• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record of Ragnarok Downgrade

"Whats up with the obsession with highballing and only choosing statements when there are feats contradicting them." It wasn't even Thor himself who said that, it's already just a myth foretold in tales but has nothing backing them up.
I am refering to shattering earth thing

Well, most likely. Of course authors intent didn't matter when I said if he cared about doubling down on characters being 5-B. He mostly certainly could have but didn't.
He quite literally did, which is why people have contentions with your flagrant usage of the word "hyperbolic", if he's constantly either gave statements, implications or supporting feats then that shows a level of consistency that would take precedent over your personal interpretation of those stated things.

Yeah I was referencing earlier so don't worry too much about that part ig
Aight.

"Constantly" not really, no. Only 1, maybe 2 with a push if we count Adam's Zeus, statements exist regarding 5-B. All we know that God's constantly fight thunderstorm creators and other gods who can split seas and land. It seems its more constantly getting pushed for continental to multi-continental if we are generous and would still fall in line with statements such as "shatter the earth" or destroy heaven when they arent quantifiable. So yeah, still leaning towards "possibly" ratings for Gods regarding 5-B stuff. Pretty sure verses have done that in the past with far clearer statements and showings.
Multiple statements which constantly imply or directly state 5-B level feats then i would consider that as "constantly" but that's down to semantics, depends on how large said thunderclouds are, and what "splits seas and land" actually means, since both can result in High 6-A to Tier 5 results when given further context. Which would corroborate the multiple statements about "shattering the earth" (which is a very direct statement imo) or "destroying heaven", so i wouldn't say that they're consistently "continental to multi-continental" without further context added. Also definitely wouldn't say both feats aren't "quantifiable" per say, at least the Thor statement which seems very direct in its meaning, so i'd disagree with that assertion.

I'm fine with "at least 7-B, possibly/like 5-B" as well, but i'm definitely leaning towards the solid 5-B rating personally.

Independently is the statement are hypervole/flowey language, Thor's shattering the Earth is vague: people interprete as utterly destroying Earth, but shatter can also be used to simply inflicting damage, impair or crush, so even destroying the planet's surface, partially or completely, would be considered shattering the planet.

Same as Hajun, destroying half Helheim is not necessary destroying clearly and half a planet, by creating havoc destroying haf of the citizen and infraestructure is already considered that the domain (Helheim) is half destroyed. Same reason can apply to Shiva's statement on Zeus, he could simply not hold himself and spread havoc in Heaven.

Adam copies the technique not the strength and speed. At the end we see that Adam while blind is still fast enough to grab Zeus and strong enough to hold him in hold. A continued to damage him while blind. By your logic Adam would be too slow to grab him and too weak to hold and damage, which isn’t the case. Adam’s strength is not copy-based its only techniques he copies.
That's because Adam also keeps those attributes. I never said he suddenly stop being as strong as the copied strength and speed and why I disagree with people who think Adam scales to his opponents.
Yes, lower tier/fodder gods, who as re still beings stronger than most of humanity are defeated by the most exceptional of humans that exist. But yeah, there are some super strong humans like Qin, Lu Bu and Adam who can harms gods without the use of a Volund. Although still weaker need them for the rag gods.
And those people who can harm Gods don't have feats remotely close to planet level, even statements. Quite the opposite.
I guess a lollipop handle/stick is “divine”.
It was specified it's Buddha's lollipops so probably, and their exceptionally tasty.
But yeah, its almost like a genre of manga that limits it settings kinda can’t have people displaying their best destructive capacities, so relies on giving statements to portray their characters levels.
It's one thing to limit while the tournament is on going but no reason to do it in their flashbacks when going all out. If authors intent was truly to solidify planet level Gods, he would do it but hasn't.
Its almost like the constant need for a displaying such level feats of destructive capacity destructive capacity because ethe authors have limited themselves into a setting that is not suitable for it and use the statements to convey their strengths, while also using the backstories as ways to engage an audience with a character instead of just blowing up shit so that manga wouldn’t be bland and have actual substance. You also forget about difference destructive capacity and attack potency, where a character can be a certain level without the need of them displaying feats on that level.
And author also has an answer to the limiting tournament setting in the present, their memories and flashbacks.
Almost like there’s a difference between being hit with a rock by a normal human and being hit by a rock by someone who can output star level forces. (The star level is an example, don’t take seriously since I feel like you’d think I’m saying their star level).
Yeah, so who you talking about exactly and can you provide scans?
My guy, I’m sure you can understand who he is referring to when he says “humans are strong”. Surely, it’s the humans who have fought and had their strengths increased, rather than the Billions of REGULAR humans in the stand and throughout history that did nothing. If not, yikes.
It's more so that Zeus was proving wrong and humans can be strong. They have their own feats that they perform that even Gods get compared to and vice versa.
Addressed this before and so have others.

