• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Radiating with Skill: Ikki vs The Nuclear Throne (Grace)

Machinegun shots from an entire army leaves openings. I mean are you even serious at this point? You're implying he slips through the oppenings. It was even specifically stated "Inconceivable. It was a barrage of lead with no gaps to hide in.". It wasn't dodgeable or something he could slip through. Ten i Muhou specifically doesn't dodge stuff, it basically makes everything slip past him.

Precog says when something can hurt him, not to mention that ikki's not the type to just say "imma tank it cus why not".

Even with precog, the absurd mass of attacks will be so large it'll be nearly impossible to tell what's actually killing him.

Also, that quote about "nothing to hide in" sounds like an exaggeration more than "a magical machine gun".

One machine gun can't compare to this.

Not really, he just now knows not to get hit.

Magical machine gun? Wot? One machine gun??!! It was an army of over 100 skeletons each of them holding one Thompson. That's over 100 machine guns firing at the same guy. It doesn't sound like "exaggeration" it is just common sense. They're humans, not ants, there is something called "size".

Now I can't get the image of 100 skeletons with machine guns out of my head.

Anyhow, it seems unlikely that Ikki passively evades attacks, so the votes above stand. Iirc, 3 left?

He'd have to have it on basically permanently to gung-ho the entire game like that, and I'll need more evidence to believe him doing that.

>The technique mostly used to deal with stuff like that.

>Ikki knows he has to specifically avoid everything.

>He won't use it so he'll decide to get hit.

I will actually need evidence he "won't" use it for the entire game, and will just decide "i wonder if it would be fun to actually get hit by those".

Well a hundred skeletons all firing machine guns at once would still leave some large gaps overall, bullets are small and can't fill the entire air space the way projectiles in nuclear throne do....

You do need evidence of him permanently spamming a technique for several minutes straight, and that's assuming it works against this hellish danmaku at all.

The pen or the sword said:
Well a hundred skeletons all firing machine guns at once would still leave some large gaps overall, bullets are small and can't fill the entire air space the way projectiles in nuclear throne do....
So obviously speaking something the size of a human would be able to fit in those gaps. With over 1300 rounds the average distance from bullet to bullet would be around 1 cm or so. So obviously it would be plausable Kuraudo just slipped through such obviously abusable openings.

I see your point, yes.

Ikki uses Ittou Shura against the throne

Throne does

Ikki passes out because he doesn't have the stamina to even use them longer then a minute

Ikki's Ittou forms are completely moot here as they screw him over big time due to their stamina drain

No but he had a far easier time fitting into those gaps then the nonexistent gaps in nuclear throne. Yeah narration exaggerates a ton, it is impossible for a hundred skeletons to completely fill the air space and create a literal wall of bullets with machine guns unless the bullets are massive or the machine guns can fire far more bullets (Like a absolutely ridiculous amount), the gaps should be to small to dodge through but it seems this technique allows it.

Yea, Ikki has a lot of silly strong amps, so I bargained putting him in a match where stamina is actually important would be a nice change of pace.

Is that a vote, Schnee?

I'm inclined to say stomp since Ikki will completely screw himself by starting with Ittou forms in character

Yes because what Kuraudo, a 1.85m tall dude, did was actually slip in through the 1cm gaps in space.

I totally see reason here. It's not like he used Ten I Muhou to do this:

His body was exposed to the barrage defenselessly. And yet the bullets were not gouging out his flesh—they were veering aside. The moment any touched Kuraudo's body, it glided past over his clothing, flowed around him without wounding. No—they were being made to do so.

Absolutely not.

@Schnee

Ikki will use it after judging how much time he has left from the radiation. If he has less than 1 minute, right away, no point in holding it back. If it is more than one minute then yes way more than that.

Actually, good point. I'll toss in prior knowledge on the general plan of events, so he doesn't accidently screw himself by activating a form when he doesn't need it.

Earl the gaps are a lot bigger then one centimeter wide if theyre using machine guns, Im not denying he used his technique to do so just saying its not the walk through a solid of projectiles feat your trying to claime it is,

How can he tell how much time he has.

Schnee One said:
Ikki starts with Ittou forms though, you even said this yourself
Depends on how much he can resist as i said. It was first said you can't resist more than 30 seconds. Now it's at about 2 minutes or so.

Ikki will know how much his body can resist and as i said "if it's less than 1 minute he will use it, if not he will use it when he only has 1 minute left". He has massive info analysis, skill and precog to know when he's gonna drop from radiation.

Schnee One said:
I'm inclined to say stomp since Ikki will completely screw himself by starting with Ittou forms in character
Alright, editted to give Ikki knowledge that he'll be fighting for a long while and will have to kill The Throne (the first form) twice.

The votes remain, though, since none of them revolved around Ikki killing his own stamina accidentally.

Earl the gaps are a lot bigger then one centimeter wide if theyre using machine guns, Im not denying he used his technique to do so just saying its not the walk through a solid of projectiles feat your trying to claime it is,
How can he tell how much time he has.
Im not saying it was through a solid of projectiles. Im saying "it's a similar amount of shots". And Ten I Muhou will still work. So the point is why are these projectiles not gonna simply evade ikki when he's using Ten i Muhou?

Info analysis and possibly precog. OP knowledge too now apparently.

Schnee One said:
How does nuclear throne ignore dura btw? May toss him against Cole
Radiation. A lot of really, really nutty radiation hax.

