• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Discussion Thread (aka rem: zero)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
Re zero wallpaper

Thread for discussing anything re zero related, be careful when discussing spoilers on events beyond the anime.

Interview with the author: http://pastebin.com/8QTMKVDx

This rem thread can be used to discuss explictly spoiler related content but be warned it contains massive spoilers so if you just want to know a single or couple of things scroll to the bottom and ask your questions and try not to look at anything throughout it.

Well got some spoilers on the witches translated from arc 4

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Echidna talks about the witches:

Is it about Daphne, Witch of Gluttony, who created mabeasts to save the world from starvation?

Is it about Carmilla, Witch of Lust, who gave non-humans emotions to fill the world with love?

Is it about Minerva, Witch of Wrath, who lamented the world full of conflicts and punched down everyone to heal them?

Is it about Sekhmet, Witch of Sloth, who beat up the Dragon outside of Great Waterfall, to take a rest?

Is it about Typhon, Witch of Pride, who judged the sinners with no mercy of a child?

(Pointing herself)

Is it about Echidna, Witch of Greed, who collected all knowledge, even in her death?

Or, is it about her, Witch of Envy, who killed all other Witches and turned the world into her enemy?

Hello. Spoilers, I guess.

Horned Ram is one of the strongest beings in the world.

@Zero well it's more complicated than that

Spoilers

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

They are dead but echidna's soul was taken by the dragon as a fail safe for when satella comes out from her seal as the seal isn't stable and even with the seal satellla can still influence the world. Where echidna was sealed is a place called sanctuary and in there even though she is just a soul she has a dream world where she can talk to people and in that dream world the other witches exist because before they died echidna took their cells.

Eldritch abomination said:
Is there anyway I can read an english translation of the light novels?( and btw who's rem?)
The light novel is lincensed by yen press so there are no translations except for the one by yen press which the first volume was released over a week ago.

Btw the web novel is being translated but it started on arc 3, there are also some differences from the anime as the light novel cut out some things the author felt was unnecessary.

^They should just drop it and translate arc 4 since the anime will end in arc 3 and they are still at chapter 9 arc 3 have like 80+ chapter

I agree at the pace they are translating the anime will long be over before they catch up, they should just go on to arc 4.

Wow that episode was great i had goosebumps finally subaru realizes his flaws and rem is forever best girl.

man rem is too much of goddess even for an anime character we spent the whole episode talking about how rem love subaru and at the end

"I love emilia "

okay bro ...

Well feelings don't just change just like that so i respect that he still loves emilia though if it were me i would be on that rem ship in an instant.

^ lol 90% from the the people from this planet whould jump at Rem without scconde of though but it's look like subaru belong to the other 10%

Anyway as far Hype goe that was disappointing too much hype form subaru and rem sweet talk

I like the scane where Puck tell that crazy basterd "if you want to kill me then grow half of Satella's shadow arms " < that moment when a freking cat say badass line's "or is he a dog ? "

I thought this was the best episode of the series, yea the others were shocking but his though was just 2 characters talking that kept me intrigued, you don't need massive mind twists or brutal suffering to have a great episode, and that development of subaru accept that what he was did up to that point wasn't work and that he is weak was perfect, it's a different of taste really some will probably have ep 15 as their favorite while others 18 just depends what you want from the series.

Agreed that this is the best episode of the series by far, if only because Subaru has newfound resolve, character development and the full support of best girl. It doesn't even bother me one bit that they spent 70% of the episode talking in one place.

Puck is just so badass when he said that Beetlejuice needed to have 1000 shadow arms, half of Satella's to beat him.

Subaru's breakdown and telling Rem off that she doesn't know him and her answering back that Subaru only knows himself and not others was just perfect.

Then there's her confession which he rejected and the banter they had afterwards which were done in all smiles. Props to Subaru for growing balls to turn her down gently and still keep her close.

Lastly, the point that Subaru was never going to say yes to Rem was very much foreshadowed by a simple detail, despite him being the one to ask her to run away and have a simple life. That detail was that he never once had teary eyes in the entire happening.

Then Rem... Mah gahd Rem. Forcing her vision of "The hero Subaru" onto the "pathetic, useless Subaru" to make him see himself in a better light was just amazing. That's real guts, commitment and love right there.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Agreed, if you want here are the if chapters where subaru and rem actually run away together, we need an ova of this.
I already read the chapters and it is glorious.

And yeah, I demand an OVA for it.

I'd pay someone else's money to fund it if possible.

Seeing how popular and successful re zero is there might be side stories and if chapters that get animated, would love to see the side story about crush's backstory, i hear wilheim's backstory wil be animated in episode 20 though.

fun fact : if you think you saw the last of love triangle , then you saw nothing yet xD

-

-

-

-

-

Spoiler's !!!

btw i was wondering where the part where subaru tell her he want her as second wife ? was it cut or is in another scene ? i know near the end of volume 7 he tell her he love her and want her by his side .....etc but was it there or was it cut from the anime ?

Well

-

-

-

-

-

-

Spoilers

-

-

-

-

-That is going to be next episode, it happened after subaru convinced the others to help him and they were on their way to the mansion.

Holey fluck. Subaru you player you.

1411214598214s

And yes! Wilhelm backstory and Crusche backstory sounds awesome even though I know nothing about it.

Well i know about wilheim's backstory, know nothing about crush's backstory well i just know it involves her and a guy (don't wanna spoil who that is if you don't want to) and that it is tragic. I also know about priscilla and al's backstory.

