• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

raiden genshin impact vs raiden metal gear rising revengeance

Status
Not open for further replies.
While cool, especially the time stop, none of that actively prevents Raiden from doing anything given he just blitzes because he spams amps. If he couldn't amp then yeah, he'd be low key super ******. But Blade+Ripper goes brrrr.

She doesn't open with Time Stop and it's more of a mid battle attack
GI Raiden is pretty skilled but I don't think it's ever been discussed, only thing going for her would be experience afaik
Might not mean anything in comparison to Jack tho, seeing as he's hella skilled

Yes but, imagine landing a hit on someone who has speed amps to the pint they literally statue you, but also straight up skill ***** you to the point you'd be hard pressed to land a hit even if he didn't blitz your ass to hell and back.
profile says he can only increase his speed by 2 to 10 times

profile says he can only increase his speed by 2 to 10 times
2x is basic Blade Mode, 10x is Blade+Ripper Mode.
7 times is enough for a blitz, and yeah, and when he does it, his foes become barely mobile,

For just a example, things slow to an utter crawl, including his foes, enabling him to just, ya know, **** them up. Raiden abuses Ripper Mode at his peak, and he uses Blade Mode, like, all the time every chance he gets. He's gonna roll up and then stack amps and his foe is gonna slow down to a barely mobile pace, extreme slow motion.

He could I'd guess yeah, but if she can just lol time stop at a thought, skill ain't helping that. Luckily Ripper+Blade goes brrrrrr, but without that, even if he could outskill and bisect or something, if she could just go za warudo, he'd be kinda ******. His blitzing capabilities bypass that, without, nothing.

Would the fact that they would have a starting distance of 4 kilometers due to Standard Battle Assumptions and Raiden Shogun's planetary range be relevant?

Would the fact that they would have a starting distance of 4 kilometers due to Standard Battle Assumptions and Raiden Shogun's planetary range be relevant?
Huh.
That strikes to me as odd, I know atleast she definitely has Several Hundreds of Kilometers of Range with Electro via the storm over the sea from Inazuma to Liyue, but I haven't seen to come across anything suggesting Planetary range mind telling me where that's from?
I know this isn't a CRT and Several Hundreds doesn't matter with a 4km distance but I'm curious

Huh.
That strikes to me as odd, I know atleast she definitely has Several Hundreds of Kilometers of Range with Electro via the storm over the sea from Inazuma to Liyue, but I haven't seen to come across anything suggesting Planetary range mind telling me where that's from?
I know this isn't a CRT and Several Hundreds doesn't matter with a 4km distance but I'm curious
There is a voice-over of the Raiden Shogun puppet saying that she will stop all the thunder in the entire world, so that the Traveler can have a good rest at night.

There is a voice-over of the Raiden Shogun puppet saying that she will stop all the thunder in the entire world, so that the Traveler can have a good rest at night.
"Good Night I command the thunder in all corners of the world to cease. Rest well tonight."
Okay Thanks, I've seen it's this one.

The way you described it made it sound like a "I'd get the world for you"😂.

Her range section needs work.

The way you described it made it sound like a "I'd get the world for you"😂.
You have to admit that the sheer scale of the feat and statement which is for the sake of someone sleeping well at night already makes it sound like that on its own.

ack has no way of killing her which would technically make this a stomp
Afaik you can win through incap. If the body replacement takes awhile he can just win by killing the first body. EDIT: Yeah I was right
Victory Conditions: Death of the opponent, removing the opponent from the battlefield for at least one week (BFR), knocking the opponent out for at least one hour, or incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day, are to be assumed as victory conditions.

For the fight it mostly depends on if weeb Raiden can close the gap before a stiff breeze from waifu Raiden obliterates him on the molecular level

Afaik you can win through incap. If the body replacement takes awhile he can just win by killing the first body. EDIT: Yeah I was right

For the fight it mostly depends on if weeb Raiden can close the gap before a stiff breeze from waifu Raiden obliterates him on the molecular level
We don't have a statement for how long it would take but Ei makes it sound like as if it would hardly be an issue. It certainly isn't a large timeframe since the Raiden Shogun serves an important political function in Inazuma and an unexplained prolonged absence would be guaranteed to cause trouble.