To break things down for you. Not every verse is going to give you feats, in those cases we look for other methods to scale such as statements. There is nothing wrong with that, when looking at these statements we also look at the setting of the verse, how its structured, what has the author written and if their are any contradictions. As many people known, tournament manga are notorious for providing statements for characters but nothing showing feats because the authors back themselves into a corner were they can't.
He quite literally can. Flash backs. And more straight forward statements instead of 1 or 2 genuinely valid ones. He could have even done it when it flashed back to titanomachia tournament yet all we know is that Kronos was defeated and covered in chains. In fact, he could have shown Thor fighting the world serpent but didn't. He could have elaborated on how Shiva would destroy the planet. But he didn't. And because he didn't, all we are left for is actual feats we should judge the characters by and see if they line up with statements. Even a fraction of it can be showcased in the past.
A statement with zero fan calc feats doesn't make the statement invalid. Sometimes statements is all we have and have to deal with it. The games the game.
A statement with no feats and bad scaling makes it invalid unless actually shown. That's all. Gods from record of ragnarok really do just deserve "possibly/likely" rating until we get more information in the future. That's all.

Same as Hajun, destroying half Helheim is not necessary destroying clearly and half a planet, by creating havoc destroying haf of the citizen and infraestructure is already considered that the domain (Helheim) is half destroyed. Same reason can apply to Shiva's statement on Zeus, he could simply not hold himself and spread havoc in Heaven.
I don't think Hujun's one is used, pretty sure everyone know its not valid.

More staff members are online so I'll try and annoy them into evaluating the thread now.
W
He quite literally did, which is why people have contentions with your flagrant usage of the word "hyperbolic", if he's constantly either gave statements, implications or supporting feats then that shows a level of consistency that would take precedent over your personal interpretation of those stated things.

Aight.
He didnt do it constantly that's for sure and they do have many interpretations.
Multiple statements which constantly imply or directly state 5-B level feats then i would consider that as "constantly" but that's down to semantics, depends on how large said thunderclouds are, and what "splits seas and land" actually means, since both can result in High 6-A to Tier 5 results when given further context.
Still 2 tiers bellow actual planet level and far weaker than it might seem. And that's if they result in high 6-A results. The storm themselves only go to the horizon usually.
Which would corroborate the multiple statements about "shattering the earth" (which is a very direct statement imo) or "destroying heaven", so i wouldn't say that they're consistently "continental to multi-continental" without further context added. Also definitely wouldn't say both feats aren't "quantifiable" per say, at least the Thor statement which seems very direct in its meaning, so i'd disagree with that assertion.
Eh, it's not really direct when a High 6-A can achieve the same meaning. And destroying something like a planet with Zeus speed certainly wouldn't be out the question if done over time.
I'm fine with "at least 7-B, possibly/like 5-B" as well, but i'm definitely leaning towards the solid 5-B rating personally.
It's fine I just think possibly works better until more statements show up, maybe even feats referencing Titanomachia.

people interprete as utterly destroying Earth, but shatter can also be used to simply inflicting damage, impair or crush, so even destroying the planet's surface, partially or completely, would be considered shattering the planet
Well "shatter" in the context of an object or structure, such as Earth would be more so "to break (something) into pieces, as by blow" rather than something like "impair" which more so references stuff like physical health.

