• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Radiating with Skill: Ikki vs The Nuclear Throne (Grace)

Just coming back to drop the official version of the Ten i Muhou explanation:

Dispersing one's soul through all of creation while taking in all of creation, resulting in a peerless stance that could ward off any attack with the minimum amount of movement necessary.
"The Ayatsuji style's final, ultimate move: Ten'i Muhou!"

Just proving my "ward off/deflect attacks, not dodge or slip into gaps".

Once more with "Ikki isn't skilled, he just has Powers & Abilities"

Anyways without evidence that he spams it in character, it doesn't mean much. If he was permanently intangible he'd be a wee bit less of an 'underdog'.

>Permanently

>It's a specifical technique that does that.

>Ward off any attack

>Intangible

I wonder how many more times i gotta say it doesn't go through him. He wards them off.

With what?

If it's skill, you have to explain what physical technique it is. If it's an Ability, what is the ability?

So he deflects the attacks quick with a sword, got it.

That won't help against pure radblasts and lasers, but I imagine Ikki will have the precog to avoid them with other methods.

He specifically doesn't move his sword to do so. It's really weird, but he just plunges in and wards it off with his body. Let me give you more quote

Ikki, however, was unhurt. Yamato-no-Orochi's eight strokes moved with such speed that they should have been unavoidable and unblockable. He should have been torn to shreds.
In truth, Ikki had taken every single set of fangs head-on, but he came out uninjured. Only Ayase knew how that was possible.
I-It must be…
She had seen this skill only once in her life, back when Kaito had first showed her the ultimate technique of the Ayatsuji Single-Blade Style. By her father's urging, Ayase had attacked him with Hizume, putting all of her strength behind the attack. It had hit him, but he was unscathed. She'd felt only emptiness, as if she had been trying to slice at petals falling through the air.
Kaito explained that when one parried an enemy's attack, their counterattack was slowed. To push away the enemy's weapon, one had to move their own away from a proper attacking position.
Knowing that, how could one counter as quickly as possible? The answer, Kaito revealed, was to fend off the enemy's attack without abandoning one's optimal offensive stance

The attack is specifically created to deflect attacks without affecting the stance, so in the same position.

Letting radiation attacks "hit" at all seems like a really, really bad idea.

That's where the "feats" come in. I also thought at first that it was just sliding off his body normally, however if it were an actual slide with a ton of contact they would have suffered grazes all over their bodies. Which is not the case as they specifically get 0 damage. So that makes it pretty weird in terms of what they mean with using their bodies.

Well I can't assume it'll work against rads unless I know exactly how it works.

Radiation is a particle and wave, so it is a ball of tightly packed ionized particles and waves coming at him.

You know? Different from a metal projectile.

GreyFang82 said:
Radiation is a particle and wave, so it is a ball of tightly packed ionized particles and waves coming at him.
You know? Different from a metal projectile.
I know, but that's not the case here apparently. As in game you can literally smash these balls away. I know what radiation is, but radiation in this game behaves differently from what one would assume. Making it's traits null.

Any manner of lasers would be different, and it's decently likely that it's game mechanics/attack reflection as a power & ability to reflect them.

Iirc, some can't even be reflected, only destroyed.

And Ikki isn't a mutant, having the balls skid off his skin would be dangerous as ****.

Moritzva said:
Any manner of lasers would be different, and it's decently likely that it's game mechanics/attack reflection as a power & ability to reflect them.
Iirc, some can't even be reflected, only destroyed.

And Ikki isn't a mutant, having the balls skid off his skin would be dangerous as ****.
Any reason those are plain game mechanics and not just well...it was never meant to be radiation that can pass through material objects unbothered?

That would be game mechanics. Unless the ones that can be destroyed aren't radiation. If they are the same, then it's just game mechanics to add variety and challenge to the game.

How dangerous exactly? Remember these are balls of radiation, not actual waves that spread like normal radiation would. What would it cause ikki?

