• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might start applying the changes for big predators since this has dragged for some time.

How reliable is the 10 000 pound figure for the tiger paw swipe? It isn't experimentally proven and is merely an estimate by the expert on that National Geography experiment on what a serious tiger would hit at since the one they used was merely toying. Perhaps a "possibly" rating at best for that.

Might start applying the changes for big predators since this has dragged for some time.

How reliable is the 10 000 pound figure for the tiger paw swipe? It isn't experimentally proven and is merely an estimate by the expert on that National Geography experiment on what a serious tiger would hit at since the one they used was merely toying. Perhaps a "possibly" rating at best for that.
Any more details on this documentary? I would like to actually link & ref it in the future.

Depends on the expert though. I've been researching on the internet long enough to see what sources I can or can't rely on. If the tiger was just toying, then it would be an "at least 10,000 lb (44482.22 N), even then the Tiger was just toying around & is comparable to the Lion's one-hit kill of an intern, which broke her neck. Breaking a neck is this much. One managed to one-shot a Lion by swiping at it's jugular vein" In one of the links I had here for the Tiger, one of them snapped a man's neck, so that's a painfully good LS feat.

Last edited:

What do we make of the statements that Tigers can smash cattle skulls & break sloth bears' backs? I know about the Cattle's KE. I've read slightly into the Sloth Bear's Wikipedia page & it says it frequently makes a physical attack in it's charges & is stated to be heavily resistant to gunshots (we do have a potential KE calc on the Sloth Bear though, here's a source on average human running speed). Eh, that's besides the point, the main focus here is the Tiger & I do have a sandbox on it completed 1-2 days ago.

2 quick questions, should Tigers have camouflage? Any reason why stealth mastery isn't an ability listed in the official page?

Can cows necessarily take the full hit of their KE though? I'd imagine if two cows ran towards each other, bump their heads (not horns) together to an instant stop, they would probably die or be severely injured.

Most gunshots are merely 9-C, it's the piercing power that makes them dangerous.

Yes I'm pretty sure tigers are masters of stealth.

Can cows necessarily take the full hit of their KE though? I'd imagine if two cows ran towards each other, bump their heads (not horns) together to an instant stop, they would probably die or be severely injured.
Cows can & do ram at their targets (especially cars) though I'm not sure about without horn though. I do know that pressure is force/area & the pressure would be a lot less if the area of pressure was more than than previously. Where does the approximate KE of the cow come from? Depending on the breed & type it would vary a fair bit. I'll eventually show my short calc on the cow KE once I'm out of school. I got 9-C to 9-B KE via Wikipedia's listed weight on cattle & the castle's calculated speed on the profile.

Last edited:
Eh... the best I've reliably found for Cows' head dura is that they can get knocked out by goats, take shots from .22 rifle/hollow point bullets & 9 mm pistols, has thicker skulls than horses which get one-shotted by a .22 caliber long rifle with hollow point rounds, the base/basilar part of the cow's skull is thick, & considering that it can ram with plenty of force, it's skull should be designed so it can take it's own rammings like other animals. I couldn't reliably find anything about the thickness of the cow's skull besides it being stated to be 1/2 or 4 in thick by users at answers.com.

As for horses, the best I can find about them is that they shove & strike with their heads rather than charge at their foes.

With this context, cattle skulls are more 9-C at least in durability, but up to 9-C to 9-B when charging.

Speaking of which, I think I found evidence of one the Cattle's KE old calcs, but I'll make one myself on my own just so things are a bit more dated.

NOTE: I'm just checking how the guy got the KE, this isn't the KE I said I would make. It will be in my sandbox on the cattle. At the time of of the edit, the speed of the cow was 40km/h & was stated to have a KE of 41,999.2935 J.
(1/2)(m)((40*0.2777778)^2) = 41999.2935 -> m = 41999.2935/((1/2)((40*0.2777778)^2)) = 680.3884458 kg

I got 680.3884458 kg, although the numbers themselves could've been different. Wikipedia's reference-supported info tells me that it's not very unrealistic for a cow to be in that range, though I would like to see other (accepted) calculations for the Cattle's KE.

