• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Radiating with Skill: Ikki vs The Nuclear Throne (Grace)

Moritzva

The Blood Goddess
Joke Battles
Content Moderator
Thread Moderator
Speed Equalized. All the generators are broken, so Loops are active. First key Ikki.

Ikki knows he's facing a very large boss rush of enemies, and that the battle won't be over until he kills The Throne (the first form) twice.

The Nuclear Throne: 7 (Greyfang, Milly, Pen, Lancelot, Noodles, HL3, Wokistan)

Ikki Kurogane: 1 (Earl)

SCP-682:

Can Ikki defeat the entire game, or will he succumb to the wasteland?

Ah, forgot to specify.

I'm using first key, since iirc he goes full Desperado later and I ain't dealing with that.

Ionliosite said:
And this is like the battle againts Fugil just that Ikki has his amps and dura-neging things
Ikki has less stamina and regen, but has dumb amps and AP.

Firephoenixearl said:
What's this whole loop thing? I don't get it.
Ikki kills The Throne.

The Throne II spawns.

He kills that, and is then BFR'd to the start of the game except it's considerably harder, and has to fight through the entire game and kill The Throne again.

Firephoenixearl said:
Any limit to this?

Or does he just have to clear it twice?
As long as he doesn't destroy the generators again. So, only once.

Problem is, danmaku + radhax means one radiation hit kills him deader-than-dead.

Firephoenixearl said:
Danmaku works vs ikki? I mean ten I muhou and all.
I'm assuming this is a typo?

This isn't just regular danmaku. This is levels of danmaku that make Touhou look quaint.

There are certain combinations of enemies that can literally produce solid walls of bullets with 0 ability to directly dodge. This isn't even counting the fact that Horror exists and will come after Ikki since him breaking rad canisters is suicide. Even if he somehow beats Horror, he'll have to deal with the loop Hyper Crystal which insta-kills him if he tries to melee it.

How many bullets exactly?

Solid walls of bullets, meh he has dealt with aoe. Why would meleeing crystal kill him?

@mori

No, check ikki's profile in the skill taber for ten I muhou

Dozens, but the bullets are the size of the people firing them.

I don't think he's dealt with AoE that he can't just lolbodycontrol through, which he can't do with this. Also "Spatial Manipulation (It was stated that making contact with the Hyper Crystal will stretch the person infinitely)"

Ok and this helps him why?

Ok and going through fire lets him move through bullets why? Also that would cause his sword to get space haxed.

The Throne is... very powerful. Surviving a Loop is virtually impossible without insane danmaku and defensive abilities.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Only one I have who could fight fairly with this thing is Shinra Kusakabe, but it takes only a few seconds for him to get to Rel+ but I don't think that'd help as he's misfit a H2H combatant.
Possibly. The Throne only has one main hax, but... Yeesh, is that hax repetitive. Lots of it.

Most attacks from the game can be reflected/negated with a screwdriver, a shovel, sword, etc. Ikki can do the same.

Meleeing the HC isn't really gonna kill him, he gotta touch it directly to die

You're gonna need proof that Ikki can do that with the same ease as the characters in-game, since their melee attacks have large shockwaves.

Also, considering the mechanics of Devices, it's gonna get spatial ****** on hit. It might not kill him, but having his soul functionally EE'd is gonna **** him up badly.

KGiffoni said:
Most attacks from the game can be reflected/negated with a screwdriver, a shovel, sword, etc. Ikki can do the same.

Meleeing the HC isn't really gonna kill him, he gotta touch it directly to die
Yea, it's more likely that NT's abilities are able to reflect projectiles rather than assuming I could pick up a shovel and play laser pingpong in real life.

What? They're not shockwaves, they're the swing of their attacks.

Proof to that is that the mutation that expands the AoE of these "shockwaves" is literally a pair of longer arms.

KGiffoni said:
What? They're not shockwaves, they're the swing of their attacks.

Proof to that is that the mutation that expands the AoE of these "shockwaves" is literally a pair of longer arms.
That doesn't change the fact that it's far more likely that the weapons have properties that allow them to reflect (which is why only some weapons can really reflect) rather than bullets being reflect-able by anyone.

The Mutants have the ability to reflect projectiles with their weapons, Ikki does not.

C'mon dude. It's LITERALLY a screwdriver and a humanoid fish. It being able to EE/reflect bullets is very probably just game mechanics. Like, if the mutants or the weapons were stated to be able to reflect bullets or if that was at least implied, alright. But it's not. It's plain game mechanics.

KGiffoni said:
C'mon dude. It's LITERALLY a screwdriver and a humanoid fish. It being able to EE/reflect bullets is very probably just game mechanics. Like, if the mutants or the weapons were stated to be able to reflect bullets or if that was at least implied, alright. But it's not. It's plain game mechanics.
Fish, and interdimensional rapper triangles, and walking skeletons, and sentient rocks...

Take it to a CRT, but you won't get very far.

Hl3 or bust said:
Ok and this helps him why?

Ok and going through fire lets him move through bullets why? Also that would cause his sword to get space haxed.
You said the bullets are the size of humans so he can't get past them. Trackless step too. Precog also helps cus he can pull what he did to kirihara's danmaku.

Not really, unless even bullets or weapons that hit that thing get space haxed.

Ikki has nowhere near the space he did against Kirihara here. Base Ikki's Trackless Step works right up until he attacks, more than enough time for Horror to blast the area with insta-kill radiation.

Again, considering the mechanics of Devices and what they are, Intetsu becomes a long boi.

Space isn't a problem... why should it be? Trackless step works up until the life is in danger. Which is an almost inreactable fraction of time. Him doing anything that would even bother ikki is iffy at best, considering ikki can attack from behind.

What does that mean? It's an object from the soul. What kind of mechanics?

Because he doesn't have the stupidly large arena he had against Kirihara to dodge anymore. Btw, can Ikki even hit a living mass of radiation to begin with? Because if he can't, then he's just stuck in that level via not being able to kill everything there and the Throne wins by default.

It's literally a part of the user, is what i'm referring to.

I imagine he can damage and hurt Horror (it seems as if the radiation entities are at least partially physical) but it'll be difficult and very risky.

He didn't even really dodge most of them, he smashed them away. Though if said "living mass of radiation" is actually non-corporeal then no.

I'm personally doubtful of full noncorp.

You're gonna have to decide on that.

If they are tangible, then sure ikki can fight and kill them.

If they aren't even corporeal then it's a stomp as ikki can't even affect them.

Can't all the mutants hit him with literally every weapon of the game? And when playing as Horror, can't everything hit you? He's totally corporeal.

I see more evidence saying they aren't fully intangible, only partially.

Regardless, it'll be tough for Ikki to fight them, skill or not.

Keep in mind, the radiation of The Wasteland will put him on a time limit (which hurts that a lot of his amps have short limits too).

Back