(The Wasteland likely isn't any more passively radioactive than Hiroshima or something similar, but getting hit by a direct attack is just about GG)

Moritzva said:
The votes remain, though, since none of them revolved around Ikki killing his own stamina accidentally.
The votes revolved around "ikki dying after 30 seconds of exposure" which is where the FRA's come from. Making them invalid considering it was decided that is not the time limit.

It was a lot more than that. The danmaku, the exposure, the various enemies that could delay him, the length of the battle whittling down his stamina, etc...

Remember, we can't separate the time limit and the radiation attacks like two entities. Maybe he can deal with the passive radiatiob, maybe he can beat the game and avoid all attacks, but can he do both at the same time? Above votes say no.

First more important question how is it a sword stance if the bullets dodge around you? It seems like a magic barrier or influence to me.
The splash of blood that rose so high that it reached the ceiling―was Kuraudo's. There was a massive slantwise gash on his huge built body, starting from the right shoulder till the end of the lower left abdominal area.

And as for Ikki, he sustained no wounds.

Why? Yamata no Orochi was something that didn't allow defending nor evading. In truth, Ikki took on the eight serpent fangs with his body. But why was he unharmed?

The reason, Ayase understood it immediately.

…N-No doubt… that's….

In the past, Ayase had witnessed this technique just once. When Ayase decided to enter Hagun Academy, it was the secret technique of the Ayatsuji single-blade style her father had shown her.

At that time, when Ayase attacked her father with Hizume, she certainly did hit his body. But, she wasn't able to cut him. The response, it was as if he was cutting the sakura petals dancing through the air. Her father said this―

―A counter-attack will be delayed if one uses the blade for deflection in order to perform an interception.

Because whenever one shifts the enemy's sword to evade, then one's own sword will also shift from the place he wants to attack a proportional distance. Then what should be done in order to perform a perfect counter?

Kaito's gave an answer to that question. All one had to do is take the opponents attack with one's body and ward it off without shifting the opponent's sword along with the place one wants to attack.

A peerless stance to evade the enemies attack by taking the most minimum possible movement, dispelling everything of the material world while feeling every physical existence around.

"Ayatsuji single-blade style final secret, Ten'i Muhou!"

S K I L L

Moritzva said:
It was a lot more than that. The danmaku, the exposure, the various enemies that could delay him, the length of the battle whittling down his stamina, etc...
Remember, we can't separate the time limit and the radiation attacks like two entities. Maybe he can deal with the passive radiatiob, maybe he can beat the game and avoid all attacks, but can he do both at the same time? Above votes say no.
Milly and Griff (FRA)

Came from "elphant's foot" 30 second time limit.

Also Emeperor voted stomp.

@Pen

Fair enough what reasons though. Elephant's foot incaping in 30 seconds isn't a reason anymore.

Danmuku radiation everywhere, needing to clear fifteen levels each containing over a hundred enemies that explode into rads on death, several bosses with large aoe radiation attacks, the toxic waste litering the ground he'll need to avoid walking through ect It's not thirty seconds but he does have a timer and he has to avoid full melee combat or dodge the rads released by his enemies on death.

Reading that text told me nothing its a bunch of flowery language that doesn't really explain what the hell he's doing. He taking the hits but not being harmed..... Is that what it means? He somehow allows the attacks to hit him and redirects them across his body to do no damage?

Emperor should come back, as he initially voted FRA, leaned on stomp, but then the reasons for a firm stop were debunked.

Milly and Griff, as I said above.

I mean, this obviously isn't a stomp if we still have arguments for Ikki outskilling hos way through.

Moritzva said:
Emperor should come back, as he initially voted FRA, leaned on stomp, but then the reasons for a firm stop were debunked.
Milly and Griff, as I said above.
>Debunked his reasons so we count his vote as Thorne

That's not something you do. Him coming back and voting again, i agree, not answering his points then counting his stomp vote without his consent.

@Pen

Flowery or not doesn't change what he does. Also it's not "get hit but doesn't get hit", more like "the attacks just slips past him without harming him".

He originally votes for The Throne, is the thing.

Anyways, if you don't mind, you could ask them to return.

Moritzva said:
He originally votes for The Throne, is the thing.
Anyways, if you don't mind, you could ask them to return.
When did he do that?

Also about Milly and Griff here is literally Milly's vote:

Earl, I would highly suggest you search up the real life phenomenon called Elephants Foot. In its prime, 30 seconds of exposure would induce confusion and fatigue, 2 minutes of exposure would force your cells to hemmorage, 2 minutes would spawn vomiting, etc.

I would imagine this thing dwarfs the Elephahts Foot, and considering this fight absolutely will not be completed under 30 seconds, Ikki is going to die via stalling.

So he's going to allow highly radioactive bullets to slide past him at close range...Doesn't sound like it'll help his timer...

fair but flowery language makes it very annoying to decipher.

Could someone ask the people above to revisit, then? Their votes and their premises are solid.

So he's going to allow highly radioactive bullets to slide past him at close range...Doesn't sound like it'll help his timer...
Unless those balls can kill you from just being close, it's a moot point.

It won't kill him instantly but it won't help.

They can't but they still radiate radiation which isn't going to help his whole Im in a nuclear wasteland surrounded by a toxic enviroment thats killing my thing...

Back