Also i completely disagree with your assertion about "destroying the planet's surface would be considered as shattering the planet", that requires much more assumptions in my opinion, the statement is very direct in its assertion about destroying the Earth specifically, not the Earth's surface. You'd require a higher preponderance of evidence to assume he's talking about the surface of the planet instead of the planet itself.

Well "shatter" in the context of an object or structure, such as Earth would be more so "to break (something) into pieces, as by blow" rather than something like "impair" which more so references stuff like physical health.

Also i completely disagree with your assertion about "destroying the planet's surface would be considered as shattering the planet", that requires much more assumptions in my opinion, the statement is very direct in its assertion about destroying the Earth specifically, not the Earth's surface. You'd require a higher preponderance of evidence to assume he's talking about the surface of the planet instead of the planet itself.
Even if the author doesn't specify "earths surface" it would still fall in line with shattering the earth if only the surface was destroyed and be consistent with other high 6-A interpretations others have proposed regarding the world serpent and etc.

Even if the author doesn't specify "earths surface" it would still fall in line with shattering the earth if only the surface was destroyed and be consistent with other high 6-A interpretations others have proposed regarding the world serpent and etc.
K? doesn't address the fact it would still require a higher preponderance of evidence to assume that compared to assuming it's referencing the Earth in its entirety.

K? doesn't address the fact it would still require a higher preponderance of evidence to assume that compared to assuming it's referencing the Earth in its entirety.
Both statements would work with having multi-continental attacks perform the destruction. After all, shattering the earth would still be doing it on multi-continental scale even if it's not as you imagined and having it split down the middle or whatever total destruction people think such statements are required to have. Not that I really care about it since it's still wouldn't change the fact that "possibly" is the better option overall.

Both statements would work with having multi-continental attacks perform the destruction. After all, shattering the earth would still be doing it on multi-continental scale even if it's not as you imagined and having it split down the middle or whatever total destruction people think such statements are required to have. Not that I really care about it since it's still wouldn't change the fact that "possibly" is the better option overall.
No they wouldn't? that's just blatantly false, shattering the earth into pieces would completely override its GBE, which is a 5-B feat.

No it would be doing it on a planetary scale since it would effect the planet in its entirety.

That wouldn't fall under the definition of shattering though, which necessarily requires the object to be broken into pieces, something that isn't possible if you split an object down the middle.

Don't argue against this point dude, since it isn't going to go well with you since you're arguing an assertion which requires higher levels of evidence to assume, something you don't have.

No they wouldn't? that's just blatantly false, shattering the earth into pieces would completely override its GBE, which is a 5-B feat.

No it would be doing it on a planetary scale since it would effect the planet in its entirety.

That wouldn't fall under the definition of shattering though, which necessarily requires the object to be broken into pieces, something that isn't possible if you split an object down the middle.

Don't argue against this point dude, since it isn't going to go well with you since you're arguing an assertion which requires higher levels of evidence to assume, something you don't have.
Why would it when shattering the surface is still shattering the earth itself into pieces, just not on as a large scale as you imagine. In the end I don't care to argue this point since it doesnt overwrite the "possibly" proposal.

Doesn't affect the "possibly" proposal, but just to note, when you search up a shattered object, though images do show total destruction, it's not always. You can also find partially shattered things on a glass ball or of images of earth. Definitely something that could be caused by mutli-continent level to moon level or small planet level.

Anyway, will staff be evaluating the CRT and have they responded to people asking for then to evaluate? I myself will not stay up long since it's already late for me.

