• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well there you have it. Even without an unknown number of pegasi RD should be capable of dispercing a fair portion of clouds on her own.

Besides she doesn't need to destroy the entire thing. Just make a hole big enough that the frogs won't be raining near their immediate area.

She also reversed Raritiy's town scale weather manipulation on her own.

Yes, while inside the clouds.

And shouldn't be that much weaker? You're gonna need to prove, preferably with another instance of something on that scale or close, and that still doesn't excuse the probable time skips.

What difference does that make? She created a tornado around herself and used it to drill into the clouds to disperse them. She still never made contact.

Im trying to find a clip of the feat Lightbuster is referencing, but even so, this is a feat performed by RD and a bunch of nackground characters who RD is immensely superior to

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Yes, while inside the clouds.

And shouldn't be that much weaker? You're gonna need to prove, preferably with another instance of something on that scale or close, and that still doesn't excuse the probable time skips.
I doubt it. Rainbow on her own is one the most powerful pegasi in the series. She is easily worth dozens of normal pegasi if not even greater than that.

And remember, this needs to happen in seconds, otherwise Weather is just doing others in in the time it takes her ti reach him if not far before that.

Because you just said it yourself, to drill into the clouds, ie contact.

And then why did she need all that help? You're gonna need more proof.

...Thats not contact, thats like saying putting a forcefield around yourself and ramming into something is the same as ramming into it without the forcefield. She didnt make contact with the clouds.

Because plot

Oh so I guess Lyra Hearsyrings is suddenly on unicorn Twilights level? No. She had been consistently displayed as the fasest and strongest pegasi on the show.

Weekly, I think you're missing the point, she still needed to quite literally drill into the clouds, she was inside them, that's essentially contact or close enough.

Plot isn't an excuse unless you can prove otherwise.

@J-Man Mmmmm no, thats not how it works. Tackling something with a forcefield =/= tackling something without a forcefield. She never made contact.

Okay, so explain how dozens of pegesai, most of which arent even on the Ponyville Weather Team and have never manipulated the weather before, suddenly become powerful enough to be comparable to Rainbow Dash.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Strongest and fastest doesnt mean worth a dozen.

Mike Tyson can rag doll people, he ain't worth 50 people though.
To be fair he ca punch with 1600 joules, in comparison to the normal mans 70-100.

Weekly, you and me both know exactly what I mean, she sure as hell ain't doing it at a range of she's doing it from with the clouds (which is a horrendous idea wuth poison frogs).

Who knows, that's up to you to prove, prove she's worth like 50 pegasus, if she is surely she has another feat on that scale by herself.

And going by that feat, she goes through them via flying through them and the tornado at the end seeming only takes out a few considering it's in a checkered pattern of which we see none of implying it's only one.

Not to mention more cuts, oh and she once again got close and personnel with it, something she'd screw herself over by doing.

@J-Man I'm not sure you understand what youre saying, youre suggesting she made direct contact with the clouds when she very, VERY clearly didnt.

Well she finished the rest of the clouds with that tornado.

Unicorn Twilight is island level. Rarity is small city level. There's your proof of difference between average, and strongest in mlp.

Weekly, we see here go into the clouds.

That's not at range, that's right up in there with them.

Cool now prove that applies to Pegasus and not literal magic spells and such.

>finished off the rest of them.

Clearly not, from what I watched that tornado took out one, after two cuts no less.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Weekly, we see here go into the clouds.

That's not at range, that's right up in there with them.

Cool now prove that applies to Pegasus and not literal magic spells and such.

>finished off the rest of them.

Clearly not, from what I watched that tornado took out one, after two cuts no less.
I don't need to. The strength of a pegasi would logically be determined by the strength of their magic. Just as unicorn spells are.

It's not magical spells. Only Unicorns and Alicorns can perform magic, Pegasi do everything physically. If we're discussing the Winter Wrap Up feats, magic was literally banned from that event entirely, and the only use of magic was for something unrelated.

Also, weaker Pegasi can tank lightning bolts from storms without significant injury.

Not discussing lightning anymore, discussing the poison frogs.

Ah yes but did she do at a distance? preferably thousands of feet? No, in fact she was inside them, tornado or not she was still inside the clouds, bad udea regardless of it being a tornado, plus youve yet to prove she can do that by herself.

And whats stopping her from making a tornado to gather up all the frogs and using it to send them away like she did with the Parasprites?

Easy, because unlike that, it'll just keep raining frogs. And that tornado, was it done via speed or range? If speed, like the flash, horrendous idea, yes make a tornado to suck them up while youre in it, thats not gonna backfire.

And there's the fact Weather can use air pressure to splatter the frogs himself creating a spray of poison or send them flying at her at all directions.

In the interests of moving the discussion on, I'm going to assume that RD can in fact counter the poisonous frogs by making a tornado. There are still some other pointers to consider:

1. What's stopping WR from just phasing through RD and setting her on fire?

2. How is RD going to counter WR increasing the oxygen content to 100%, bypassing her dura and poisoning her?

3. How is RD going to touch Weather (person) when his stand can make forcefields and electrocute her upon contact?

That's kinda already been brought up outside of combustion.

And no one's actually showed she coukd stop frogs, they span multiple kilometers, any contact with them is lethal. She lacks the range to stop all of them and since they don't come from clouds she can't disperse them.

Tornados aren't omnidirectional so she can't take them all out, Weather can manipulate the frogs to hit her via manipulating air pressure , essentiallly bullets but theyre frogs or blowing them up into a spray if poison, all this from multiple directions. So she makes a tornado going one way, the frogs raining down from all other directions still hit her especially with weather helping in that.

And doing a tornado flash style via speed is horrendous, making a tornado to suck up thibgs that are frail and will cripple ta on contact while being in there with them is just bad.

I'm starting to side with Weather Report given his myriad of abilities like Oxygen Manipulation. Is it in his character to use these abilities off the bat though? Because theirs still a solid chance Dash would one shot him before he gets it off.

Oxygen manip isn't, everything else he does like combustion, bloating people to nigh bursting with water (somehow), freezing and vaporizing stuff. Frogs he to prevent movement, it killed at least one person who was caught in it, crippled another.

Any ability that's offensive in combat that isn't necessarily tied to raw power is hax. Even "lowly" powers like Poison Manipulation is hax.

Yes I was thinking that too. If they don't have knowledge of each otger then I doubt WR would use his upper tier powers until ot is too late.

What? His upper powers is banned here otherwise she'd be a snail, everything mentioned is stuff he'd do in these circumstances except oxygen.

He'd only use those powers if he felt necessary. You don't go using your strongest abilities off the bat. Most people rarly do.

Yeah, these aren't his strongest abilities so not sure what youre talking about.

And he would use them since he did use them against people.

Hell some of these he used against people for fun.

The only real questionable thing he would use is oxygen manip, everything else is fine and he'd use it in an instant if he wanted or felt the need to, which he does in series anyway.

Back