• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
9-B+? What even, when did they become 14 times more powerful than a hand grenade?
As far as I know, Polar Bears take down Beluga Whales & can hurt walruses with their swipes. Grizzlies can easily win against black bears via size (which may survive getting sent flying by vehicles), & can hurt bulls with their swipes. Still sounds 9-B to me, they do take down moose & Bison by attack & lifting strength.

Bears are stronger than big cats for sure, just maybe less skilled, but I'm not sure if it's enough to push them to 9-B.

Should a Velociraptor have something like "likely 10-B" for their raw strength and durability? They're pretty much turkeys after all and rely on their deadly claws.

Bears are stronger than big cats for sure, just maybe less skilled, but I'm not sure if it's enough to push them to 9-B.

Should a Velociraptor have something like "likely 10-B" for their raw strength and durability? They're pretty much turkeys after all and rely on their deadly claws.
As far as I know, if you look in the predatoror behavior section of Wikipedia's article on them, it does say that their claws were designed to slash vitals rather than disembowel, which would imply that it aimed for weak spots like the Tiger. It's jaws were weak & only finished the job. "extant accipitrid birds of prey: by leaping onto their quarry, pinning it under their body weight, and gripping it tightly with the large, sickle-shaped claws. These researchers proposed that, like accipitrids, the dromaeosaur would then begin to feed on the animal while it was still alive..." How big were the extinct turkey's prey? Are there any IRL examples of accipitrid birds of prey that does this & are of comparable size/weight to the Velociraptor?

If the Velociraptor was put against the average man & both wanted to kill, it's wincon is to slash the human by the vitals or bleed it to death. The human’s wincon is to beat it to death. Though we don't know the true outcome since the Velociraptor died millions of years ago.

I think I do have a sandbox on the domestic sheep, having justified KE from body slamming into each other & various others from self defense. But I'm about to go on vacation & I may not have as much time to contribute here until after my vacation is over on July 20th. But my family is on a stressful detour, so I think I can do an action or 2 before leaving, like showing my sandbox for example.

Here it is, although my chromebook is back at home & I'm at Canada doing this on my phone. Due to KE, the domestic sheep is 9-C for ones that can ram effectively. I guess the kill creatures the size of sheep part is going in AP or piercing damage. Considering the size of the raptor & it's tactics, it's up to 10-B or 10-C by size. Small characters that can do things above 10-C are usually rated as higher than 10-C.

I was holding off from making the profile on the sheep official since the essential calcs for the profile aren't evaluated yet.

That is probably fine to apply. I trust your sense of judgement regarding this topic.

I'm reading this article linked by H3110l12345I20 earlier and it's interesting that it says a lion easily defeated a polar bear? I guess big cats can be deadlier fighters due to agility and skill even though bears are physically stronger so the bear doesn't always win.

Not really any disputes on bears being physically stronger than big cats, but the question is how much. It seems that the bear took some KE charges by the bull but he was severely hurt and died after multiple rams so they aren't stronger than bulls.

Perhaps an "at least 9-C+, possibly higher" would work for the grizzly and polar bears, but I'll wait for H3110l12345I20 to be back before applying since he's making a polar bear sandbox.

Probably, yes, but I am not a very good person to ask.

Are there any other staff or knowledgeable regular members that you think might be willing and able to help you out here? If so, I can call for them if you wish.

H3110l12345I20 doesn't seem to be coming back any time soon so I'll apply the changes for mammals that aren't being further discussed now.

Further help is obviously appreciated but I don't have anyone in mind at the moment.

So I think I'm just gonna gradually post all the issues I've come into here as I go through all the profiles.

Yes the kangal dog is known to scare off large predators with its agility and strong bite force but it definitely should not be 9-C+ in terms of raw strength and I'm uncertain about 9-C too. Trained humans are capable of beating wolves with bare hands.

Should wolves and strong dogs (kangals, wild dogs, etc) have 9-C raw strength in the first place? If not, what should they have? 10-A? I think that's a fair rating.

*same question with other animals like hyenas and cheetahs too I guess. Should they be 10-A? Most of these animals are deadly because of their killer instinct and strong bite, not necessarily raw strength.

Last edited:
I'm reading this article linked by H3110l12345I20 earlier and it's interesting that it says a lion easily defeated a polar bear? I guess big cats can be deadlier fighters due to agility and skill even though bears are physically stronger so the bear doesn't always win.

Not really any disputes on bears being physically stronger than big cats, but the question is how much. It seems that the bear took some KE charges by the bull but he was severely hurt and died after multiple rams so they aren't stronger than bulls.

Perhaps an "at least 9-C+, possibly higher" would work for the grizzly and polar bears, but I'll wait for H3110l12345I20 to be back before applying since he's making a polar bear sandbox.
A lion killing a polar bear in a captive fight isn't surprising but also not really a feather in the lion's cap.

Captive circus polar bears at the time tended to be very runty in size compared to wild ones because of the poor conditions and food.

Polar Bears are extremely specialized. They are so well insulated that even at 50 degrees F they can start to overheat after a short jog.

