• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reforged Ideals Game Thread 7

@Phoenix

"W-well I wouldn't have used the word scared. Anyway with the way you're describing his actions it almost sounds like you're defending him."

The Divine Phoenix said:
"The same as they were there. He believes that the only way to save the world is for the intelligent, which is to say, himself, to rule it. He believes humanity is foolish and doomed to fail. He'd tried recruiting me before and while I do see some points in his views, that is still not the right way to go about this." Nicholas explains.
"I see what you mean. Well, philosophy aside, I'd guess he's a arrogant prick about it. Maybe a little narcissistic and self obsessed?"

DragonEmperor23 said:
I start tapping my sheath and look at Layla.

"So, what are your current plans?"
"I haven't decided. Take over the world maybe?"

That's a joke, but I state it plainly to see how he'll react.

"It's more that I want him alive for my own purposes, specifically I want him to join me. Consider it a matter of "honor" I suppose. I consider it a disgrace to my abilities that I couldn't sway him to join me before. He and I are very similar in many ways, so perhaps that is why it sounded that way, but I was simply explaining his psychology to you, as I said, I had studied him for years." Jonathan clarifies.

"That's not quite the reason. Conflicting philosophies is mostly what it was. He and I were very alike in other regards, though he was more than a little more aggressive in his pursuits." Nicholas explains to Andrew.

@Phoenix

"I see. Well then in that case, if you can keep him out of my hair it's all the better. I'll leave any issues dealing with Nicholas to you then."

I guess I can take him off the kill list for now... at least temporarily.

@Dragon

I giggle.

"That was a joke! Something like that sounds pretty boring honestly. What I really want right now is to... gather knowledge... I guess."

"I'll deal with him, hell, I may even get him to join you. Say. What do you think of that other scientist anyways? Crunkledunk, I believe it was? I recall you not having the best first encounter with him." Jonathan asks.

"Oh and by the way, I've upgraded the functions of practically all the technology you have here." He states.

"You? Likely not. He's likely to try and convince me to join him again, so if you try stop that then he may be worth worrying about. Not that I intend to join him, just that it is worth keeping in mind." Nicholas answers.

I relax.

"Yeah, I was thinking that too. There are always people in media wanting to conquer the world, but sometimes it just seems so unrealistic. Who would want to the rule the world? It just sounds like a lot of paperwork and lawmaking once you're done actually trying to do it."

I shrug.

"Me, I'd only do it if I thought there was a good reason to. But I digress, wanting knowledge is an admirable goal."

@Pheonix

"Well, then i just need these two devices to be delivered to my main body."

The mist clone says.

@Drite

"Well Dilma, i asked Nicholas to build something for us, so there would be that.

Another thing, with my mist flames i can create objects, so i could make you a change of clothes, since yesterday you said you wanted to switch out your current ones, before we depart."

Ruby responds to her red headed and dressed girlfriend.

The Divine Phoenix said:
"I'll deal with him, hell, I may even get him to join you. Say. What do you think of that other scientist anyways? Crunkledunk, I believe it was? I recall you not having the best first encounter with him." Jonathan asks.
"Oh and by the way, I've upgraded the functions of practically all the technology you have here." He states.

"You? Likely not. He's likely to try and convince me to join him again, so if you try stop that then he may be worth worrying about. Not that I intend to join him, just that it is worth keeping in mind." Nicholas answers.
"What exactly is he looking for? Intelligence entirely? Ambition? "

@Overlord

"What kind of device?

And yeah, these cloths are cool and all, but they are dirty with some beer and sp- i mean, white stuff on them, wich is gross. So yeah, if it isn't to much for you, i would like some new cloths."

Dilma responds to her new Pyromancer Girlfriend

The Divine Phoenix said:
A different machine is using Nicholas' surveillance network to investigate and analyze what had occurred in the Amazon.
It seems the forest area was rendered alike to a white canvas, animals included.

The armor delivers the devices to Amy and Dilma through small portals.

"Intelligence, like-mindedness, power. Any of these will do, but he prefers someone to have them all. I had the first and the third, even some of the second, that's probably why he spent so much time studying me instead of just trying to kill me." Nicholas explains.

Jonathan turns to Silas before answering, "Continue ruling it of course. Ensure that the idiotic humans stop making the same mistakes as they always do, guide them down a path of success and obedience."

@Phoenix

"Oh, you mean Shitbrain? Don't tell me you want that idiot alive too? Sorry, but I'm not giving that one away so easily. Crushing his clone was a nice warm-up, but right now I'm already so close to killing the real thing. It's just a matter of whenever I feel like it really."

@Dragon

Admirable...

"Well, my reason for doing it is only so I can protect myself anyway. I just want to be left alone to my experiments, but the existence of people like Nicholas who can ruin that makes my way of life difficult."

"No, I don't particularly care for him at all. He lacks perspective. He's too flawed to be of any help to me." Jonathan answers, turning to Layla, he then turns back to Silas.

"I'm sure you've no interest in all that, though I could write out a list for you if you want."

"Crunkledunk isn't the type of person he'd want with him, maybe you or Kyouka." Nicholas replies.

I nod.

"I'd actually like that, that kind of stuff always interested me."

I turn to Layla.

"I can understand that. Having to live in fear of being interrupted must be infuriating and nerve-wracking at the same time."

Kyouka has some dragon tooth warriors continue gathering and bottling poisons while she takes out some empty gems and begins transferring energy into them. Using the upgraded capabilities of the Jeweled Sword she is able to use the energy that it draws upon in order to fill up numerous gems quickly.

Interesting man, I wonder if he will try to turn Layla against us.

"I'd personally be a bit more worried about it honestly. Maybe we should make more of a organized effort to set up defenses and cooperate in working on things. That couldnt hurt no matter what happens."

"Well, I have already upgraded my own physical body, I could set up various defenses around the Garden. I have already produced various combat tools in my other facilities as well, so if an attack does come I can bring those in too."

"Maybe we should brainstorm something with other people who can help. Kyouka and Crunkledunk might be the best candidate for that, though if you know anyone else who can work on defenses, that could help. Maybe bring Fujin and Senshi along too."

"You mean Crunkledunk?"

I respond after a moment of thought.

"He's brash and very arrogant, but just as dangerous as Nicholas under the right circumstances. He likely has clones all over and can spread his consciousness across the planet like a virus. You'd need to kill him far more than a single time to kill him."

"In a way, I'd call him more dangerous. Unlike Nicholas, who acts under a very specific sense of beliefs, Crunkledunk seems more prone to rash decisions. He could simply decide to try and vaporize this place one day." Jonathan comments, looking surprisingly relaxed for what he's saying.

"I'll write a list for you when I have the time then." He says to Silas.

"That is true, but at the same time he's more willing to play his hand where everyone can see it, meaning that it's easy to determine who randomly decided to nuke, say, India."

I think I've lost count of how many of those triple-origin bullets I've made. Oh well.

"Well, the Beach Kings' leader also had such abilities, so you may want to ask him as well. Aside from that, I will get to work on setting up more defenses." Nicholas answers, several armors and other robotic beings exit portals near him and in other areas before spreading out and beginning work.

Back