• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Okay, so I like to think that Dawn would be overpowered within the context of My Hero Academia. I mean, look at her. Dawn can levitate, communicate with animals, has some busted information manipulation, and can teleport, all without any of that nonsense being impeded by her own anatomy. And the kicker? Dawn's abilities are presumed to be magic, as Zoey believed Dawn might be a wizard. Quirks are superpowers based on biological aspects.

How does she exactly stack up against the characters? Well, I picked Ochako for this since she has one of the most situational Quirks in the entire series. A less situational quirk of any kind would be tougher to deal with at all. See, the things with Quirks is they can either be passive (ex. any animal-based Quirks), semi-passive (ex. Ms. Midnight's quirk), or active. Ochako's Quirk falls under the "Active" category. Her Quirk is basically she touches something with the tips of her fingers and she makes them float. She only got around this stipulation during the final battle against Himiko Toga.

The thing is, Dawn actually has answers to Ochako's quirk, in her case, her own levitation ability and her teleportation. Levitation because Dawn can do that whenever while Ochako would probably barf trying to do so, and teleportation because duh!

In terms of combat experience, I think it amounts to Ochako being a fighter and Dawn not being a fighter. I don't think I really need to go into any more detail than that.

In terms of AP, well, this is where things get fickle.

Ochako is rated at 7-C and the only 7-C feat I can find in the verse page is one where Shigaraki managed to do 10 kilotons of TNT. I guess Ochako scales to that.

Dawn is an odd one. Currently the Total Drama characters scale to an AP range of 12 to 47 kilotons, with 12 kilotons being guaranteed and 47 kilotons being from assumed scaling and off-putting calculations (and it looks like both ends were taken, hence the range). From what I've seen, Dawn seems to be one of the weaker characters physically and the island sinking feat weakens as less surface area is hit (bear in mind, Owen is one of the physically stronger characters despite his looks), so more than likely she scales to the 12 kiloton feat. Even then, I am considering a lore-necessary Varies rating CRT (given Varies ratings rules are basically at a point where only lore-necessary Varies ratings are allowed) for the verse because Priya's analysis of Caleb puts Caleb's physicality at "bench-pressing 350 pounds". Given Caleb is intended to be one of the stronger competitors and possibly even the strongest of that particular cast, the cracks that the makers of the show really did not see the Total Drama cast as anywhere near as strong as a nuclear warhead are pretty prominent. Hell, one of Courtney's imagined Gwen deaths in World Tour are military-grade bombs (non-nuclear at that) and they had Eva using all her strength to pull a bus, and Eva was intended to be one of the strongest of the Gen 1 cast. As I want a way to validate both the lore and the feats in the most satisfying way possible, it's much easier both physically and mentally to add in a lore-necessary Varies rating than go through that song and dance Tllmburg went through to get the cast down to 9-B. In their case, it's 9-B lore (as the strongest of AP feats the cast were willing to do without equipment are 9-B) to 7-C feats (because they're stonewalled as all hell). But that's a thread for another time.

Speed... Yeah, I think it's best to equalize speed since both combatants come from verses where travel speed sucks yet combat speed is quite impressive.

Lifting strength... Ochako has Class K normally and may step into Class M or Class G territory once her quirk's full potential is unlocked, and that's just a personal estimate based on other LS feats in the verse. As for Dawn, the best LS feats are pulled off by intentionally-strong characters, so I dunno if Dawn should even get Class K scaling from Jo, never mind Class M scaling from MacArthur.

Intelligence... I don't think the Intelligence section for Ochako painted the best picture for Ochako, with her academic smarts putting her at "Acorn Brain" and her combat experience being worthwhile. Dawn's more like the average whatever she's supposed to be intelligence-wise, yet her Information Analysis almost renders this section unnecessary. ALMOST. And while Dawn was intimidated prior to her elimination, she was up against her own team, especially Anne Maria, and I think anyone with any amount of sensibility would back away from someone with LITERAL TANK ARMOR as their hairdo.

In terms of how intimidating her opponent is, I don't think you can get less intimidating than this:
118.png

Like, that's the face a puppy would make when it's begging you to adopt them from an animal rescue shelter. You really think Dawn is gonna take Ochako seriously?

So let's get down to business, shall we?

1. This is Final Wars Ochako vs Dawn
2. Combatants start 10 meters away from one another.
3. Battle takes place in Camp Wawanakwa
4. Speed is equalized.

That being said, here are their profiles.

Ochako's Profile
Dawn's Profile

Who takes this?

I Literally Bought A Cute and Cuddly Plushie of This Girl Today: 0
Demonic Teleportation Hunter: 0
Chris McLean Puts Them Both in Coffins Because That's What Chris Does: 0

Ignore the first part it was a bit rude. I would delete it but I'm pretty sure staff can still see it so oh well. Sorry.

and dawn has better powers how? ochacko literally just touches her and she'll float to the stars, nothing from dawns arsenal is preventing that
Oof. I didn't see the precognition wasn't combat applicable.

Ochako has the LS advantage to, does Dawn even have a wincon ?

I don't know Dawn well, how about a fight?
Your precog can't be used in vs, what about teleport?
His range without him is melee.

Ochaco has been training since the beginning and the reason why he was able to go against the parade of infinite sad men in toga was because of his martial arts.
Because although Uravity does not have the best skills, she is very competent in using them, having a marked combat style, getting closer, using her martial arts, quirk and now flight to subdue the enemy and if she cannot do that, throw heavy things off the ground. sea from above or with its cables and zero satellite, no longer needing to touch things directly to use them.

Did y'all forget that Dawn has her own levitation in her favor? I don't think you can float that which can already float.

Ochako has the LS advantage to, does Dawn even have a wincon ?
Err, no? The best Class K feat I can find for Uraraka was at 418 metric tons, but Dawn is nearly 2 times stronger than that.

Teleportation should get her out of Uraraka’s gravity manipulation. I should note that Dawn can harm Scott who can take a hit from Lightning who can one-shot himself, thus making him a one-shot value above 14.75 kilotons, but if you buy the high end of the Wawanakwa sinking tanking feat, Lightning should be physically superior to Cameron who tanked that feat of 47 kilotons. So yeah, one hit and Uraraka is done for.

Her Lifting Strength with her Quirk doesn't let her restrain people so it's irrelevant here, it's literally just what she can lift.

Uraraka's physical lifting strength only scales an unknown amount above 100 Metric Tons.

If Dawn one shots here than this is indeed a stomp.

Back