• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record of Ragnarok: Whatever the hell happened to this verse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, earth as in ground. It's literally the kanji 大 (big) and 地 (ground) put together, it meanst "vast land". The Japanese word for planet Earth is 地球.
Disappointing. F

As far as I'm concerned, Jormungandr should be FTL scaling off of the gods, which would disqualify him from KE calcs.
Nha, at the same time that its size increases its speed in relation to a normal snake, its size must impair in speed compared to other gods. And the calculation also shows the casual speed, not the attack speed.
But even without using KE, there is still GPE

1.2869716e+23*9.8*40075000 = 5.0543879e+31J

Small Planet/Low 5-B

But even without using KE, there is still GPE

1.2869716e+23*9.8*40075000 = 5.0543879e+31J

Small Planet/Low 5-B
Except that you're using its length, when what you need is the height, or I guess thickness of the snake. You then need to divide the height/thickness of the snake by 2 to find how far above the ground its center of gravity is. And this number is also big enough to where the simplified formula doesn't apply anymore and you should use the full one: Ep = |(G*M*m)/r1 - (G*M*m)/r2|

Except that you're using its length, when what you need is the height, or I guess thickness of the snake. You then need to divide the height/thickness of the snake by 2 to find how far above the ground its center of gravity is. And this number is also big enough to where the simplified formula doesn't apply anymore and you should use the full one: Ep = |(G*M*m)/r1 - (G*M*m)/r2|
The correct thing to use is the length when it comes to a snake. Also, this formula you used is for things far from the ground, silly because there is no proof that the Serpent knows how to fly

"In cases where an object is lifted very high or falls from very high up the upper formula can not be used any more. Instead the following formula should be used:

Ep = |(G*M*m)/r1 - (G*M*m)/r2|
"

The correct thing to use is the length when it comes to a snake.
It's not, because 1.2869716e+23*9.8*40075000 calculates the GPE of an object with a mass of 1.2869716e+23 kg that's 40075000 m above the Earth's surface. Jormungandr is NOT 40075000 m above the surface. Large Size Calculations state "Except for very large characters that is simply "Potential energy = mass*9.81*height of center of gravity"." The height of the snake's center of gravity would be equal to half its height like it is for every other creature.

Also, this formula you used is for things far from the ground, silly because there is no proof that the Serpent knows how to fly
Your formula is the same:

In cases where an object is lifted or falls relatively close to the surface of the earth the difference in gravitational potential energy can be calculated using the simple formula

Ep = M*g*h

Both calculate the same thing, except the first one is a simplification of the latter one which can be used if h is relatively small. But when h is as large as it is in this calc, the latter one is to be used.

It's not, because 1.2869716e+23*9.8*40075000 calculates the GPE of an object with a mass of 1.2869716e+23 kg that's 40075000 m above the Earth's surface. Jormungandr is NOT 40075000 m above the surface. Large Size Calculations state "Except for very large characters that is simply "Potential energy = mass*9.81*height of center of gravity"." The height of the snake's center of gravity would be equal to half its height like it is for every other creature.
For now I'm going to use one height assumption. 1/50 of its length.

1.2869716e+23*9.8*400750

5.0543879e+29J

Moon+/5-C

Your formula is the same:

In cases where an object is lifted or falls relatively close to the surface of the earth the difference in gravitational potential energy can be calculated using the simple formula
Ep = M*g*h

Both calculate the same thing, except the first one is a simplification of the latter one which can be used if h is relatively small. But when
"Relatively close to the surface of the earth

Again, the formula you are asking for is when a specific object is far from the earth's surface, which is not the case with RoR. Even because the Serpent was never considered capable of flying. I never really saw any calculations using this formula even with gigantic beings, because they are still on the ground. The calculation page makes it explicit that it is not a simplified version, but a version used at different times.

We no longer calculate KE in big creatures, much less PE. Plus, even if it's that big, is not necessary to completely destroy the creature, Thor only needed to punch it pretty hard in the head (or any vital point); so as Matt said, it's at most High 6-A (being generous).

As far I known, there were a revision about sizes, and animals profiles were going to be revised cuz their rating came from that reasoning. But I guess there hasn't been any official conclusion. But going for common sense, there's no reason so assume why a creature way smaller than a planet can yield the power to destroy it (not by size alone).

We no longer calculate KE in big creatures, much less PE. Plus, even if it's that big, is not necessary to completely destroy the creature, Thor only needed to punch it pretty hard in the head (or any vital point); so as Matt said, it's at most High 6-A (being generous).
It is literally said that it was the only blow that buried the Serpent, to assume that attack it was in a specific place is flawed, basically Headcanon, they literally fought. Thor is legit 5-C

So what I've gathered so far is that with Thor's statement being bunk, there is nothing to support ratings anywhere near as high as what they've got now.

I agree with the AP stuff, but the speed is fine. Firstly, nothing is mentioned anywhere about The Fist That Surpassed Time using time stop, just that it is as though it did, which lines up with the stated timeframe of 0 seconds or a timeframe that infinitely approaches 0. And secondly, no, a 0 second timeframe is counted as Infinite here. I didn't really get that myself at first but @Ultima_Reality explained it to me

Last edited:
And even if it isn't and it's just a punch that happens is exactly 0 seconds, it still wouldn't earn him infinite speed because when t=0, s=undefined.
It doesn't exactly seen to be attack happening in zero time, though, considering the scan shows a decimal expansion after the first digit, instead of just labelling it as "0" from the start, in which case, it'd be just a number that infinitely approaches 0 but never actually reaches it.