What do we make of the statements that Tigers can smash cattle skulls & break sloth bears' backs? I know about the Cattle's KE. I've read slightly into the Sloth Bear's Wikipedia page & it says it frequently makes a physical attack in it's charges & is stated to be heavily resistant to gunshots (we do have a potential KE calc on the Sloth Bear though, here's a source on average human running speed). Eh, that's besides the point, the main focus here is the Tiger & I do have a sandbox on it completed 1-2 days ago.

2 quick questions, should Tigers have camouflage? Any reason why stealth mastery isn't an ability listed in the official page?
Something similar to H3110l12345I20's sandbox here.

Something similar to H3110l12345I20's sandbox here.
I was planning to put my calcs on cattle in the calc evaluations thread. Some Cattle skulls tend to be 9-C in dura while others can be 9-B in durabilty. We do have Panthera bending his cage's bars & hurting a grizzly bear with his KE, he did also took a swipe from Ramadan (a 550 lb lion) at the snout.

Though I don't know why the Lion is still 9-B if it's out-sized & out-weighed by buffalo I mean, i wouldn't blame people for keeping an honorable, culturally significant animal 9-B, which can gore & win against them in fights.

Context is everything "When hunting, Lions typically use stealth,[30][44][51] & teamwork to hunt.[30][42] Lionesses go first due to their speed when hunting in groups.[12][44][52] When Males are hunting alone, they prefer dense habitats where they can surprise prey more easily.[37][44][51]" I mean, Tigers also do stealth & neck bites against larger prey but in a 1v1 match against larger & heavier prey, they're going to lose unless if they utilize their speed to their advantage in some cases. There's a similar case to be made against Lions, but the reason why Lions & Tigers are able to take down larger prey is though stealth & neck bites/strikes. Are you going to tier a child 10-B just because they have the ability to bite people in the neck?

As for Pit Bulls, they're small for their size & can kill kiddins & old people, we have a database for this if you want to check it out. I think the reason why the American Pit Bull is 10-A is because of it's stamina, ability to participate in sports & capability to be in police forces. Should I make a sandbox for the Pit Bull to be 10-C or 10-B instead? If Pit Bulls were really 10-A we would see stronger strength feats than what we have here.

Lions and bears would all scale to it then, I suppose?
"They generally hunt alone and ambush their prey as most other cats do, overpowering them from any angle, using their body size and strength to knock the prey off balance. Successful hunts usually require the tiger to almost simultaneously leap onto its quarry, knock it over, and grab the throat or nape with its teeth." Does neck/nape striking stop the bear from scaling to the Tiger? Also, I forgot to put the detail that Tigers knock their prey off balence, should that be in the official profile?

Also, I was looking for more strength feats for Grizzlies to put in my Grizzly Bear sandbox. "Wild with the rage, the bear quickly regained his footing, pursued and overtook the bull, who then turned like a flash and gave him another charge. This time bruin sprang-upon the buffalo's back, and fastened his claws and teeth in the great fellow's flesh, a surprise for which the bull was not prepared. But he was equal to the situation and showed no small skill as an imitator of the bronco bucker. The buffalo plunged first one way, then the other, while the bear held on with a death-like grip, until it also was surprised by the bull's turning a complete somersault. Before the bear could recover the bull was upon it with his feet, and buried his horns deep in its shoulder. The bear then dealt the bison a blow with its paw, which sounded far off and made the bull shake his head with pain." There's also the link on when a Lion, Bull & Grizzly Bear was captured for an animal fighting cage. Ramadan the bear took rammings from a half a ton Spanish fighting bull.

Last edited:
So what currently needs to be done here, and are you willing to handle it please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back