• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Discussion Thread 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zouken said:
Why would they cut this out? Was it just becuase Season 2 wasn't confirmed yet, and they didn't want a cliffhanger?
Yes, that's exactly why it wasn't in the original, becasue they weren't expecting a Season 2. And they were planning on airing S2 after this DC but thanks to beer virus this goes to waste :/

Yup, that virus is messing up everything, school, buisness, sports, gatherings, social interaction, etc, etc.

It is quite annoying how studios announce the release date before they finish making the work. As it could lead to things like this. I know they kinda have to have a deadline, but it is irritating regardless.

Also besides this what were some major additions, I don't remember what was and wasn't included in the anime too well. So I don't think I would be able to remember what was added. I watched the first (& second) episodes of the DC and didn't notice anything.

Though if I remember correct the DC is uncensored, like the Blue-ray version.

Basically all they did was:

Episode 4:

New dialogue for the Oni Story, not major (I didn't even notice)

Episode 5:

New version of Styx Helix by the OG Myth and Roid singer

Episode 7:

New animation for Subaru and Julius "fight" kappa. Really fluid (didn't watch)

Episode 13:

New animation for Subaru and Julius vs Petelgeuse and new end credits scene adapting the first interlude.

I say it's not worth watching, the worth of this DC was re:airing S1 right before releasing S2, buuuuuuuuuuuut

Okay thanks, I will rewatch 5, 7, and 13 than.

It is kinda annoying that they had to put them into 2 Episode groups, as that makes it so its harder to tell which episodes are longer than their Original counterparts.

But I do wonder how Season 2 will censor the scenes where Subaru sees the aftermath of all his deaths. Expecially when he jumped off the cliff. As you can just cut to black when he dies, though when he is actually forced to witness it it makes it harder.

Subs were pretty good.

Those blood ice things Emilia and Puck do, are broken, literally sucks out all your blood.

This was pretty good for Emilia and Puck's character.

The black snakes poison is broken, it's still around a 100 years later and it's literally alive, like wtf.

Was randomly browsing around and saw that arc 4's manga is finally being translated.

5 chapters so far.

Yeah, that's neat, but the manga is so rushed it glosses over many scenes. The manga hasn't even gotten past volume 1.

Btw expect delays for the LN, Tanpenshuu 6's release date and EX 4's translation already got delayed. I expect the main series to get delays due to COVID too...

Don't remember if there was any statements or anything about Heinkel's strength, probably was something in the Q&A's, but not really interested in making a profile for him, have other stuff to work on.

Only ppl who would care about Re Zero camp battles would be the ppl in this thread, only me and 100 were even trying to fix the character ratings so yea don't think much of anyone would reply to a thread like that.

Reinhard means felt camp stomps though.

Are we going to use this thread instead of making a new one for the forum?
If that's the case...

Can I know about some of the power/ability revisions that'll be happening when you guys eventually make the CRT?

Either way doesn't matter to me.

Some changes that will happen:

-Reinhard gets reactive power level to become way faster to things he faced before.

-Shaula's range will be be tens of kilometers. She will lose space-time manipulation, her immortality becomes longevity, she gets heat manipulation and enhanced senses, and danmaku.

-Julius gets a key for arc 6, where he doesn't have his spirits, while amping himself gets MHS+ reaction speed. He also gets statistic reduction, instinctive reaction, along with a light speed attack.

-Beatrice gets blackhole creation

-Ley and Roy probably get possession via Louis

-Witches become Low 7-B instead of 7-B, Sekhmet, Reinhard, Satella, Reid either get downgraded to At least 7-B or stay 7-A.

-Ex Novel characters become 8-B, mid tiers ie Garfiel, Elsa etc become 8-C. At least this is what i can gather based on calcs atm, Oppai/Megaton said he was gonna make some calcs.

why would they stay 7-A?
iirc because Puck/Roswaal will still stay City level+ which means Reinhard and the other top tiers should scale much higher. That could make them baseline 7-A or just really high into 7-B.

