially since he never stated to possess or display most of those abilities in series.

I mean there are many questions that were baited imo and as such, they all need to be evaluated properly

While I don't agree with removing anything I would like to point out that Bill in the show claimed false sh*t like "REALITY IS AN ILLUSION, THE UNIVERSE IS A HOLOGRAM" and "I, SEE, EVERYTHING.. " moments before being proven wrong. Doesn't remove the fact that he informed irrefutable, simple and canon things that expanded the verse tho.

Though I legit love how this doesn't actually change much to Bill's page.

Low-Godly is legit, it comes from him forming his physical body from his 2-D essence.

Law Manip, Causality Manip, and Physics Manip don't even come from the AMA

Even if they don't contradict anything, we still can't include bait questions, that's why Godzilla and Rick were downgraded; heck, if you went to Alex and asked him if Bill can destroy infinite dimensional beings, and then he answered, "yeah, I guess", that wouldn't be contradicting anything, but it would still be a massive upgraded based on a simple "sure".

By the way most of the questions aren't bait. I read through them.

Stuff like "HUMANS ARE FAT WET BAGS OF MEAT WITHERING UNDER THE OPPRESSIVE TYRANNY OF TIME AND PUPPETEERED BY THE ARBITRARY WHIMS OF NATURAL SELECTION! I ENJOY PUTTING ON HUMAN SKIN THE WAY JACK THE RIPPER ENJOYED WEARING CLOWN MASKS! HE ASKED ME NOT TO TELL ANYONE ABOUT THAT BUT WHAT HAS HE DONE FOR ME LATELY?" and "I CAN SEE A KALEIDOSCOPE OF TEMPORAL PROBABILITY WITH FLUCTUATING RANGE! I CAN ALSO SEE THAT THERE ARE INFINITE ALTERNATE VERSIONS OF ME IN INFINITE ALTERNATE DIMENSIONS ANSWERING YOUR QUESTION WITH INFINITE VARIATION! ONE OF THEM ANSWERED BY VOMITING A STREAM OF BLOOD AND PRIME NUMBERS OUT OF HIS THIRD MOUTH!" aren't bait.

Considering the first one is Bill's own talking since the asker just asked about Shapeshifting.

The second one is that Bill's said many things that would require him to know the future. Ala "Hey Soos, you want to know the exact time and date of your death?" or "Woah! Don't have a heart attack, your not 92 yet." so it's reasonable for them to ask.

The one the OP posted is legit the only bait question.

Then I'll be real, Godzilla and Rick shouldn't have been downgraded. If it doesn't contradict anything, we can't just pretend every author dies when they're actually doing fine.

Godzilla was even worse, because like, half of his abilities, as well as his AP in God-Form (which isn't even relevant enough to have a key after we stoped using WoG) were from questions like those.

Bill is not as bad tho; so far, the only bait one seems to be the Quantum Manipulation, which wasn't even useful in combat anyway (I think).

Yeah, I can understand not taking vauge responses but none of the stuff with Bill is vague.

Back