• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yama's Passive Heat Calc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so the “burn it to the ground” thing may not even be correct anyway, even ignoring the fact that it’s a figure of speech
2157edd840f9c7340ac468408530bb5c.png

This is after others commented on the heat, in fact.

I watched the episode myself, I am very aware of which scans he is referring to. And still, the usage of the term here does not refer to a large planet. It makes no sense, as @KingTempest noted, and my previous post indicates it as well.

Is the japanese different or is this just a different way of translating the same thing? Although I still don't believe that changes much. KT's scan shows definitively that "Soul Society" can and does refer to the civilization in different contexts.

No, the East Branch includes Rukongai as well.
No the East branch refers to the eastern area in charge of governing souls. That being Seireitei. Rukongai only refers to the slums surrounding Seireitei.
2157edd840f9c7340ac468408530bb5c.png

This is after others commented on the heat, in fact.
1) that’s a figure of speech, burn to the ground is a phrase used to mean “destroyed completely by fire”
2) as per the TYBW anime canonicity thread, statements that don’t appear in the anime (like that one) cannot be used

@Deagonx please you need scans to support your side because now it just looks like you're stonewalling without proof, or at least chapter numbers or moments that can be easily found to defend your point

Anyway, this was just a calc group thread for the math behind the calc. This debate can be saved for an implementation crt, since that’s where thread mod votes would matter. I already got my answer on the calc/math side from DT. Right now we are derailing a CGT. This thread isn’t about making the calc applicable to profiles nor does anything in this thread make it valid for scaling. That would be saved for the CRT. So this really can be closed tbh. An implementation CRT for the calc including all the facets of argumentation regarding its useability in an OP is probably best anyway. This way the discussion is more organized.

The East Branch is associated with the Shinigami, with Sereitei being where the Shinigami reside.
This is extremely weak evidence. All he says is "What do you mean you don't know anything about the East Branch, or the Shinigami?" That does not indicate that "East Branch" excludes Rukongai. Only that the character he's speaking to doesn't know about either of those subjects.

I love the fact we are using manga panels to prove something, but later on we reject the relevant ones because it is based on manga. This policy is confusing, but regardless:
Where is the AKM thread? It has been mentioned multiple times. I still want to view it.

Also, I don't think plausibly it refers to an entire planet where Yamamoto threatening the entire dimension (soul society) with his Bankai
It alludes to the water disappearing as the clouds are depicted, and makes a mention of everything being consumed by fire.
indicating the existence of a planetary surface.

Note: I still refer it as dimension because it is afterlife and parallel to living world. This however does not prove it is a large planet in this context. I am not here trying to debunk that Yama is planetary, since he already scales above others.
May I see AKM thread?

And I still think the second scan #2 (which is also not significantly different anime version, burning to ashes is literally equivalent to burn to the ground) is indicating the existence of planetary surface, and not its entirety. It makes contextually no sense.
Anyway, this was just a calc group thread for the math behind the calc. This debate can be saved for an implementation crt, since that’s where thread mod votes would matter. I already got my answer on the calc/math side from DT. Right now we are derailing a CGT. This thread isn’t about making the calc applicable to profiles nor does anything in this thread make it valid for scaling. That would be saved for the CRT. So this really can be closed tbh. An implementation CRT for the calc including all the facets of argumentation regarding its useability in an OP is probably best anyway. This way the discussion is more organized.
Sure, and this factor we are discussing will impact the way of the outcome.

Even DT has the same concerns as @Deagonx and @KingTempest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back