• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yama's Passive Heat Calc

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I am simply disproving how “entirety” that you are using as argument means almost nothing.

Again, prove that soul society is a planet.
I don’t have to prove soul society is a planet, that’s what we currently accept 😭 what are you talking about

Again, prove that soul society is a planet.
Are you being serious right now?
main-qimg-0e6218031fbda2f783632b8e91791c21-lq

It says world, it never says an entire planet. (and it means Dead Spirit World) and is an afterlife.

Going back to the comments of the blog, even DT shares the same viewpoint.

It says world, it never says an entire planet.

Going back to the comments of the blog, even DT shares the same viewpoint.
Dread. We currently accept Soul Society as a planet. If you disagree with that, make a CRT or something. Arc, or anybody else doesn't have to prove that to you. You have to instead prove that it's not a planet.

I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or not. I didn't expect something like this from you of all people.

Seireitei is the city Deagon.
There's Seiretei and also Rukongai. If a character were threatening to melt both Rukongai and Seiretei, it would be natural for them to say "destroy the entire soul society!"

In the absence of evidence that what he's referring to is an astral body, we can't justify calcing it to that.

There's Seiretei and also Rukongai. If a character were threatening to melt both Rukongai and Seiretei, it would be natural for them to say "destroy the entire soul society!"

In the absence of evidence that what he's referring to is an astral body, we can't justify calcing it to that.
You'd have to prove that it was referring to only Rukongai and Seiretei, as there is more in Soul Society than those two locations.

no Deagonx. Destroying the entire soul society does not equate to only Seireitei and rukongai. There is no absence of evidence. We are blatantly told the ENTIRE Seireitei. Furthermore, currently the soul society is accepted to only refer to the planet. If you want to downgrade SS’s size make a separate CRT. Don’t derail my calc thread that’s focused on the premise of heat transfer with this.

Dread. We currently accept Soul Society as a planet. If you disagree with that, make a CRT or something. Arc, or anybody else doesn't have to prove that to you. You have to instead prove that it's not a planet.

I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or not. I didn't expect something like this from you of all people.
Why people suddenly think that making claims like this does not require “evidence” because wiki currently treat it like large planet.

It is not even stated in the verse page, so again, under which authority or evidence is it accepted? Or which thread accepted this notion explicitly?

Why people suddenly think that making claims like this does not require “evidence” because wiki currently treat it like large planet.

It is not even stated in the verse page, so again, under which authority or evidence is it accepted? Or which thread accepted this notion explicitly?
Are you asking for where it was accepted that Soul Society isn't a city (Seireitei) or two cities (Seireitei and Rukongai), but instead a planet?

It’s accepted in AKM’s downgrade thread. It’s not on the verse page because the planets are earth sized, we typically only denote planets on verse pages when they’re different from earth.

That's like asking why any other planet in any other verse isn't stated to be Earth-sized on the verse page.

I'm not sure why that's even needed when Soul Society has been stated and shown several times to be a parallel world to the World of the Living (Earth)

Its being called/treated as parallel world is in fact irrelevant since soul society is “afterlife”, it is like saying “paradise is a large planet because it is parallel”. This does not make it a large planet in any sense.

There is no evidence of it being stated explicitly a planet, anyone could expand the argument to “Soul society is a universe, since it is hinted to be parallel and world of Shinigami” in this principle.

The mere fact of all of this, when they were commenting on the heat, they never even reference soul society as “planet”, rather a piece of surface of planet (like a continent).

Where is the thread that accepts this notion? Since none of you have proved it as far.

Its being called/treated as parallel world is in fact irrelevant since soul society is “afterlife”, it is like saying “paradise is a large planet because it is parallel”. This does not make it a large planet in any sense.

There is no evidence of it being stated explicitly a planet, anyone could expand the argument to “Soul society is a universe, since it is hinted to be parallel and world of Shinigami” in this principle.

The mere fact of all of this, when they were commenting on the heat, they never even reference soul society as “planet”, rather a piece of surface of planet (like a continent).

Where is the thread that accepts this notion? Since none of you have proved it as far.
We don’t have to prove it’s a planet when it’s already accepted as such dread…

You'd have to prove that it was referring to only Rukongai and Seiretei, as there is more in Soul Society than those two locations.
You would have to prove it's referring to a planet, instead of the locations most commonly referred to as the soul society. We can't assume a high-ball interpretation without proof and then demand proof from those mentioning the clear possibility of a more reserved intention behind the statement, IMO.

And as Dread Points out, is the Soul Society not also treated at times as the entire realm? In which case, why not propose that this guy can "melt" the entire realm?

The Soul Society is way more than just the Seireitei and Rokungai what-
Sure, like the West Branch, but people very commonly refer to the East Branch generically as the "Soul Society." The same way "America" could refer to the supercontinent or it can refer to the United States.

instead of the locations most commonly referred to as the soul society
Such as? If you're still referring to Seireitei and Rukongai, then this is a completely empty sentiment without proof of those two locations being "most commonly referred" as the Soul Society.
We can't assume a high-ball interpretation without proof and then demand proof from those mentioning the clear possibility of a more reserved intention behind the statement, IMO.
You can't pick and choose whether we go with what was said or a completely baseless assumption that it isn't actually referring to the Soul Society.

