• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quicksilver upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mandaring feat does not seem quantifiable, as Quicksilver did not cause any damage. I also do not see him withstanding a blast there, just avoiding it.

The Iron Man feat may be legitimate, but seems like an outlier.

Titania and Gladiator's son were not exerting themselves in the slightest.

Eventually punching off the High Evolutionary's face mask also seems like an outlier, but I am not certain.

Antvasima said:
The Mandaring feat does not seem quantifiable, as Quicksilver did not cause any damage. I also do not see him withstanding a blast there, just avoiding it.

The Iron Man feat may be legitimate, but seems like an outlier.

Titania and Gladiator's son were not exerting themselves in the slightest.

Eventually punching off the High Evolutionary's face mask also seems like an outlier, but I am not certain.
Quicksilver was clearly amped by High Evolutionary there. He unlocked his true potential. Pre-amp Quicky has taken hits from Warlock, Hwrcules, Gorgon, Typhon and Unspoken, who shouldn't be behind Iron Man

Hmm. Maybe. However, he is usually treated as having rather limited attack potency and durability, and Marvel is extremely inconsistent, so it is hard for me to gauge properly.

Also when he was criss crossing Earth when possessed, he created huge rifts much like DCAU Flash

I do not know. I think that it seems safest to scale him from any actual destructive feats that you can find.

Causing rifts while running is the best one. However I don't know if it can be calculated. However we can do KE calcs on him. Like his fastest non-newtonian speed was Mach 4891.

While possessed by Cthon, he ran across Earth's circumference in a few seconds. If we assume 5 seconds, that would be 8015 km/s. He bumped into Hulk at that speed. That's Mach 23367. We can use that to scale his AP

The KE would be 2.56961E+15 J. Or 614.1515296367113024 kilotons. High 7-C. Seems good coz he was creating rifts

Well, maybe. You need to ask the people that I mentioned earlier.

I sorta get Low 7-C or High 7-C, but scaling him directly to Iron Man level people seems like it would generate inconsistencies. Plus its Marvel, just because you hurt someone in one comic doesn't mean you should scale.

There is a better way. His speed boiled water beneath him. He was running at Mach 4.1 in that scene. However it won't be more than 8-A. Imo he should be at least 8-A. It seems better. He one shotted Black Panther too

Qawsedf234 said:
I sorta get Low 7-C or High 7-C, but scaling him directly to Iron Man level people seems like it would generate inconsistencies. Plus its Marvel, just because you hurt someone in one comic doesn't mean you should scale.
Low 7-C seems good too. He is stronger than Cap and one shotted BP

Antvasima said:
Hmm. Maybe. However, he is usually treated as having rather limited attack potency and durability, and Marvel is extremely inconsistent, so it is hard for me to gauge properly.
Agree with Ant. Im pretty sure most marvel characters have these high end feats so we need to judge them based on their average/consistent powerlevel

Im also not sure about giving him durability feat because he didnt die from bumping the Hulk. Can you give the scan?

Is it the one where he ran straight to Hulks arm and got slapped aside?

Not really sure. Quicksilver has these feats but he also has a lot of low end feats.

Also, I dont think he should be High 6-C. He's not portrayed as that strong and the scans you posted arent really solid evidences suggesting thay

Revan Laha said:
There is a better way. His speed boiled water beneath him. He was running at Mach 4.1 in that scene. However it won't be more than 8-A. Imo he should be at least 8-A. It seems better. He one shotted Black Panther too
I think maybe At least 8-A should be fine. I also remember his fight against spider-man where he said that Spider is too tough for him to take down physically

@Sandman31

Thank you for the input. Are you certain that you do not want your old staff position back?

Maybe, but what would the profile page's statistics justification say?

"Stronger than Captain America. One shotted Black Panther. Can create rifts of the ground while running. Destroyed Ultron clone of Captain America. Can boil huge amounts of water while running"

Frost Giants used to be listed as "Class 100" in the Marvel handbooks, i.e. stronger than The Thing, for example, so it is probably an outlier.

According to Marvel Database, "The flesh and bone of the giants of Jotunheim are about three times denser than similar human tissue, contributing to their superhuman strength and weight"

The handbooks severely downplay the power levels of a lot of characters, but tend to give a gauge regarding how powerful the characters are considered in relation to each other,

They didn't use to be. The current Marvel writers just don't know how to handle too powerful antagonists.

Antvasima said:
@Sandman31
Thank you for the input. Are you certain that you do not want your old staff position back?
Not now. But if the offer still stands until I get a decent internet then yeah. Our internet right now has a data cap. I dont want to dissapear after regaining my staff position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back