Gemmysaur said:
Holey fluck. Subaru you player you.
1411214598214s

And yes! Wilhelm backstory and Crusche backstory sounds awesome even though I know nothing about it.
-

-

-

-

-

Well rem will troll subaru hard near the end of volume 7 leading him to say his true feeling about there something along the line's "i won't let anyone steal you from me "

But to think he offer with the whole second wife thing before that !! subaru is true player to say the least

Shipping talk aside , puck was true badass in this episode

-

-

-

-

-

-

i don't want to turn this into massive spoiler thread there the "Rem " thread for this but can anyone tell me how can reinahrd resist Puck frozen powers ?

Spoilers

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

He has an immunity for every element so ice powers wouldn't work as well plus not to mention he has magic resistance that makes it so debuffs can't affect him in other words he can't be frozen, burned, electricuted etc, not that puck would hit him in the first place as all his attacks would miss reinhard.

Same here i know nothing about william backstory the same goes for crushnext volume will focus on william backstory but will we see Crushes one ?

Haha. Rem, troll and Subaru in the same sentence in that order made me chuckle a little inside.

Subaru is finally going on the right track in following his predecessors in making a harem in this other world.

Anyways, this is why Reinhard ignores Puck's ice.

Magic Resistance: No curses, debuffs, or buffs can affect him,

Fire Avoidance: 80% reduction from fire damage,

Wind Absorption: 80% of wind magic is absorbed.

Earth Resistance: Earth magic has an 80% reduced effect on him.

Water Reflection: 80% water magic is reflected.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Spoilers
-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

He has an immunity for every element so ice powers wouldn't work as well plus not to mention he has magic resistance that makes it so debuffs can't affect him in other words he can't be frozen, burned, electricuted etc, not that puck would hit him in the first place as all his attacks would miss reinhard.
-

-

-

-

-

-

wow totally forget about the resistance part of course he have resistance against nearly every element !!! btw reinhard owns punk without raid right ?

@Zero

Spoilers

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

We won't see crush's backstory yet i think, will probably have to hope we get it in an ova. As for reinhard, hmm i know reinhard owns puck but not if he needs reid or not if i would have to guess i would probably say he doesn't need reid as from my understanding no one in the series thus far has been worthy enough for him to draw reid (btw its reid not raid, raid was a mistranslation, its reid which is the same name as the first sword saint)

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Shame then i actully like Crush but yeah i remember her back story was in a spin off not the main one so yeah we need to wait an ova "i would love to see that rather than the IF chapter's which is pure fanservice xD "

wasn't Satell the only one worthy of drawing it ? i mean reinhard with reid mean reinhard going all out and btw he really can't draw it if the enemy isn't worthy right ?

_

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Yea satella is the only one worthy of it being drawn and it cannot be drawn unless the opponent is worthy of it.

So was browsing around and saw this image

Subaru and emilia kissing

Can see a lot of people getting triggered by this lol. On a serious note though the level of dislike for this episode is disgusting, people can't seem to understand the development it gave to subaru's character and how it progressed the story, they are just focused on their shipping. Subaru is free to love anyone he wants and people can't just switch over from loving one person to another, the hypocritical arguements i see being thrown around that rem is somehow entitled to subaru because of all she has done for him just make me smh.

This is the same arguement people were disgusted by when subaru said it in episode 13 when he said emilia owed him for all he did for her and they hated it and now that in ep 18 subaru rejects rem they are saying rem is entitled to him? this is completly hypocritical.

You have to love how this episode was supposed to be the best episode in the series turned to be one of the most hated

the salt is real and i am loving it xD

there wasn't real bulid up for subaru x emillia , since episode 1 he is just i love emillia is love emillia and thats it which is why most people don't like it and don't give the "he is free to love who's ever he want " this is story not a real life if you want to make a ship builed it up so poeple can love it

^It may seems like a rant but you know it doesn't bother me i was just saying why i think people hate this episode

poor subaru in every episode you supposed to love it turn againt's him even face book page's can't stay natural xD

The suffering never ends for subaru can't catch a break in his own story and he can't catch a break outside of it lol.

Yea i think as you said the issue is there wasn't any build up for subaru x emilia and they might get salty by thinking that he simply loves her as she is the main female character and she hasn't had much development so they feel rem deserves subaru more than her.

I can understand this but the thing is people can fall in love for no reason, love isn't rational, so there is nothing wrong with subaru liking emilia. They only want rem x subaru because rem as gotten more development, i think this is very short-sighted, i love rem yes but you have to understand that emilia is also gonna develop and i am pretty sure the same people who are hating on her now will at least not hate her anymore after she gets her development, people are just impatient it's like this with any series people jump on and declare that the character being developed now is the best and crap on the other character.

He isn't called suffaru for nothing xD

subaru love her because the author want him to he love silver hair girls .....

you can't blame them emilia like is the most flat character in the show as of nowand we both know she won't even get her chance in this season so it won't change we talk about arc 4 when it comes not now

believe me i saw way worse things what post about the subaru turned into a complete joke after last episode , it's the new meme of the week

anyway next episode should clam the salt a little if it's not then ep 21 will surely do until then i am enjoying the salt xD

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

We both know the salt being calmed is only gonna be temoprary, after what happens in the end the salt is gonna be enough to fill the entire pacific ocean.

Ah yeah about that , that is where the fandom will truely go salty

But hey at least those salty shippers will shut up and this time all the hate goes to the author

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back