You can't pick and choose whether we go with what was said or a completely baseless assumption that it isn't actually referring to the Soul Society.
I'll ask again, do we not also treat the Soul Society as a realm at times?

If you don’t like the Soul Society’s size, this is not the thread for that. Please stop the derailing
Clover, this is not how it works. The factor actually matters in this calculation, and I am opposed to it. So, yes, it matters and it is relevant and open to discussions.

Also, none of you dropped the thread where AKM introduced the notion, and it got explicitly accepted.

Because people wanna stonewall and derail, here: Toshiro calls World of the Living and Soul Society two planets. You’ll notice the subs say “stars” that’s because the kanji used is 星 (hoshi) which refers to planets, stars, celestial bodies in general. However, it’s obvious that the Shinigami and Humans aren’t living on stars so it’s a clear mistranslation and should say planet.

End of debate, they’re planets.

Umm
If you don’t like the Soul Society’s size, this is not the thread for that. Please stop the derailing
That isn't their argument

Their argument isn't that Soul Society ≠ Planet Sized
Their argument is that Soul Society refers to either the living area or the planet, and discretion is required to find out which is being referred to

This should not be a discussion. The Soul Society is a planet, not a city, and the statement says Yamamoto will destroy Soul Society entirely. That means he’s going to destroy the entire planet, not just one or two cities.
Is the Soul Society not also a realm?

Clover, this is not how it works. The factor actually matters in this calculation, and I am opposed to it. So, yes, it matters and it is relevant and open to discussions.

Also, none of you dropped the thread where AKM introduced the notion, and it got explicitly accepted.
No, objectively this is not right. When it comes to sizes of locations and such, changing it requires a thread of its own. That’s how it’s always been, and the same has gone for the Soul Society, from a star, to a universe, to a planet, or whatever. We’re not gonna spontaneously spiral into Soul Society size shenanigans in this thread

Umm

That isn't their argument

Their argument isn't that Soul Society ≠ Planet Sized
Their argument is that Soul Society refers to either the living area or the planet, and discretion is required to find out which is being referred to
You’d literally need to jump through extra hoops to assume “destroying the Soul Society” doesn’t actually mean “destroying the Soul Society”

You’d literally need to jump through extra hoops to assume “destroying the Soul Society” doesn’t actually mean “destroying the Soul Society”
So why aren't we assuming he's talking about destroying the entire dimension and thus scales to like, universe level? The Soul Society is regularly contrasted against "the living world."

You notice how Seireitei is distinguished from the entirety of soul society in this scan? It’s the nucleus of soul society, not soul society itself.
Read the panel on the right.
"The soul society is made up of Rukongai and the Seireitei, with the latter at the center."

Read the panel on the right.
"The soul society is made up of Rukongai and the Seireitei, with the latter at the center."
That does not mean that the entirety of soul society is those two. I’m actuality, Seireitei is revealed to only be the Soul Society East branch, with reverse London being the west branch. So no Seireitei and Rukongai aren’t the entirety of soul society. The entirety of soul society is the planet.

Yamamoto said he was gonna burn the Soul Society to the ground
He's gonna burn the planet to the ground
How do you vaporize a planet to the ground

The whole thing doesn't make much sense

There's no hoops that need to be jumped through, it's just lay the evidence down and look at it all
You notice how Seireitei is distinguished from the entirety of soul society in this scan? It’s the nucleus of soul society, not soul society itself.
The Seireitei is the nucleus of the Soul Society cause it's in the flat center of that entire area

That does not mean that the entirety of soul society is those two. I’m actuality, Seireitei is revealed to only be the Soul Society East branch, with reverse London being the west branch. So no Seireitei and Rukongai aren’t the entirety of soul society. The entirety of soul society is the planet.
You're sort of making my point for me. People use "soul society" in multiple different ways. As you point out, people often use "Soul Society" when they're only referring to the East Branch.

It's used in different ways so we have to look at the context and try to determine what is probably meant. In this case I don't think we have a good reason to believe he's using it differently than how it's used in KingTempest's scan. Do you have any evidence otherwise?

Where is the AKM thread? It has been mentioned multiple times. I still want to view it.

Also, I don't think plausibly it refers to an entire planet where Yamamoto threatening the entire dimension (soul society) with his Bankai
It alludes to the water disappearing as the clouds are depicted, and makes a mention of everything being consumed by fire.
indicating the existence of a planetary surface.

Note: I still refer it as dimension because it is afterlife and parallel to living world. This however does not prove it is a large planet in this context. I am not here trying to debunk that Yama is planetary, since he already scales above others.

You're sort of making my point for me. People use "soul society" in multiple different ways. As you point out, people often use "Soul Society" when they're only referring to the East Branch.

It's used in different ways so we have to look at the context and try to determine what is probably meant. In this case I don't think we have a good reason to believe he's using it differently than how it's used in KingTempest's scan. Do you have any evidence otherwise?
No Deagonx, the East branch is referred to as Seireitei, not Soul Society.

Yamamoto said he was gonna burn the Soul Society to the ground
He's gonna burn the planet to the ground
How do you vaporize a planet to the ground

The whole thing doesn't make much sense

There's no hoops that need to be jumped through, it's just lay the evidence down and look at it all
It’s a figure of speech for burning something up, I would not consider this a valid counterpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back