• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A crocodile fighting an animal without its mouth wouldn't be a problem of strength but a problem of agility.
Could a croc without teeth still kill a 9-B animal via an ambush? Crocs do take down bull sharks, so I'm willing to support a 9-C+ physically rating.

Though since they usually strike with their tail/bite, wouldn't some of their physical strength be overlapping with their piercing damage? The bite force of the Nile seems to be around 9-C+ to 9-B territory, but we're supposed to separate raw strength from piercing damage.

I've looked into the hunting styles of the Nile & Saltwater Crocodile.

They can hunt prey up to their size possibly bigger, there's a reason why big bois like the Elephant, Hippo, & Black Rhino really don't have predators at adulthood.

Size does matter, though despite being an ambush predator that uses it's jaws, I'll still go for 9-B for the saltwater croc since it can take down Water Buffalo. Their physical AP does overlap with their piercing damage. They do induce fatal attacks on humans, less attacks than the Nile.

Nile? Depends on size during adulthood. They can hunt primates & wildebeests, which can push each other or even knock each other out. Larger ones occasionally take larger prey, but are hesitant to fight adult female hippos, though some has been preyed on by a croc, due to size & strength this would usually be rare. "Typical size has been reported to be as much as 4.5 to 5.5 m (14 ft 9 in to 18 ft 1 in), but this is excessive for actual average size per most studies and represents the upper limit of sizes attained by the largest animals in a majority of populations. Alexander and Marais (2007) give the typical mature size as 2.8 to 3.5 m (9 ft 2 in to 11 ft 6 in); Garrick and Lang (1977) put it at from 3.0 to 4.5 m (9 ft 10 in to 14 ft 9 in)." At the length of at least 3.05 m, I would be placing Nile crocs at "at least 9-C." At higher sizes I would give them Nile croc 9-B. Most attacks by the Nile on humans are fatal.

It's on their page.

"The Nile monitor, which is only a fraction the weight of the Komodo dragon, can potentially injure a Leopard with its whip tail; even Lions are wary of the Nile monitor's whip tail."
Aren't lions bigger, faster & heavier though? The vids I've seen on the lions on the Komodo's tail is them reacting & dodging the tail. I'm still fine with the Komodo Dragon being 9-C or possibly 9-C+ due to the capacity of the dragon to harm the bigger lion.

Their armor is like chain mail, Wikipedia’s article on it states that it is heavily resistant to bladed weapons of the middle ages & is used in shark bite armor. It's more pierceable if it's not riveted, attacked by certain spears, mail piercing swords, pleases, & Halberds. It didn't protect the wearer from blunt force damage.

Aren't lions bigger, faster & heavier though? The vids I've seen on the lions on the Komodo's tail is them reacting & dodging the tail. I'm still fine with the Komodo Dragon being 9-C or possibly 9-C+ due to the capacity of the dragon to harm the bigger lion.

Their armor is like chain mail, Wikipedia’s article on it states that it is heavily resistant to bladed weapons of the middle ages & is used in shark bite armor. It's more pierceable if it's not riveted, attacked by certain spears, mail piercing swords, pleases, & Halberds. It didn't protect the wearer from blunt force damage.
Hmmmmm, what about bullets?

Is there any energy calculation as a basis for 9-C+? That is required according to our rules.

As usual, I trust your judgements regarding what you reach consensus about above. At the very least it should turn considerably more reliable than previously.

Should my D. terrelli sandbox be applicable then?

Also, I think I have support for how strong a Komodo Dragon's tail is. It's stated that they can knock large deer, wild boar & even water buffalo off of their feet. Sounds like evidence for 9-C+ due to the Komodo Dragon being able to knock animals larger & heavier than itself off of their feet. The Komodo Dragon has a muscular tail.

Last edited:
Can they take hits from each other's tails or is it sort of a glass cannon?
AFAIK, when 2 Komodo Dragons fight, they go on their hind legs & wrestle each other until one of them falls into the ground. The winner gets to be on top of the lower. This is just 1 of 3 vids I've watched.

What does everyone think of the D. terrelli sandbox I made?
I want staff input on this question & the application of the sandbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back