Why would it when shattering the surface is still shattering the earth itself into pieces, just not on as a large scale as you imagine
I got a question and i don't mean to sound rude at all but are you actually reading my arguments carefully? I've addressed this in my response to Antoniofer and you haven't really contested it correctly at all imo.

but just to note, when you search up a shattered object, though images do show total destruction, it's not always

We don't go off of images we search up on google, we go by the definitions of words....

You can also find partially shattered things on a glass ball or of images of earth. Definitely something that could be caused by mutli-continent level to moon level or small planet level
The statement doesn't denote "partial" shattering, it's most likely referencing complete shattering since it doesn't make the distinction between "partial" and "complete", which means we'd usually assume the claim with the least amount of assumptions, which would be "complete" assumption given the lack of distinction made.

But since you're already fine with the "possibly" proposal i'm fine with dropping this, but please don't debate this topic again since it doesn't help your argument for your position at all.

If a "possibly" 5-B rating is what the majority decides on then I'm fine with that, it's not like it really effects stats other than adding a possibly, though I still believe that a solid-rating is what's most appropriate.

I got a question and i don't mean to sound rude at all but are you actually reading my arguments carefully? I've addressed this in my response to Antoniofer and you haven't really contested it correctly at all imo.
Probably not since I'm too tired to care anymore and I'm living on coffee every 2 minutes.

We don't go off of images we search up on google, we go by the definitions of words....
Just an example and it would still fulfill the authors intent of even earth being shattered.
The statement doesn't denote "partial" shattering, it's most likely referencing complete shattering since it doesn't make the distinction between "partial" and "complete", which means we'd usually assume the claim with the least amount of assumptions, which would be "complete" assumption given the lack of distinction made.
Shattering is shattering. Both work fine without being complete destruction and all that.
But since you're already fine with the "possibly" proposal i'm fine with dropping this, but please don't debate this topic again since it doesn't help your argument for your position at all.
Yeah, let's just drop this I guess. It doesn't matter to the possibly proposal.

If a "possibly" 5-B rating is what the majority decides on then I'm fine with that, it's not like it really effects stats other than adding a possibly, though I still believe that a solid-rating is what's most appropriate.
I think possibly works fine under how it's defined here for this series. But yeah, I guess it will be dependent on the majority.

So, High 6-A, possibly 5-B is what your going for now?
No. Still remains as "At least 7-B, possibly 5-B", the talk for 6-A/High 6-A was started so I kind of rolled with it. I think someone mentioned that the tournament arena shaking is really high and there are other continental feats such as splitting the sea or land or whatever. But they would still need to have a value attached to mean something like from calcs.

Pretty sure the tournament arena is enough to house the entire dead population of humanity, which is in the hundred billions. So shaking something that enormous would be an absolutely staggering feat.

Pretty sure the tournament arena is enough to house the entire dead population of humanity, which is in the hundred billions. So shaking something that enormous would be an absolutely staggering feat.
Yeah a quick Google search showed that 117billion humans have ever lived.

In this CRT I want to discuss the current ratings of Record of Ragnarok characters. Mostly their 5-B ratings. I will try to go through the statements in order.
Aight, how did I miss this one? So I'll be responding directly to the OP

Mjolnir can shatter the earth and Thor can tear apart the land and the seas.

In Thor's fight against Lu Bu, it is stated that Mjolnir can shatter the earth. There are 2 main problems I have with this statement.
  1. It's a hyperbole
  2. Even if it's literal, it's too vague.
I feel like the best way to describe this is AP vs DC. Mjolnir could definitely be 5-B (Or High 6-A if you think the statements are vague) and still not be destroying the planet with every hit. I'd like to believe the World Serpent's interpretation is the same as the myth where he's big enough to encircle the world but that's likely headcanon. And while yes, Heimdall does hype up characters, notice just how consistently the planet-level statements are brought up. Also, the Low 7-B feat was performed by a pre-Volund Lu-Bu, and all the feats performed by humans on their own weren't considered a threat to them during the very first chapter. Even Jack the Ripper with the Volund took clean hits from Hercules yet was still standing, and that guy was 9-C in his human form. It's clear just how much the Volund really amps the humans to those levels