They really are used to subzero temps.

Obviously a Lion is used to the same types of temps that a human can handle.

So a fight between a polar bear and a lion can never really be at optimal conditions for either.

There have been several cases of even Black Bears killing Lions or Tigers in captivity to put it in perspective. So I wouldn't read much into a lion killing a polar bear in similar conditions.

Right so another issue I ran into: horses and camels. A horse kick can be up to a whopping 2000 pounds per square inch which should be pretty casually 9-B.

However, horses suffer severe injuries from each other's kicks, and most of the feats of animals "tanking horse kicks" like by camels probably were not a full force 2000 psi kick.

I propose horses (and zebra) be something along the lines of 9-C, up to 9-B at max with kicks".

Also no idea what to rate llama so leaving that alone for now too.

Last edited:
H3110l12345I20 doesn't seem to be coming back any time soon so I'll apply the changes for mammals that aren't being further discussed now.
Boo I scared you!
Maybe I should've updated that I would be back to my home city on Monday LOL

I've found feats of brown bears cannibalizing each other & eating black bears. In a reading I've discovered on Wikipedia their slaps have been known to make bulls get breathless in bull fights, I'll say more after I finish mopping my home & stuff.

So should strong dogs and wolves be 10-A then?

Also what should wild boars be. 10-A upscaling from pigs?
As far as I know, the pig charges are a part of their tactics in self defense & fighting. The pigs that have tusks are more likely to keep their 9-C rating, otherwise 10-A without them. I could look up cases of them fighting their predators.

Wolves are agile, smart, active & have peak human physical characteristics last time I checked. I'm not sure about big dogs though.

Last edited:
I think that wild boars probably vary in strength between 10-A and 9-C, depending on their weight/muscle mass. See here:

Agreeable, although there's different types of wild boars though. Do we need to add the arid/Mediterranean boar?
Wolves are definitely stronger than an average Joe but most sources seem to agree that a human could possibly beat it hand to hand. Without their bite and claws, are they necessarily stronger than 10-A?
Yes, they’re fit & robust compared to the average human. 9-C KE should be separated unless if there's a certain case of tackling/charging KE. Although one did take a kick to the balls.

I've seen plenty of cases where other animals have been kicked hard by humans, I think I'll have to get my kick calc updated & reviewed due to this.

I'm not sure about that. Piercing damage doesn't really increase your AP in the first place but simply pressure, that rating is merely there to tell people that they can harm stronger animals through sharpness.

If you think that's misleading we can change it to "can harm stronger animals via piercing damage" or something like that.

I'm not sure about that. Piercing damage doesn't really increase your AP in the first place but simply pressure, that rating is merely there to tell people that they can harm stronger animals through sharpness.

If you think that's misleading we can change it to "can harm stronger animals via piercing damage" or something like that.
That makes more sense, since usually the "higher with piercing damage" that most animals have seems to focus more on the skull crushing

I've downgraded big dogs. However I'm seeing some conflicting answers on different online discussion forums on whether a human can beat a wolf with their bare hands. Having some doubts on the appropriate rating for wolves and kangal dogs. And hyenas since they're far heavier built than wild dogs.

Do they have grounds for being 9-C or is 10-A better?

I've downgraded big dogs. However I'm seeing some conflicting answers on different online discussion forums on whether a human can beat a wolf with their bare hands. Having some doubts on the appropriate rating for wolves and kangal dogs. And hyenas since they're far heavier built than wild dogs.

Do they have grounds for being 9-C or is 10-A better?
For the wolf, the human’s beat it to death wincon is more likely if they use a higher percentage of their otherwise held back strength, the wolf is smaller/lighter than the human &/or if they can grapple it in place to do a lot of blunt force (in Wikipedia’s page for wolf attacks, grappling by the neck or possibly the tongue of the wolf has worked in fights, but would the average Joe even know this? I'll give this a maybe due to the huge inflow of info from the internet that may/may not give this type of info). In an SBA match where we assume weight is equal & even the average human has some martial arts/street-fight moves. The wolf wins via higher bite force, speed, intelligence & possibly having the experience advantage with dealing with animals with only their pals & Natural Weaponry, as apposed to the humans with their tools in groups assuming this was a modern human. I haven't read about the other dogs though.

That being said, the strength of the wolf seems to be in packs & robust body without claws & teeth. Their sharp stuff bite is a big factor in numerous injuries as far as I've read on wolf attacks, maybe implying that that they usually strike with it? Unless if the wolf is intelligent enough to fight without claws & teeth if it lost them, they're just strong, & fast runners. I do believe in their intelligence.

Sea lions without teeth are still heavier & bigger than humans, even then, they typically strike with their teeth, which has been known to puncture bones, one managed to jump quite the distance above water. 10-A

Sea leopards are the same case (apart from their bone breaking part), though it's Wikipedia entry states that it took kicks from pointed shoes. Possibly 9-C durability while being 10-A in AP without teeth.

Elephant seals have a strong case for being 9-B due to being heavier than walruses & great white sharks. They can fight, injure & possibly kill one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back