I think they should probably be At least 7-B, Opai thinks otherwise, that's for the CRT to discuss. The upscaling to 7-A via Sekhmet one shotting all the other witches doesn't work anymore, so what we have here is a scaling of Reinhard>/=Satella>Reid>Sekhmet>Puck (55 megatons).

Speaking of that idk if that's even gonna be valid anymore, heard something about heat/temperature revisions so idk if blizzard creation will be affected by that.

Puck's 55 megatons is like the most casual feat possible (Just existing) so honestly, I'd probably be on board with baseline 7-A too if the temperature revisions don't change anything. Plus, isn't it stated somewhere that Puck could freeze the entire world if given enough time or something like that?

He says he will destroy the world, but says Reinhard will stop him, and Reinhard himself when he shows up says he is preventing any further damage, it's too vague a feat to do anything with, we have no timeframe for it, he goes around freezing everything and plans to destroy the world, but how long will that take him provided Reinhard doesn't stop him?

Doesn't help that the anime didn't depict the entire world frozen and Reinhard recreating the entire world.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know it's incalcable. I brought it up because it's another thing that shows Puck is probably >>>7-B (His current AP value) It just hasn't been shown.
Anyway, thanks. I can't wait for the CRTs.

The high tiers being 7-B was entirely based upon scaling Roswaal to Puck and scaling everyone else to Roswaal, but while browsing the raws for the Q&As I found out that the translation about Ros being tied with Puck's true form was fake, but I also found this:
Strength ranking of the witches:
Satella >> Sekhmet >>> Typhon > Daphne >> Echidna > Carmilla >>>>> Minerva
Roswaal is comparable to Echidna who's way weaker than Daphne and Typhon who are weaker than Puck by virtue of not making the top 5, so there is no way that we can scale the high tiers to Puck's true form. If you think about it, Roswaal is as strong as Melakuera who wasn't able to do anything to Puck's true form.

I'm also not sure why Shaula would have longevity instead of immortality, and those things from EX 4 about lightning speed seemed like hyperbole while the thing about light speed seems to be a mistranslation (I should probably check with some of the miltilingual members).

And I think the blizzard feat will be fine for Puck specifically because what he actually does is suck all of the energy out of his surrounding just to keep his true form materialized, but it will likely **** with things like Al Huma or Al Goa.

There are also some things about the low tier characters' tier relating to one of Rom's feats. Basically, in the WN it was stated that Rom can smash a car with his swings while in the anime you see him destroying that huge ice formation left by Puck and Emilia, both are well above 10-A. I know that the LN is the defacto canon, but c'mon now, even the anime is more canon in certain aspects.

Shaula is never stated to be immortal, we just know she is 400 years old, being really old doesn't mean you're immortal.

It's stated Cecilis is faster than lightning, now it does seem hyperbolic at a glance, however it's also said he moves as fast as his namesake, blue thunder, and also said his movements are almost instantaneous, truly as fast as lightning. Bare in mind these statements are about a Cecils who is holding back and we know Cecils is comparable to Theresia, who is relativistic in speed.

The speed of sound and speed of light are specifically mentioned, so didn't get the impression of a mistranslation being there, but if you have the raw to check that's fine with me.

The speed of sound and speed of light are specifically mentioned, so didn't get the impression of a mistranslation being there, but if you have the raw to check that's fine with me.
The raws for that one sentence are 翼をはためかせ、 虹から逃れようとするカリヨンだが、 音を置き去りにする飛竜であろうと、 極光の速度には勝れない。

The word they are translating as 'light' seems to be 極光, which means aurora borealis. This appears to just be a way of referring to Julius' attack.

I know that the LN is the defacto canon, but c'mon now, even the anime is more canon in certain aspects.
What? No, the anime isn't more canon than the novels at all. The levels of canon would be: light novel > web novel > anime = manga. Light novel at the top for obvious reasons, web novel is next for also being directly made by the author, and then manga and anime at the bottom for being adaptations that the author didn't directly write.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back