Zeus destroying the heaven

When Zeus went in his Adamas form, Shiva says "Don't go destroying heaven now, y'hear." It basically has the same problem as Thor's statement. It's extremely vague and a hyperbole.
For starters, there are many ways you can destroy something. Even overtime. Secondly, Shiva could very well be exaggerating and saying he has become really strong. What's more, Zeus simply has no feats on Planet level scale.
Again, it's literally consistent with the multiple planet-level statements. Also, considering Shiva has 2 statements of his own, this could very well be confident that Zeus can indeed do that. Especially since just Base Zeus made Shiva sit out a fight just by threatening him. Be aware, this is the same Zeus who thought the Big Bang was a thrill, an actual phenomenon.

Shiva the destroyer and creator of worlds
The simplest way to debunk this, is to just read the manga and realize nothing what was said happened. Shiva activated Tandava Karma and started to combust. Did the world get destroyed? No. Did the world get recreated from ash? No. Hell, Shiva himself didn't even burn to ash since we saw him go back to the entrance. So, it's just flowery language and got contradicted literally moments later.
First, the world they were on could simply just be another planet, looking back at it, it was never stated to be Earth. So yes, he very well could've created the Earth well after fighting all the gods. Also, creation feats do scale to AP, this would be Planet level with Heimdall's 'on a whim' statement implying little to no timeframe being required. And again, back to the AP vs DC argument, just cuz their fight didn't destroy the planet, doesn't mean they don't have the AP. Also, titles actually do hold meaning for gods, Poseidon was stated as being the most feared god because the gods literally piss themselves around his presence. Also, no one seemed to be against Zeus being the Grandfather of the Cosmos. Also, you pretty much answered your question, Shiva only after combusting would recreate the world. He went back to the entrance because he was able to end the fight before he could combust.

Hajun destroying half of Helheim

In round 6 when Buddha fought Zerofuku, something happened. Hajun emerged. In the tales of Helheim and their inhabitants there was a monster long ago. It's name was Hajun. In the stories passed down, it is said that Hajun destroyed half of Helheim. The problem with this, is that it doesn't indicate that half of the planet or even the realm was destroyed. Since moments later it is verbatim stated that Helheim was rebuilt. And in the context of both destroying and rebuilding Helheim, buildings are shown. So, the simplest answer to this statement would be that Hajun destroyed cities and landscapes. Not the planet or even the realm. Which isn't surprising since none of the feats from Hajun are Planet level.
The issue with this is that we never see the realms in their entirety (we only see the walls of Asgard and few city blocks, we only see a garden in heaven). But there is a map that indicates that all the realms are of the same size so it should be similar to Earth. So no, them just showing the buildings doesn't mean that's all that was destroyed, they usually mean a civilization resides there, which is why they need to reconstruct buildings so civilization can continue.
Conclusion

Record of Ragnarok is filled with flowery language, hyperboles and simply has no feats to back up Planetary levels of power. Not only that, the statements themselves are extremely vague where besides Planet interpretations, one could just as well come to the conclusion of them being far lower ranging from city to mountain to island levels and etc.
The planet-level statements as well as the powerscaling just make the statements more consistent if anything. Though if you do still think that the statements are somewhat vague, then High 6-A could be a possibility.

