• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questions about Yamamoto's AP

So this is a topic I've been wondering about for a while and I thought I'd just ask for the reasoning of it.

What I want to know is why Yamamoto is only country level despite it being stated multiple times by senior captains that he could wipe out all of soul society. Shouldn't that give him continental to multi continental power for being able to wipe out the surface of an entire planet? Or am I missing something here?

I'm almost positive it was stated to be similar to earth in size. And theres nothing proving that soul society is smaller than earth either.

Because he wouldn't do it immediately, it'd be gradual.

@Promestein i think hes talking about Yamamoto's bankai's AP, His AP is small continent level Environmental Destruction (prolonged use of his bankai could destroy the furthest known parts of the soul society)

He wouldn't be able to do that immediately but it still was added on his page so if the soul society is the size of a planet (not saying it is) it would still be added to his page

So that should still be continental. If he did it right away it'd be multi continental. But country is way too low. And plus that's only a side effect of him being in Bankai. His actual attacks are likely far stronger since he's focusing all his heat into one place.

You could destroy the world's surface over a pretty quick period of time with just country level.

@True but I thought his flames get stronger the longer he uses his bankai

I agree with Prom. Plus wouldnt it be an inconsistency or outlier for Yamamoto to be any higher then he is rn? It might mess with the scaling.

No it wouldn't mess with the scaling since it gets stronger with prolonged usage and by extent wouldn't be an outlier

Exacty, and plus as I said above. His actual strikes should be far more powerful than him just standing around.

Iirc in his fight with Aizen his flames continued to get stronger and more flame pilers appeared but if they don't get stronger that means he instantaneously has Small Continent Level flames as soon as he actives his bankai?

I'm not very knowledgeable about the bleach verse, I'll message LordAizenSama about this thread see what he thinks

He never mentioned the flames getting more powerful in that fight all he said was that he was gonna nuke all of them. And he definitely didn't say it when he went Bankai (I just reread that today) the destruction of the Soul society was said to be a gradual thing so it wasn't instantaneous even then.

So why dose he even have small continent level Ap when his flames could be much weaker and just spread out over time.

The way its written on his profile his flames eventually will get that strong but if they don't he shouldn't have small continent level AP because that would be more range then attack power

I don't know to be honest, in the manga he goes Bankai then he and Unohana both say that he's Bankai will wreck everything but Unohana also implies it's not instantaneous, some characters even note the slow and gradual evaporation of all the water; key words being "slow" and "gradual"

In every profile where there is a character who can slowly destroys the entire surface of a planet, they are given continental. Take magneto from the Xmen cinematic series for example.

And if him just being in Bankai can wipe out the surface of a planet, his actual attacks are likely much stronger. He probably deserves to be scaled to Ichigo and Aizen for his AP.

Pretty sure Magneto quickly destroyed the surface of the planet. He at least did it much faster than Yamamoto. And if not, his statistics should be adjusted; but that's irrelevant. Yamamoto shouldn't be High 6-A.

Gwynbleiddd is planning to perform a Bleach revision when he finds the time. I will inform him about this thread.

@Prometstein Yeah I agree high 6-A is too much, but just 6-A is what I think he should be.

But let's say that Yamamoto ends up having his environmental destruction kept at high 6-B and no changes are made to it. At that point his actual attack potency should be increased. I can't be the only one who finds it weird that Yamamoto's all out attacks are placed as weaker than the side effects of him simply being in Bankai.

The flames were said to be his reiatsu, reiatsu control = AP overtime, Barragan said that the stars and the moon were nothing to his "aging" hax. Probably why HM is missing a sun. And he is weaker than Yamamoto. Lol

If his reiatsu = his flames that means that he is that powerful, he is holding back by controlling his reiatsu to not destroy everything.

Yeah no.

Sorry but Star level anything in Bleach, ESPECIALLY coming from an arrancar like Barrangan is either huge hyperbole or a ridiculous outlier.

Even if its hax wise its still an outlier as even ridiculously superior characters have hax weaker than his.

For one, Barrangan's hax is specifically to age something away, which is a form of time manipulation. For him to get rid of a star in any way, he would clearly be aging it away not destroying it in any way. If his hax was star level he would have simily breathed away Soi Fon and Haichigen when fighting the 2 of them.

He is the aspect of death, God of Hueco Mundo (Demons) you expect that the only way to kill a God is by its own power. A.k.A. PIS. But of course, plot armor is also present. Hax =\= AP/DC

For one, not all hax is unequal to AP as im sure there are abilities that are entirely dependant on the strength of the user. It wouldnt be very hax but still.

God is merely a title so im pretty sure that does not mean much, especially in Bleach. Regardless, star level Barrangan would be better discussed in a CTR as it has nothing to do with this and it would still be heavily disregarded anyhow.

Back