"Despite serving as my guard during this journey, you need not shield me from danger. The Shogun's constitution is rather robust, and in the event she does break down, we can simply get a replacement. In an emergency, just send her into the fray."

This is the voice-over from Ei because of which her ability to recreate the Raiden Shogun is on her profile.

Has she ever actually done something like that in combat? Ever? What's even her in-character moves and leads? Jack's aren't hard to figure out, up close he just uses swords and other HF weapons, sometimes employing things like EMPs, HTH and what not to supplement it. Far away depends case by case. But does she do exactly?

Also range is one of the absolutely worst possible things you can give Raiden if you yourself lacks huge as **** AOE that can just glass the whole area or ludicrous senses and precog or something (And I don't see any actual good AOE on her), remember, he isn't just unga bunga, he has absolutely stupid stealth capabilities, you give him an inch and you'll never see his ass again untill he has his sword through your skull.
While Raiden definitely throws hands up up close and will stay in combat if already engaged, if he's at a huge distance to begin with? There's a very real chance he's just going to opt to assassinate you instead and employ his past espionage capabilities.
As action packed as Rising is, there's still espionage tactics employed by him throughout the game, he commonly assassinates foes without ever being seen when given a chance when he isn't forced into a direct confrontation and even has multiple zendatsu's for that very tactic, he has multiple methods to cloak himself and become nigh impossible to see, and he's a master of stealth, tracking, mind games, and more.
If Raiden decides for that approach, she will never find him untill it's far, far, to late, the best she has is clairvoyance that applies to a very specific thing that isn't gonna do much for her from what I can tell.

Alternatively, he can clear that distance in mere moments, especially with the help of something like dystopia so shrug.

We don't have a statement for how long it would take but Ei makes it sound like as if it would hardly be an issue. It certainly isn't a large timeframe since the Raiden Shogun serves an important political function in Inazuma and an unexplained prolonged absence would be guaranteed to cause trouble.
One day isn't long tho. Unless they're so incompetent that her being gone for a mere 24 hours would obliterate that society.

"Despite serving as my guard during this journey, you need not shield me from danger. The Shogun's constitution is rather robust, and in the event she does break down, we can simply get a replacement. In an emergency, just send her into the fray."
That comes off as tremendously vague, maybe it takes a few hours? A day? Or maybe it actually is just a few seconds.
All she's saying is if it dies, they can just end up replacing it, there's no real timeframe or indication of such given at all.

Has she ever actually done something like that in combat? Ever? What's even her in-character moves and leads? Jack's aren't hard to figure out, up close he just uses swords and other HF weapons, sometimes employing things like EMPs, HTH and what not to supplement it. Far away depends case by case. But does she do exactly?
It's just the justification of her range. She doesn't have any problems with utilizing her powers over electricity and related phenomena in combat though.

One day isn't long tho. Unless they're so incompetent that her being gone for a mere 24 hours would obliterate that society.
That comes off as tremendously vague, maybe it takes a few hours? A day? Or maybe it actually is just a few seconds.
All she's saying is if it dies, they can just end up replacing it, there's no real timeframe or indication of such given at all.
Yeah, 24 hours wouldn't obliterate that society but you also have to consider that Ei is completely unconcerned which would imply that it wouldn't take much effort and I'd say that needing to work for 24 hours on something wouldn't be something you wouldn't be concerned about.

I'm talking about using it on a literal huge planetary scale, also, is that just range or AOE?
Range is one thing, but what about AOE? Just because you can hit something on the other side of the planet doesn't mean you can create a huge boom that covers everything between it and you. Does this just mean she can cause a lightning strike wherever or a gale or what not?

Yeah, 24 hours wouldn't obliterate that society but you also have to consider that Ei is completely unconcerned which would imply that it wouldn't take much effort and I'd say that needing to work for 24 hours on something wouldn't be something you wouldn't be concerned about.

Who says it needs effort? Time=/=Effort.
And is she concerned? Not really, but she's also not really concerned with it happening in the first place based on the fact she says it's strong to begin with so don't worry, she's just saying on the off chance it does happen, they can replace it, nothing less, nothing more. And again, that doesn't actually give us any timeframe at all even working under your logic, it's just a vague "yeah im not worried, we can replace it lol".

I mean, absence of evidence is not evidence. You can't provide she can return quickly its a viable win-con for Raiden since she could easily take more than 24 hours to return.

