• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Gonna get straight to the point.
The teleporters, right? They are demonstrably not instant. Which is why they have a speed rating on the wiki. Now I was originally like “damn, I can’t find anyone who reacts to the warp since it only happens at the end of the levels.” When Mega Man does it nobody is around to react and same for the other Robot Masters.
But there is another.
And that is Rush.
Rush uses the same teleporter as Mega Man. So it should obviously be moving at the same speeds. And Rock can move in tandem with it in every game Rush is in. So I propose combat speeds equal to the teleporters for classic era characters.

You know, I’ve noticed that too. Though I’ve always taken that as game mechanics. Neutral for now, I’ll wait to see what others think.

so what do you want to say so,like rush can react to rock tele so he should scan to that speed ?
if not then why rush have the same tele as rock meaning him can travel at that speed ?

Heh, now I know why you brought that up in that Discord server lol

Mmm… Maybe… There is also more in-tandem movement with teleporters, albeit it’s not as blatant. I think Wily Machine No. 8 floats up and down in-tandem with Proto Man’s teleporter in MM8, Rock literally jumps back in reaction and in-tandem with Terra’s teleporter in the wee cutscene before you fight him in MMV, and…

WOW OKAY, THIS ONE’S BLATANT: SHADOW MAN DEADASS JUMPS DOWN IN-TANDEM WITH THE TELEPORTERS OF ROCK & BASS HERE! (3:00)

This might possibly legit check out(?) (Altho part of me wants me to stay neutral) but I want Chaos Jester’s opinion too.

Last edited:

Mmm… Maybe… There is also more in-tandem movement with teleporters, albeit it’s not as blatant. I think Wily Machine No. 8 floats up and down in-tandem with Proto Man’s teleporter in MM8, Rock literally jumps back in reaction and in-tandem with Terra’s teleporter in the wee cutscene before you fight him in MMV, and…

WOW OKAY, THIS ONE’S BLATANT: SHADOW MAN DEADASS JUMPS DOWN IN-TANDEM WITH THE TELEPORTERS OF ROCK & BASS HERE! (3:00)

This might possibly legit check out(?) (Altho part of me wants me to stay neutral) but I want Chaos Jester’s opinion too.
Shadow Man is the super blatant one, yeah. Slash Man does the same thing in the same game. Mega Man jumps when Terra doing it in Rockman World V

Furthermore, I've calced the teleporters to be 640 million c as a high end.

I’d say this looks good. With the Terra cutscene, the Shadow Man fight, and Rush backing it up, I think that it’s consistent enough.

I can wait for Starter, but if he says nothing within a few days, I think it could be applied.

DDM did say that if Starter Pack didn’t comment a few days from now that the revision could be implemented.

All that has to be done is change justifications to some of the profiles (mainly Rock’s and Shadow Man’s).

If anyone wants to do that, then go ahead. I’m hella busy rn since I got a thesis to finish.

I am also super busy atm, just got back from work and had a whole bunch of notifications.

Speaking of which Cal, what was that speed calc? It is of great interest 👀
My b for being late.

Teleportation isn't instant in Mega Man. We see guys react to the teleportation each time in the franchise. In fact, at 3:00 we see Shadow Man drop at the exact same speeds as the teleportation. So how fast are the teleporters? Mega Man 3 is the answer here. According to the lore of the game, each of the Robot Masters were sent to 8 separate uncharted planets to farm elements. So I took the 8 closest exoplanets Proxima Centauri d, Proxima Centauri b, Epsilon Eridani b, GJ877 c, Ross 128 b, Groombridge 34 Ab, Gliese 15 ac, and Tau ceti e are the closest. Which means that a Robot Master was most likely sent to each one of these. The farthest one, Tau ceti e, is 11.8999912715 lightyears away (taking the distance of the star and subtracting the AU the planet is from it). As a high end, lets use Mega Man's teleportation speed. http://www.watchframebyframe.com/watch/yt/3apcIT1rGzE Assume that it takes as long as selecting a Robot Master to being able to play the level, which is 10 seconds (00:23 to 00:33), as a low end. The high end would be using Rush's summon speed, which is about a second (20:02:59 to 20:03:15). Low end: 37,554,170.35948 x FTL High end: 670,610,184.99077 x FTL

Based.

Would it be possible if you could post this into a blog of sorts? So I can evaluate it.

Nah clearly gravity and terminal velocity is just completely cracked in this verse

And I was super late to this, but I also agree with the general consensus here.

Also, to add another feat for Rock reacting to teleportation, it's not just Rush that can teleport into battle, but Eddie as well to give Rock a random item on certain stages.

So, yeah, lop that onto the list of justifications there.

Added that also to the profiles…

Given everything was accepted, feel like this thread’s concluded. Just got to let Cal paste his calc into a blog so I can evaluate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back