• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding all of the recent drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Here is the Death Battle Fanon bureaucrat Arigarmy's assessment of the situation:

"If they won't respond, a public outcry isn't going to be much better. A higher-up could easily tell the person of the situation, and if I recall right, they were already stripped of status by this point, so a direct message form them doesn't seem too hard to deliver.

The way of this to stop, rather than pushing it forward, is to either pull it backward or take it a full halt. Have it be taken directly to a private area only, the public have already responded positively to their outcries of racism, it's only the convicted that have yet to respond. In my perspective, it only makes sense to filter that out and go directly to them, not everyone to find the needle in the haystack. Public drama and public outcries is one of the riskiest things to do and usually ends in catastrophes with a domino effect unless it's the only thing they can do. This is from my experience with this and directly causing it on DBF before, even if it was minor.

This is way out of hand, and it will only go forward unless it's taken out from public face and taken into an area where the higher-ups can deal with it more efficiently without causing a storm.

Words are powerful as hell, and reason is the first cause of strong emotion. This is really strong, but this isn't a correct way to deal with this kind of situation. Racism or demeanor should be tackled gently, not with full-force.

if you wish to transfer it back, that's up to you."

I agree with him, and have removed the controversial threads, along with the blog post.

I encourage everybody involved to please contact me and Azathoth via private messages instead, so we might have some chance of slowly working out a solution. Thank you.

In the meantime, it should be self-evident that any harrassment of other members within this wiki is strongly prohibited,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back