• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rayman General Discussion Thread

I've noticed the Raving Rabbids Rayman is somewhat inconsistent in terms of size, sometimes he's as tall as the Rabbids, other times he's taller
That makes things a bit tricky in terms of calcs... I guess we could try to compare him to Earth objects from the Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 cutscenes. Though I’m starting to think Ubisoft didn’t put too much thought into his height.

What made you think they put even the slightest bit of thought when creating the Rabbids to begin with? xD

Probably the same line of thought that led Illumination Entertainment to create Minions...

But yeah, Rayman himself might not have much stuff to calc in those games, at best we can use the Rabbids' height of 80 cm for other calcs.

What made you think they put even the slightest bit of thought when creating the Rabbids to begin with? xD

Probably the same line of thought that led Illumination Entertainment to create Minions...

But yeah, Rayman himself might not have much stuff to calc in those games, at best we can use the Rabbids' height of 80 cm for other calcs.
True lol. Imagine an alternate timeline where Rayman 4 did come out with the original vision for Rabbids. The Rabbids would have been completely different and probably wouldn't have spawned their own series (and somehow get a crossover with Mario). I don't even know if Origins/Legends would have gotten made. Kinda surreal to think about.

Speaking of calcs, its taking a while for the explosion calcs to be evaluated.

I contacted a calc group member. They said the Moody Clouds calc should be fine, but said we should talk to the calc group members that already commented on the Buccaneer blog for evaluations. So the Buccaneer blog may need to be recalculated with another formula unfortunately.

I just thought of an interesting question. What are some music that you guys like from the Rayman series?

Most boss fight and level themes, the intro music to Rayman Origins... Rayman generally has loads of great music.

Rayman 3 music in general is super good. Can’t forget good Ol’ Hoodoo Sorcerer

Rayman Arena/M soundtrack is also really underrated. I will always think of Rayman’s theme from that game as his official theme.

The best thing about the Rayman series is that not one track is the same, the series' OST is very diverse

However, you normally hear didgeridoos, banjos, similar odd-sounding instruments but implemented really well, and those have become the more "Raymanesque" sounds.

Also, before Reflux, I never thought didgeridoos could sound intimidating. The chanting adds a lot, too.

And compare all these last few themes, all very different, all very good.

Well said, the games and their music manage to evoke totally different tones making each title feel unique.

Also, I just remembered the Tomb of the Ancients music from Rayman 2. I can’t get over how creepy they made it sound:

I don’t know if anyone is interested, but some stuff from cancelled Rayman games recently surfaced online

Oh well, look at that. Someone made a respect thread for Ed from that underrated Ubisoft classic Tonic Trouble, which is related to Rayman 2.

He and Jade were on a list of future character profiles in an old thread, right?

Oh well, look at that. Someone made a respect thread for Ed from that underrated Ubisoft classic Tonic Trouble, which is related to Rayman 2.

He and Jade were on a list of future character profiles in an old thread, right?
Yes they were, and that’s a pretty cool find. I was actually considering making a profile for Ed at some point. I wonder if we’d be allowed to add him to the Rayman (Universe) page even if he is from a different series (considering how heavily associated Tonic Trouble is with the Rayman series).

Sorry for the double post, I found a thread talking about shockwaves that may be relevant to the Buccaneer/Grolgoth explosion.

Last edited:
Another calc

Dang, great job! It's a bit of a shame that the wiki doesn't consider the shockwave formula useable at the moment (though honestly, even without it, I didn't expect the Rabbids feat to get as high as multi-continental). Though its nice to have accumulated a few calcs for the verse.

Any other Rayman/Rabbid feats worth calculating?

Other than the continent pulling of course, I'll get to that when I can

There is this feat from the Delirious Divebomb minigame from TV Party where Rabbids crash into various astronomical bodies, including the Sun. I am not sure how useable it is since it is technically an off-screen feat.

What priority would the Belch and Continent pulling feats be for the calc evaluations?

It seems like the Rabbid causes a huge explosion on the surface of the Sun? Hard to tell with the video's quality but that'd yield very high results.

The priority would probably be 2-3, I think

I'm extremely busy today (gonna work all night as well) so if I have the free time to talk or calc, I do one of either

I contacted a calc group member a few days ago and they commented that the Buccaneer recalc is usable if we divide the result by 2 (so 10.1472785 megatons unless we can prove it's a nuclear explosion somehow)

As far as I'm aware it's not nuclear, so I've edited the blog.

R2 Rayman at City level ain't too bad

Let's see... What else to calc? I've been looking at the Hoodlum HQ level and man, making a map out of that for a calc would be absolute Hell... I don't think the fireball would be a City level explosion but I'm not entirely sure.

Let's see... What else to calc? I've been looking at the Hoodlum HQ level and man, making a map out of that for a calc would be absolute Hell... I don't think the fireball would be a City level explosion but I'm not entirely sure.
Yeah, that would be too much work for little return. I've seen some calcs that use the minimum possible number instead of trying to figure out the size of something in game, such as using the height of the smallest real world mountain for a calc. I'm not sure if something similar could be done for the Hoodlum HQ however.

We don't really get a good view of any mountain, it just cuts to André and Reflux after Rayman is sent flying by the explosion's fireball, and the next time we see Rayman he's hovered down into the Tower of Leptys (iirc). In fact I'm not sure if across the series we get a good shot of a mountain to measure an explosion of any kind, or the whole island (except maybe Rayman 2) to see how much it'd take to destroy it, though I don't recall anyone threatening to do so.

I'm sure there are more Rabbids feats that could be worth calculating, those crazy bunnies do plenty of crazy stuff.

We don't really get a good view of any mountain, it just cuts to André and Reflux after Rayman is sent flying by the explosion's fireball, and the next time we see Rayman he's hovered down into the Tower of Leptys (iirc). In fact I'm not sure if across the series we get a good shot of a mountain to measure an explosion of any kind, or the whole island (except maybe Rayman 2) to see how much it'd take to destroy it, though I don't recall anyone threatening to do so.

I'm sure there are more Rabbids feats that could be worth calculating, those crazy bunnies do plenty of crazy stuff.
We probably would have enough to do a CRT for the series once those Rabbid calcs you’ve already done get accepted. I’m not sure what else to calc at the moment.

Btw, assuming Polokus made those constellations since they're shaped after creatures from the Glade of Dreams, wouldn't that make him way above Planet level?

Also, in the blog someone mentions an explosion from Mr Dark and that's where the Small Country level thing came from, does anyone know what explosion that guy is referring to?

Back