• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I converted the values into J/s for the lion & tiger, making Tigers 9-C+ to 9-B & Lions 9-C to 9-B. Although it's important to note that they used the formula of (animal weight in lb)(max animal speed in mph) = paw swipe striking strength in ft-lb/s (Yes, I did mathematically check this on a calculator for the Sumatran & Malayan Tiger, & the Asiatic Lion & Mountain Lion, you should check it for yourself). How reliable is this formula?

I applied their formula for a 62 kg or 136.6865907 lb human going at 5 or 5.9 mph, & it gave me 683.4329537/806.4508853 ft-lb/s or 926.6107004/1093.400626 J/s. Converting the mph into m/s just inflates the human to 2072.769104/2445.867543 J/s. The only human attacks that I can think of that would reach the 500 - 2000 J range would be those of the lower body (Kicks & Stomps).

So have you reached any conclusions here that we can apply? I can ask for input from DontTalk if necessary.
Much of the evidence here provides evidence to much of the current ratings (blue whale has durability feats & statement), some of which gives the animals new ratings & descriptions (domestic pig has a LS from pushing IRL people, one pushed a black bear, tiger's standard tactics & LS can be updated to include neck aiming & human neck snapping). There's 2 things I'm Inconclusive on, the bear paw strikes not powerful enough to smash the skull & the ft-lb/s formula that's that's used in the calculations for the paw strikes.

If I had the time, I could create sandbox with refs, but I have school & IRL stuff going on.

I converted the values into J/s for the lion & tiger, making Tigers 9-C+ to 9-B & Lions 9-C to 9-B. Although it's important to note that they used the formula of (animal weight in lb)(max animal speed in mph) = paw swipe striking strength in ft-lb/s (Yes, I did mathematically check this on a calculator for the Sumatran & Malayan Tiger, & the Asiatic Lion & Mountain Lion, you should check it for yourself). How reliable is this formula?

I applied their formula for a 62 kg or 136.6865907 lb human going at 5 or 5.9 mph, & it gave me 683.4329537/806.4508853 ft-lb/s or 926.6107004/1093.400626 J/s. Converting the mph into m/s just inflates the human to 2072.769104/2445.867543 J/s. The only human attacks that I can think of that would reach the 500 - 2000 J range would be those of the lower body (Kicks & Stomps).
How did you convert the values to J/s? Also that formula doesn't seem to make sense as that's the momentum of the animal's full speed.

I'm planning on making suggestions in a doc & possibly a sandbox for the Giraffe, should thr giraffes's neck swings be comparable to IRL people that survived collisions with cars (& trains on occasion)? Vehicle collisions & giraffe neck swings can send people flying. I'll calc it down in a blog from numerous sources.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t say that bears have stealth “mastery” as they have a habit of yelling at you when attacking
also they are very noisy when killing people
(Possible Stealth Mastery?): https://seaworld.org/animals/all-about/polar-bear/diet/ (Archived). The link states that it can flip seals onto the ice, & I've researched into the weights of the seals it eats. It can on occasion kill beluga whales & young walruses.

I forgot to mention that polar bears stalk seals, also think I've seen a grizzly ambush a hunter. So the bear is more ambush than stealth?

I think the reason why lions are 9-B in AP is because of their durability to take down/survive attacks from (Archived) buffaloes (Archived) & (Archived) hippos (Archived), & the fact they fight on par with each other.

Fighting on par with some that can occasionally survive high speed car/train crashes with human level AP doesn't make you wall level in AP in real life. I'm perfectly okay with lions & tigers being 9-C in AP.

Lions do hunt cattle & other big animals, but their standard tactics & what their prey usually does in predatory attacks should be considered.

• Standard Tactics: When hunting, Lions typically use stealth,[29][43][50] & teamwork to hunt.[29][41] Lionesses go first due to their speed when hunting in groups.[12][43][51] When Males are hunting alone, they prefer dense habitats where they can surprise prey more easily.[36][43][50]

Lions typically hunt Zebras, Wildebeests, Gazelles, Warthogs, livestock, Deer (Chital & Sambar), Wild Hogs, & Nilgai (Antelope).

Sandbox of the Giraffe is finished! However, there's references, notable changes in AP, Conventional Bodily Weaponry addition, & Intelligence. & other description changes (LS, Dura,).

AP has been added from spino's sandbox. Though I'll note that I added in the EQ of the Giraffe since EQ (Encephalization Quotient) has been a predictor of intelligence amongst animals. Maybe it can be a measure of how smart/animalistic an animal is?

Not necessarily anywhere, I'm just uncertain if there's enough evidence for 9-B durability.
They scale to their attacks, lions & crocodiles in durability. Lions seem to be 9-C individually & 9-B in prides in terms of AP. I've looked into lions, but not Nile Crocs & Jaguars (has been stated to be able to fend off Jaguars). There are anti-feats of Giraffes getting killed in vehicle collisions & stress.

Should the Giraffe neck strikes be 9-C, or 9-B? They strike 1710 N with their horns (Ossicones).

What about this page? Isn't 9-B when jumping a bit too high?

Also, I think I found justification for Sperm Whales being 9-B in KE. There's cases of them attacking ships & has been suggested that they ram each other in fights between males. Whalers striking whales with harpoons typically took tens of minutes to hours. On a legendarily weak piece of evidence, legend has it that Mocha Dick can take multiple spears & has scars from previous attempts to harpoon it. It’s also been suggested that a Sperm Whale could’ve accidentally collided with the Essex, causing it to sink.

There's other instances of whales surviving harpoons lodged in their sides or explosions from grenade tipped harpoons for minutes at a time before dying due the instances involving (Archived) whales (Archived) & harpoons (Archived).

Last edited:
Since skull crushing is no longer 9-B, what other actual 9-B feats do elephants have?
Since when? I know very well that there's definite 9-B feats, they crush humans to death, can easily dent, flip & damage vehicles, has justifiable KE via feats of ramming vehicles & sending people flying with their rams, & can easily rampage & demolish houses just to get some booze in some situations. I do have a calc on their KE if anyone is interested, though I'll update linear momentum of the human on my own since it's unrelated to elephant strength. (The links above do have LS feats of Elephants easily lifting vehicles btw)

Speed feat wise, they can keep up with many vehicles.

Durability wise, Tyke the Elephant took 87 shots (presumably from the police) before dying from their injuries. Another took a couple of shots & still had the ability to rampage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back