I'll have to test what radiation attacks can and can't be reflected but that'll have to be later today, apologies.

Balls of radiation that would instantly kill him if they hit him, so being near them would speed up his limit, especially if they brush up against his body. Though, as long as he avoids too many direct hits, I suppose he can trudge on.

One thing i'd like to ask is. What proof is there that the radiation these guys emit (passively) is that lethal? We're comparing it to chernobyl's case, but why would the intensity of the radiation be that high?

Moritzva said:
I'll have to test what radiation attacks can and can't be reflected but that'll have to be later today, apologies.
Balls of radiation that would instantly kill him if they hit him, so being near them would speed up his limit, especially if they brush up against his body. Though, as long as he avoids too many direct hits, I suppose he can trudge on.
No problem.

Yes if they "hit" him. So if they literally go through is body. Radiation specifically only brushing against his skin wouldn't contribute to the organ damage from the radiation. As it specifically only affects the part it touches.

Firephoenixearl said:
One thing i'd like to ask is. What proof is there that the radiation these guys emit (passively) is that lethal? We're comparing it to chernobyl's case, but why would the intensity of the radiation be that high?
Mutants with Gamma Guts nigh-instantly kill enemies they run into (all of which are irradiated enemies).

But considering that enemies don't have Gamma Guts, a better explanation is that the entire battlefield is an incredibly irradiated nuclear wasteland left desecrated after immense disaster, with radioactive and mutated enemies aplenty and radioactive materials and canisters common.

Firephoenixearl said:
Ok, but that doesn't imply it's chernobyl level of radiation intensity.

Also "run into" define that.
Gamma Guts is a little radiation flare upon physical contact, and most radiation weapons also intensely damage radiated enemies.

As for how potent the radiation is? Chernobyl was a single nuke, this was a terrible disaster that plagued the entire multiverse with radiation and demands an interdimensional police department to regulate, with the aftereffects changing the very species that exist.

So, yea.

I don't think that just because it was a multiverse disaster somehow means that it scales to the highest potency radiation known to man.

About as legit as saying that since The Infestatio is a form of virus that spreads across an entire solar system than the toxin it produces would be superior to the most lethal toxic known to man. Which isn't the case.

I'm saying that this is clearly one helluva disaster, and one that has caused a lot of intense nuclear symptoms and death similar (if not superior) to literally anything the world has seen.

Not all types of disasters have the same level of radiation. Fat Man's explosion was a bigger disaster overall and the radius of the explosion wasn't that great, however Chernobyl's radiation is ridiculously more powerful.

OK, let me make this clear.

Normal creatures and robots are resistant to wasteland exposure.

Creatures make of radiation and ONLY feed in radiation kill those guys nigh instantly.

Mutants have gamma guts that kill those guys nigh instantly. Obviously the mutants Resist the radiation in their gut.

The Throne, Its Gaurdians, and Horror still nearly kills them on contact.

The Throne kills mutants with radiation even though they Resist radiation potent enough to kill beings made of radiation that is potent enough to kill robots and creatures resistant to radiation.

That's not even potency at this point. It's just wonky plot.

You don't kill radiation by using more potent radiation. That's like pouring water at water and it disappearing then using that as potency.

Hold the **** up isn't this coming from the series where people are getting their fate manipulated by people who exist outside of Fate?

Schnee One said:
Hold the **** up isn't this coming from the series where people are getting their fate manipulated by people who exist outside of Fate?
Fate of the world. Different fate, not completely lack fate.

But eh, whatever then, does this insta kill on radiation beings actually apply to the passive radiation or only to the active?

This instant kill radiation is attacks only, the passive radiation is still bad enough that after 1 or 2 levels you have a grotuese mutation.

This is good for the mutants since they are beneficial, but for anyone else it's likely cancer.

Fate of the world. Different fate, not completely lack fate.

But eh, whatever then, does this insta kill on radiation beings actually apply to the passive radiation or only to the active?

RIP Type 4

Back