Aight, how did I miss this one? So I'll be responding directly to the OP

I feel like the best way to describe this is AP vs DC. Mjolnir could definitely be 5-B (Or High 6-A if you think the statements are vague) and still not be destroying the planet with every hit. I'd like to believe the World Serpent's interpretation is the same as the myth where he's big enough to encircle the world but that's likely headcanon. And while yes, Heimdall does hype up characters, notice just how consistently the planet-level statements are brought up. Also, the Low 7-B feat was performed by a pre-Volund Lu-Bu, and all the feats performed by humans on their own weren't considered a threat to them during the very first chapter. Even Jack the Ripper with the Volund took clean hits from Hercules yet was still standing, and that guy was 9-C in his human form. It's clear just how much the Volund really amps the humans to those levels
Idk about everyone but some seem to agree this is the most straight forward statement and thus would grant a "possibly 5-B" rating. Also, the planet level statements really arent constantly brought up like they seem. And I don't care about your Volund explanation since PowerToScale did a better job at it.
Again, it's literally consistent with the multiple planet-level statements. Also, considering Shiva has 2 statements of his own, this could very well be confident that Zeus can indeed do that. Especially since just Base Zeus made Shiva sit out a fight just by threatening him. Be aware, this is the same Zeus who thought the Big Bang was a thrill, an actual phenomenon.
I'm just going to copy and paste @Antoniofer thoughts on this since I agree with him.
Or even if we literally interpret Zeus destroying heaven then it can be done over time with whatever his actual AP is.
First, the world they were on could simply just be another planet, looking back at it, it was never stated to be Earth.
What? The story literally takes place in India and nothing even implies other planet creation or destruction other than the Earth or that his backstory would take place outside of it. Even narratively it makes more sense since Shiva is from the Hindu pantheon IIRC.
So yes, he very well could've created the Earth well after fighting all the gods.
Never stated and he was a kid when Earth was already created and all we know is that Shiva lived in India.
Also, creation feats do scale to AP, this would be Planet level with Heimdall's 'on a whim' statement implying little to no timeframe being required.
On a whim simply means suddenly deciding to or something along the lines, it has nothing to do with time frames. And no, creation doesn't scale to your AP unless it has a good reason to. Here, it doesn't.
And again, back to the AP vs DC argument, just cuz their fight didn't destroy the planet, doesn't mean they don't have the AP.
Problem isn't that they didn't destroy planets in the tournament, the problem is there are no such feats even outside of them and can just as well be interpreted on a lower level.
Also, titles actually do hold meaning for gods, Poseidon was stated as being the most feared god because the gods literally piss themselves around his presence.
No, they don't.
Also, no one seemed to be against Zeus being the Grandfather of the Cosmos.
Because it's just a title and means nothing.
Also, you pretty much answered your question, Shiva only after combusting would recreate the world. He went back to the entrance because he was able to end the fight before he could combust.
Uh, no. Once he started combusting, the world would be destroyed and recreated from ash with Shiva himself burning to ash and being reborn. The myth literally contradicted itself.
The issue with this is that we never see the realms in their entirety (we only see the walls of Asgard and few city blocks, we only see a garden in heaven). But there is a map that indicates that all the realms are of the same size so it should be similar to Earth. So no, them just showing the buildings doesn't mean that's all that was destroyed, they usually mean a civilization resides there, which is why they need to reconstruct buildings so civilization can continue.
Except that isn't the context. All we know is Hajun creating havoc, destroying buildings and landscapes and then disappearing. If it was rebuilt and it shows buildings, then least amount of assumptions would just mean city level type of destruction, not literally planet level or inter galactic.
The planet-level statements as well as the powerscaling just make the statements more consistent if anything.
It doesnt. Powerscaling does the opposite if we compare them to humans. Hell, even Gods themselves vary from canon ball level to tearing the seas.
Though if you do still think that the statements are somewhat vague, then High 6-A could be a possibility.
They are vague save for Thors statement which most seem to agree would allow them to have their "possibly 5-B" ratings. Other than that they should be at least city level or whatever stadium feats someone else wants to calc. Or cloud feats Idc. (Don't even know if someone will do it, would be great)

And I have pretty much responded to your arguments made by different people so yes, this is a pretty bare bones response since I'm merely waiting for staff to evaluate it and too tired to care today.

Independently is the statement are hypervole/flowey language, Thor's shattering the Earth is vague: people interprete as utterly destroying Earth, but shatter can also be used to simply inflicting damage, impair or crush, so even destroying the planet's surface, partially or completely, would be considered shattering the planet.

Back