If that's really the case, then it'd be still an Infinite Speed feat, in my view, considering that the usual speed equation would just take the form of the limit of S = D/T as T → 0, which diverges into infinity anyway.

Last edited:
It never states that he stops time though? That is definitely head canon, the “exerting control over time. is extremely vauge anyway and could mean a bunch of things. Might not even mean time hax considering that it could be referencing his triumph over Chronos.
In fact considering how much of the fight is then just punching faster and faster the infinite speed makes the most sense

Either way the attack being close to [but not quite] infinite either cuz Zeus used Speed Augmentation or using Time Manipulation to speed Amp himself, is not something it scale to base Zeus (or transformed), not even Adam after seen the technic.

No time manipulation was involved. That is entirely manufactured on your part.

@Antoniofer

I don't know what you're talking about because everything you just said is wrong, other than the attack being way faster than Zeus' normal attacks but that is such a basic aspect of this argument that it's not even worth giving you points on. There is no time manipulation involved, and Adam literally dodged the attack and countered with a copied version before Zeus could react, so that argument doesn't even exist in the first place.

No time manipulation was involved. That is entirely manufactured on your part.

@Antoniofer

I don't know what you're talking about because everything you just said is wrong, other than the attack being way faster than Zeus' normal attacks but that is such a basic aspect of this argument that it's not even worth giving you points on. There is no time manipulation involved, and Adam literally dodged the attack and countered with a copied version before Zeus could react, so that argument doesn't even exist in the first place.
I think he is trying to say that zeus and adam dont normally have that speed and is only with that move

Yeah, sorry for not clearing that up. In case one argue that, after performing said movement, characters were moving at infinite speed during the rest of the fight, take into account the fight took a limited time to end (plus, most people noticed that last stand, at difference from that moment Zeus performed his special attack).

Yeah, sorry for not clearing that up. In case one argue that, after performing said movement, characters were moving at infinite speed during the rest of the fight, take into account the fight took a limited time to end (plus, most people noticed that last stand, at difference from that moment Zeus performed his special attack).
Na, their rating would only be for that move for movement/attack speed, I dont think anyone is arguing about them moving at infinite speed normally or all the time

Tho adam is able to copy it even tho it was that fast so adam would have infinite reaction speed at least

Guess you can say Eyes of the Lord (I think that is how is called) is a passive ability (at least while Adam is watching the target).

Adamas Zeus would scale above the attack, since that form forced Adam into a defensive fight that destroyed his eyes right after Adam countered the special attack.

Adamas was about using full strength and speed

But it did not have infinite speed
As we can see everyone was able to see it and time was passing by

Last edited:
Guess you can say Eyes of the Lord (I think that is how is called) is a passive ability (at least while Adam is watching the target).
Yes, the eyes of the lords is a passive ability

Ye while adam is watching he can follow and copy all the moves of the target

ehhhhhhhhh, I suppose you have a point, but at the same time that form fought on-par with Adam, who was already using his eyes to predict Zeus' attacks, immediately after Zeus not only dodged the special attack, but countered with his own before Zeus could react. It's a 50/50, really.

well, technically the eyes need to be turned on, but Adam is fast enough to turn them on whenever he needs to and it seems like his first move in a fight.

Nice taking that out of context. The page literally right before that states that "the mere mention of it's name seems to...", which is just a reputation and yet again lines up with the stated timeframe. The page, which you say is bad, having time manip doesn't make the attack time manip when it just is not time manip.

Then let's just remove the power from the profile, is not like it change his relative speed.

Nice taking that out of context. The page literally right before that states that "the mere mention of it's name seems to...", which is just a reputation and yet again lines up with the stated timeframe. The page, which you say is bad, having time manip doesn't make the attack time manip when it just is not time manip.
There is no "seems to", it says "the mere mention of its name has been said to exert control over all of time". Stop lying to my face in order to try and wank this character as having infinite speed. He doesn't, the attack just stops time. And if the timeframe isn't exactly 0 but some value aproaching 0, then it just slows time.

... the difference between what I thought it said and what it says is negligible to outright nonexistent in practice. You're still arguing based on a reputation when we have no reason to believe it to be true. Zeus is already far, far faster than basically every other god even in base, so him using an attack that is far faster than even his faster attacks being compared to controlling time isn't exactly far-fetched.

If anything, you are the one lying to everyone else, even yourself because coming to the conclusions you have requires some potent self-delusion.

And no, nothing about the timeframe infinitely approaching 0 has anything to do with time manip, yet again.

i'm pretty sure the Fist that surpassed time is ment to be Time Stop, what with everything blacked out which in fiction is commonly used to indicated that time was stopped

Last edited:
1. And like every other hit that zeus made we have the timer so why would this one be treated diferent?
Which the whole narrative is about how zeus is not going to use anything but his stats, no hax or anything the like

2. "His mere mention Has been said to stop time"

3. "Well or does not approach 0" Ultima already address this part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back