• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questions On Certain Niggles Within Classic Mega Man

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
I am only making this because I got whined at about my newest page addition to the wiki.

There seems to be a list of certain questionable statistics within the various Mega Man profiles that I would appreciate experts on the verse explaining their origins and justifications. These include...

• Hundreds of kilometers for ranged attacks
  • Most characters having limitless Stamina via being a robot
  • Self-Sustenance, and proof the robots have this
  • Actually, they should also have Inorganic Physiology, which isn't even a question but they don't
If any more issues come up, I will ask them here. For now, this is all I need.

Last edited:
As the person who pointed out these issues, I also hope they get addressed.

• Most characters having limitless Stamina via being a robot
  • Self-Sustenance, and proof the robots have this
Iirc X and Zero fought for years straight without signs of tiring. But in Zero 2, Zero spent a whole year nonstop fighting against armies in the wasteland. After killing literally ******* everything, he collapses. They do say he was damaged, so the collapse might be from that, not exhaustion. But I'm not sure.

Self-Sustenance is pretty obvious tho, Zero, X, Megaman are all fully capable of staying indefinitely underwater (Dozens of stages throughout the games, other robots have shown as such too), and in some cases, space (Final boss of Z4 among a few others). Oxygen isn't a issue, they simply do not breath.
Same with food, they don't eat, nor do they need rest. At least, under normal circumstances. They're basically superman, they use solar energy as sustenance. Og megaman I'm not sure tho.
Sauce.
"Accumulative Energy Generation Device: Stores solar energy. This primary power supply generates both the necessary energy to fuel all of X's systems.
Ultra-Compact Fuel Tank: A large quantity of (Micro-Fusion) fuel is stored in an ultra-compact tank, in order for X to be active when in dark places where renewing solar energy is impossible- such as underground or underwater. This becomes his power source if his accumulated solar energy runs out.
Central Joint Controlling System: X's motor control system for his whole body. "X’s secondary brain that accurately controls all of his movements."

So for X and Zero at least, they just use solar energy, and as long as they're in a place where they have it, they just keep going indefinitely. In places without, is when things get spicy and can indeed potentially run out of energy and thus be rendered susceptible to exhaustion or tiring. Instead of Limitless, it's probably best to just explain how that shit works instead, because technically, it's circumstantial.

As for classic let me do a bit of digging to see what I can find.
Edit: Classic Megaman is the same, he runs off Solar Energy just like his successor.
Link 1, Link 2, Link 3

The concern I had with self-sustenance is more that they should get Inorganic Physiology instead, since it covers the reason better and has other associated powers that they'd get for being robots.

Instead of Limitless, it's probably best to just explain how that shit works instead, because technically, it's circumstantial.

Agreed. Maybe like, list their best feat without solar energy being available, and then say "Limitless with solar energy".

Robots wouldn't get self-sustenance by default, maybe type 1 but not the others

IIRC, the Reploids from the X series have found ways to basically grant them an infinite pool of energy for their ammunition based on what I have heard others say. But I haven't finished the 2nd X Legacy collection yet nor am I knowledgeable on some of the spinoffs. But simply "Being a robot" doesn't grant infinite stamina, though I but "Robot Master" is what the reason says. Though no idea where them having infinite stamina comes from, but the X generation Reploids and beyond should upscale in every way.

Woah. Missed this thread.
  • I do not think there's anything in the games proving hundreds of kilometer range. I think that was for Megamix/Gigamix mangas 'cause remember Mega Man's page was composited a long ass time ago and the profile had hundreds of kilometers range for that before I proposed splitting his profile up. Even then, Rock's shots can reach really far away here (basically fighting an entire mountain-sized fortress lol). So perhaps hundreds of meters-kilometers range here.
  • I always found this odd here as well. I actually kind of planned on revising that at one point. Thankfully, X has a good stamina feat of fighting without much solar energy being supplied into him: in X2, he spends half of an entire day in Wheel Gator's stage trying to infiltrate it (notice how it's mid-day when the level begins and as the level's about to end the stage is night-time). He spends most of the time indoor where there isn't much exposure to the outside sun. So... Good stamina feat mayhaps? I agree with saying that with constant sunlight their stamina is essentially limitless as Chariot proposed.
  • As addressed above, there is proof of Self-Sustenance Type 1 due to the many times they went to outer space without breathing (see X8's final level and Rock trying to infiltrate the Wily Station in Mega Man World 4 as the best examples). Type 2 I think it's because there's nothing suggesting they need to eat to keep themselves up to gear. And Type 3 I think is actually bunk as we can see in X4 where we have Zero sleeping at the beginning of X4 and X at the beginning of X6.
  • I thought they already had Inorganic Physiology Type 2. Strange. Well, they definitely have to be added lol

Is it really correct to scale different robots' ranges to each other, considering they have different attacks?

Not all robots should scale to each other’s ranges, no: Gravity Man’s gravity hold only manipulates gravity within his vicinity for instance and he’s acknowledged as having weak offensive abilities iirc, and Sword Man’s attacks are up close and personal for instance for obvious reasons lol

But maybe robots made for combat made for the purpose to rival Rock and have busters like him (I.e. Skull Man, Proto Man, Ballade and Bass) can. And only those. Currently, at least.

Back