I'm talking about using it on a literal huge planetary scale, also, is that just range or AOE?
Range is one thing, but what about AOE? Just because you can hit something on the other side of the planet doesn't mean you can create a huge boom that covers everything between it and you. Does this just mean she can cause a lightning strike wherever or a gale or what not?

Who says it needs effort? Time=/=Effort.

And is she concerned? Not really, but she's also not really concerned with it happening in the first place based on the fact she says it's strong to begin with so don't worry, she's just saying on the off chance it does happen, they can replace it, nothing less, nothing more. And again, that doesn't actually give us any timeframe at all even working under your logic, it's just a vague "yeah im not worried, we can replace it lol".
Well, given that the voice-over which provides the justification for the planetary range is about ceasing thunder activity across the world and not a single attack it does have a bit of an area of effect element though it's not like as if that outright means as if she could cover the entire planet's surface in electricity but I guess it does mean that she can control thunder equivalent to the thunder that exists on a worldwide scale. She is also passively maintaining a storm around her entire nation all the time, so that would probably count as well when it comes to area of effect. Boss fights involving Ei and the Raiden Shogun also feature area of effect attacks from her though they aren't anywhere near the scale of the stuff that has previously been mentioned.

That would depend on the way the replacement is made though we do admittedly lack information about that. I'd say though that it can't be a large amount of time since that would be an inconvenience for Ei to worry about and the people of Inazuma would probably get worried about the Raiden Shogun inexplicably missing long before the absence would cause any actual problems.

Yeah, she does make a point to say that the Shogun is robust but the way it's worded and said also implies that the replacement process wouldn't be an issue. You can listen to the voice-over yourself if you want to.

I mean, absence of evidence is not evidence. You can't provide she can return quickly its a viable win-con for Raiden since she could easily take more than 24 hours to return.
I'm not saying that it takes little to no effort due to there being no evidence of it taking considerable effort, so I don't think that I'm saying that an absence of evidence is evidence in this case, so you might need to explain that point more. The use of the word "simply" itself shows that this process has little to no complications for Ei.

Last edited:
Ignoring the first bit because that doesn't actually say anything of note here besides "she can cease a bunch of random individual storms across the planet" (so not big AOE, just range) and "she conjured a storm" (so not AOE, just basic storm stuff), aka, nothing that's gonna enable her to just huge multi km boom the whole area.

Boss fights involving Ei and the Raiden Shogun also feature area of effect attacks from her though they aren't anywhere near the scale of the stuff that has previously been mentioned.

Then that should be what is used unless there's a cutscene or actual display shown otherwise, in which case how big are those? Are we talking like like multi-km booms? Or just a handful of meter blasts and what not? How big are those attacks? That's what she clearly uses in a combat scenario, so that's what we should be using, especially because storms ain't really AOE to begin with, they cover area, but it's not like the storm itself is entirely lethal like a huge blast, the lightning and maybe even winds within can be problematic, but the lightning still has to like, hit.

That would depend on the way the replacement is made though we do admittedly lack information about that. I'd say though that it can't be a large amount of time since that would be an inconvenience for Ei to worry about and the people of Inazuma would probably get worried about the Raiden Shogun inexplicably missing long before the absence would cause any actual problems.

And how much is a "large amount of time", that's the issue, it's subjective, is it a second? A minute? A hour? A day? Even a week? We don't know, neither do you. The best you can deduce is long enough to not be overly problematic, but how long is that? Again, we don't know. Like can these other dudes not take care of themselves or last without her? If they're competent then yeah, maybe hours, days or even a week is long enough to not be a huge issue. Or maybe it could be super quick, but again, we don't know.
And then there's that, how would the people even know? Are you telling me if the president vanished right now, we, the public, would know right away? **** no, we probably wouldn't know ever. Does the nation not having any cover up, people to take her place in times of crisis, aids, and other such things? Why would the public even know? And even then, assume they don't, why does that imply it must be extremely fast? Are you implying the nation would find out within seconds or minutes so she must be able to res within seconds or minutes? Again, that's kind of ridiculous, honestly, if we think about this realistically, it'd probably be a few hours at most before even the closest associates realize anything is wrong, let alone the general populace. I don't buy this argument, even using your logic as to why it must be fast doesn't actually indicate it must be fast if you think about it.

