• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

Divine Reflection only works on gods though, Adam can only replicate the divine (Unless you want to make an argument but völundr having an affect

Divine Reflection only works on gods though, Adam can only replicate the divine (Unless you want to make an argument but völundr having an affect
That's not why he wins lol. Divine Reflection boosts Adam's combat speed regardless of whether or not the opponent is Divine or not.

Plus he's just straight up scaling higher than most humans because Divine Reflection doesn't increase one's strength, yet he was still Boxing with Zeus.

That's not why he wins lol. Divine Reflection boosts Adam's combat speed regardless of whether or not the opponent is Divine or not.

Plus he's just straight up scaling higher than most humans because Divine Reflection doesn't increase one's strength, yet he was still Boxing with Zeus.
Adam isn't copying any of the other humans moves, he's a reflection of the divine. He still outstats over the other humans by a lot but Divine Reflection ain't working.

Adam isn't copying any of the other humans moves, he's a reflection of the divine. He still outstats over the other humans by a lot but Divine Reflection ain't working.
...i didn't say he was copying anyone's moves. I said he gets a speed boost separate of his copying ability.

Divine Reflection's combat speed boost =/= Divine Reflection's "reflection".

I always thought Divine Reflection gave him some kind of prediction or otherwise allowed him to perceive attacks differently.

Feels weird for an eye ability to also give a boost to speed👽.
Lots of things in RoR feel weird, but you don't see me complaining 🗿
Well, divine reflection was only shown as an two enemys (Zeus and god snake) and there was only one sentence to explain it, which is the ability to copy.

Some think that Adam sees things slower with his power and then dodges normally, others think that his eyes make him dodge automatically, and others think that he doesn't use the power of his eyes to dodge. Until he only moved/followed the fist that exceeds time after copying the technique, according to hermes.

We don't even know how mimicry works on guys with weapons or more supernatural/magical powers, because now that the fist that surpasses time no longer has time manipulation, it's just a ridiculous increase in speed, but still a "physical" thing.

I'm not surprised that everyone has a different interpretation of this ability.

round-9-ends-next-issue-v0-esm7bahlbsqb1.png

HUH?!!?

"Apollo and Leonidas unleash their final attacks, as round 9 comes to an end." ******* already?

Apparently Apollo has a bow that is said to shoot at the speed of light and apparently Leonidas couldn't react to the shots.
[SPOILER/]

Apparently Apollo has a bow that is said to shoot at the speed of light and apparently Leonidas couldn't react to the shots.
[SPOILER/]
Knew this was coming with
Apollo and being a god of light. Was waiting for it as the current FTL everyone scaling is a bit wonky.

The only Gods (In Ragnarok tournament) so far that I know that would
FTL are Zeus and Poseidon. You might make arguments for other

To add onto this, I don't see any reasonable case for ignoring him.

His statement isn't contradicted by anyone in verse. It's so fast Zeus confirms only characters at his level could do anything against it, and it flat-out perception blitzed everyone else. Even Leo himself doesn't scale outside of pure instinctual reaction, which is hyped up as literally the only way he could even touch the technique at all.
Hell, not even Apollo himself scales to his arrows in speed, he got blitzed by a single ricochet.

The only thing that should be thrown out is the light-speed statement.

TGZ6nWd.png

Jack was a child that wasn’t born out of love, his mother had him because she was impregnated by a man who she loved but didn’t love her back. The two lived in the slums together and Jack was born with a “gift” that would warp his mental state.
F9bFmYGbwAAqqEG

F9bFnPsakAAkTUZ

F9bFz-9a8AAoTSk

F9bF1MEaIAAfr-2

Kojirō lived his life how he wanted to do; everything he achieved was by his own hand. From the ability he used to slay a god down to the moment he died, Kojirō was a free spirit who walked to Earth by his own desire.

F9bF5rRakAAmY1V

F9bF79xbAAAZuVb

F9bF87cbQAAycWB

F9bF-FRboAAzxUX

Okita was abandoned by his family and taken in by Kondō. He was the closest thing to family for him. Before their deaths, Kondō and Okita made a promise to each other that they’d always be by each other's sides no matter what, but unfortunately, Kondō had to sacrifice him for the greater good of the Shinsengumi, and because of that, Okita died alone without being able to fulfill his promise to Kondō. But to make matters worse, Okita did not die on the battlefield like he wanted, but instead died in bed due to tuberculosis.
F9bHaihbkAAt8vO

F9bHciSbEAAaoxb

F9bHdTubsAA8Hcx

F9bHeIubQAE5JsG

Based off of what one of the leakers had said "The next human fighter is someone who has already been watching and following the previous fights" I had thought that Nostradamus might've been stepping up to the plate since humanity just suffered two loses in a row, Brünnhilde might've wanted to prevent the gods from gaining a lead by throwing out her joker. But based off of Okita's reaction from Leonidas's speech, I'm thinking it might be him next. Anubis vs Okita would make he most sense, in that case.

TGZ6nWd.png

Jack was a child that wasn’t born out of love, his mother had him because she was impregnated by a man who she loved but didn’t love her back. The two lived in the slums together and Jack was born with a “gift” that would warp his mental state.
F9bFmYGbwAAqqEG

F9bFnPsakAAkTUZ

F9bFz-9a8AAoTSk

F9bF1MEaIAAfr-2

Kojirō lived his life how he wanted to do; everything he achieved was by his own hand. From the ability he used to slay a god down to the moment he died, Kojirō was a free spirit who walked to Earth by his own desire.

F9bF5rRakAAmY1V

F9bF79xbAAAZuVb

F9bF87cbQAAycWB

F9bF-FRboAAzxUX

Okita was abandoned by his family and taken in by Kondō. He was the closest thing to family for him. Before their deaths, Kondō and Okita made a promise to each other that they’d always be by each other's sides no matter what, but unfortunately, Kondō had to sacrifice him for the greater good of the Shinsengumi, and because of that, Okita died alone without being able to fulfill his promise to Kondō. But to make matters worse, Okita did not die on the battlefield like he wanted, but instead died in bed due to tuberculosis.
F9bHaihbkAAt8vO

F9bHciSbEAAaoxb

F9bHdTubsAA8Hcx

F9bHeIubQAE5JsG

Based off of what one of the leakers had said "The next human fighter is someone who has already been watching and following the previous fights" I had thought that Nostradamus might've been stepping up to the plate since humanity just suffered two loses in a row, Brünnhilde might've wanted to prevent the gods from gaining a lead by throwing out her joker. But based off of Okita's reaction from Leonidas's speech, I'm thinking it might be him next. Anubis vs Okita would make he most sense, in that case.
Oh HELL no, Okita vs Loki all or nothing.

Considering that the chapter has already been released in English and it seems like everyone in the topic has already read it, I think the spoiler thing is no longer necessary.

Back