• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

Detroit was already bad, knowing that people in Detroit scale Lu Bu above Adam or Zeus makes me fear it even more.
It's the first time I've seen this, it's also the first time I've seen any form of Shiva being above any form of Zeus in a tier list.

Heimdall not being able to keep up with Lu Bu and Thor once they get serious, Lu Bu dealing with Mjölnir from his blind spot, being relative to Thor > Loki who was only hyped at fighting Adamas etc. Bro is built different.
Why are you using Heimdall as a measuring stick...?

Cuz his eyeballs work? Like, should we dismiss Hermes and Ares seeing Poseidon afterimages or …?
Based on the logic of Heimdall being used as a speed measuring stick Zeus is still faster anyway cause Zeus > Poseidon and Poseidon > Heimdall.

I don't even agree with this logic but even using it you're wrong.

Reading back Heimdall was still able to see their movements anyways. He never straight up says he can't see their movements, and then proceeds to accurately describe the movement of both Lu Bu and Thor's Hammer in detail literally immediately after saying "I can't keep up!" In a vague manner meant for more hype than anything.

Apperantely lifting strength can be obtained from jumping, so this could be a useful LS feat
jLgSfkW.png

Reasons each fighter was picked

Lü Bu: One of the few fighters that can actually match Thor, at least with base Mjölnir, in raw power. Would've stomped Thor if Brünhilde's prediction about Járngreipr had been right.

Adam: Picked due to Brünhilde not wanting the gods to get the lead, put against Shiva. Adam would've been a great match against Shiva since he's one of the best hand-to-hand fighters and he outclasses Shiva is raw power. Divine Reflection is the perfect counter against Tandava since it'll just copy it no matter what.

Sasaki Kojirō: Elected himself to go up, nonetheless, Brünhilde gets the final say. Kojirō is basically the only fighter that can keep up with Poseidon's speed, especially after training nonstop for four hundred years.

Jack the Ripper: Picked specifically because Brünhilde knew Heracles would be fighting due to his honor and how greatly he's respected. Due to his honor, Brünhilde fed him to Jack who fought entirely with tricks. By the time Heracles made the first step, Jack was on step fifteen. Heracles is also one of the few gods that would let Jack get away with most of his bullshit.

Tameemon Raiden: Put up against Shiva since he's only of the few humans that can match him in raw power and keep up with him in a fist fight. A class between martial artists, Raiden may be a little slower but he's able to take multiple hits well, which is good since Shiva has Tandava.

Buddha: Buddha was picked by Zeus to fight and betrayed the gods, Brünhilde had counted on him switching back to humanity but had no influence over who he'd fight and just hoped he'd merc'd his opponent.

Qin Shi Huang: While outclassed in terms of power, Qin's fighting style counters Hades's use of brute force. Bubbles basically ****** Hades over since he had no way of avoiding them by the end (Coating himself in blood was a good idea, but it was done to activate Demos which led to his defeat)

Nikola Tesla: Tesla sure....He sure.....Um, he was sure able to land one direct hit during his fight, yeah. I guess that's better than none. Was able to barely survive Chaos by using Tesla Coils, not sure if Brünhilde even knew about this technique.

King Leonidas: Much, much stronger than his opponent and can take a hit really well. One of the strongest humans, Brünhilde was probably hoping that Apollo's cockiness would lead to him making a dumb decision that would end with Leonidas scoring a direct hit on him (More needs to be seen with this fight)

Last edited:
Tesla shouldve been sent to fight Shiva tbh.

He lacks the raw physical power Raiden has, but can somewhat make up for it with the explosive force behind his punches. Has his own footwork and speed amps to keep up with Shiva’s, and is MUCH smarter and trickier then Raiden is due to his suits gimmicks.

Thematically, one of mankinds greatest “creators” going up against one of the gods greatest “destroyers” would be pretty interesting as well.

Tesla shouldve been sent to fight Shiva tbh.

He lacks the raw physical power Raiden has, but can somewhat make up for it with the explosive force behind his punches. Has his own footwork and speed amps to keep up with Shiva’s, and is MUCH smarter and trickier then Raiden is due to his suits gimmicks.

Thematically, one of mankinds greatest “creators” going up against one of the gods greatest “destroyers” would be pretty interesting as well.
Shiva would've cooked that ************ alive
william-afton.gif

Last edited:
On the topic of scaling, is there any agreed upon top tiers that scale to 5-B and lower characters that down scale to Low 5-B+?
From what I saw, not much.

The guide seems to focus more on the character they were based on and interesting facts about it than on the manga itself.

Like talking about the mythological origin of Bel, or talking about what Apollo was like in Greek mythology.

For lifting strength feats that could be calced for future use (Most top tiers already scale to a calc of Lü Bu throwing some rocks :

Lü Bu throws a flag -
43m1W7C.jpg

y02ZYjP.jpg

HcQzV1T.png

Heracles jumps -
jLgSfkW.png

Jack the Ripper throw a clock -
ZDeqwb1.png

Jack throws a cannonball -
W0fNKh5.jpg

qP9bWEF.jpg

lNItkcw.jpg

Humpty Dumpty crushes a cannonball -
L9wVE83.jpg

Base Shiva throws some ************* during his youth -
FV9ux0M.png

Spartans push opens a door -
u9HcMPN.png

2mQEKRU.png

Spartans do some weightlifting -
YECLCqX.png

1AEXIDA.png

Which humans do you think Adam wins? Considering that it does not store the copied techniques (since they are currently possible)

Speaking of which, do you think Adam can use divine reflection to see the movements of humans? Like, okay he can't copy, but what about seeing? In the same way as with the fist that surpasses time.

I didn't go into this subject in my crt, so I think at the moment it's accepted that he can still use his power to see movements.

Divine Reflection clearly increases combat speed, allowing him to react to Zeus' Time Transcendent Fist, so it's clearly not just a copy ability.

Back