Yeah, she does make a point to say that the Shogun is robust but the way it's worded and said also implies that the replacement process wouldn't be an issue. You can listen to the voice-over yourself if you want to.

Already did, which is why I'm saying, it's vague. The replacement process not being an issue doesn't mean it's snap her fingers and it's done. Bad food analogy time, it's not hard to cook, but it doesn't mean it's fast.

The use of the word "simply" itself shows that this process has little to no complications for Ei.
I just mean if we have no timeframe given for her reincarnation ability then you can't proclaim Raiden has no win con. Since its just as valid that she takes more than 24 hours to get a new body.

Also range is one of the absolutely worst possible things you can give Raiden if you yourself lacks huge as **** AOE that can just glass the whole area or ludicrous senses and precog or something (And I don't see any actual good AOE on her), remember, he isn't just unga bunga, he has absolutely stupid stealth capabilities, you give him an inch and you'll never see his ass again untill he has his sword through your skull.
While Raiden definitely throws hands up up close and will stay in combat if already engaged, if he's at a huge distance to begin with? There's a very real chance he's just going to opt to assassinate you instead and employ his past espionage capabilities.
As action packed as Rising is, there's still espionage tactics employed by him throughout the game, he commonly assassinates foes without ever being seen when given a chance when he isn't forced into a direct confrontation and even has multiple zendatsu's for that very tactic, he has multiple methods to cloak himself and become nigh impossible to see, and he's a master of stealth, tracking, mind games, and more.
If Raiden decides for that approach, she will never find him untill it's far, far, to late, the best she has is clairvoyance that applies to a very specific thing that isn't gonna do much for her from what I can tell.

Alternatively, he can clear that distance in mere moments, especially with the help of something like dystopia so shrug.
MMMMMMMM Cyborg ass...

Is this not just AP stomp vs Speed Blitz + Dura Neg and thus a stomp either way? This should be in fun and games lmao

Has she ever actually done something like that in combat? Ever?
Eh she surrounded the borders of Inazuma with a storm, and The God of Electro being able to affect all the naturally occurring Electro in the world isn’t a massive stretch either

Less “Can” more “Did”, since the voice line is her promising to do it, and there’s no reason stop believe she wouldn’t fulfill it.

well, if she gets up close, raiden metal gear rising revengeance can still turn her into a puree. ranged attacks are her best bet, assuming he doesn't just dodge them.

edit: i just realized that i completely misunderstood your post because i thought "weeb raiden" was referring to raiden genshin impact

Last edited:
So both can one shot, while one can statue and the other can snipe

this really feels better suited to fun and games...

Yeah I got that, I'm saying in a combat situation, show one time, ever, she did what you're saying in a fight, over what we see her do in her boss fights and stuff, literally just a single time is fine.
Also, again, why does this matter? What exactly is conjuring a big storm gonna do here? It's not exactly comparable to say, Freeza dropping a huge **** off nuke and glassing everything, Akuma generating a giant shockwave, Aquaman doing idk water stuff? A storm isn't really conventional AOE.

Yeah I got that, I'm saying in a combat situation, show one time, ever, she did what you're saying in a fight, over what we see her do in her boss fights and stuff, literally just a single time is fine.
It’s completely irrelevant, we’ve never seen her fight at these ranges either, that doesn’t mean she does a T-Pose until Raiden gets within a certain range. If she knows an opponent is that far away she’ll use the powers she has that can effect him that far away.

Is this not just AP stomp vs Speed Blitz + Dura Neg and thus a stomp either way? This should be in fun and games lmao
its not a stomp either way. both sides can win. if two glass cannons can one-shot each other, is that a stomp either way? no, because either side could theoretically win. it would just be a really quick fight.

Yes but if Genshin Raiden gets statued by Metal Gear Raiden, and both one shot each other, then there can only be one winner lol. Both One Shot and cancel each other out, except MG Raiden has that one extra stomp method to tip the scales

raiden genshin impact can still win if raiden metal gear rising revengeance doesn't instantly lead with blade mode.

raiden genshin impact can still win if raiden metal gear rising revengeance doesn't instantly lead with blade mode.
Yeah but doesn’t he in character? Arguing potential outcomes that can only happen theoretically doesn’t really get us anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back